Your Bo Pelini Argument is Invalid

NUpolo8

9 wins doe not mean squat is the point. How you win, how you lose, why you win, why you lose is what is important. I would take 6 win seasons if the team was playing up to par, coaching was as good as it could be. Hard fought. No shame in losing to MSU or Wisconsin, but being curb stomped over and over and over by Wisconsin gets old. You would think a good coach could figure out what they might do.

If you play terrible and get 9 wins eventually the crap floats to the top.

I have been saying for four years our wins are meaningless in the long run. You have to be able to play with the National level teams if you want to be at that level. Trust me nobody mistakes having Nebraska on the schedule vs a Alabama or Oregon 9 win teams. Quality over quantity anytime. That is what Osborne grew everything on. Be the best at what you do, nothing less, nothing more.

Name one thing we are the best at or have been best at with this staff, other than over 20 point losses.

9 wins doe not mean squat is the point. How you win, how you lose, why you win, why you lose is what is important. I would take 6 win seasons if the team was playing up to par, coaching was as good as it could be. Hard fought. No shame in losing to MSU or Wisconsin, but being curb stomped over and over and over by Wisconsin gets old. You would think a good coach could figure out what they might do.If you play terrible and get 9 wins eventually the crap floats to the top.I have been saying for four years our wins are meaningless in the long run. You have to be able to play with the National level teams if you want to be at that level. Trust me nobody mistakes having Nebraska on the schedule vs a Alabama or Oregon 9 win teams. Quality over quantity anytime. That is what Osborne grew everything on. Be the best at what you do, nothing less, nothing more.Name one thing we are the best at or have been best at with this staff, other than over 20 point losses.

Twitter

When 2004 came rolling around, I never EVER thought there was a chance of us losing to Southern Miss.

To this day, I still am in disbelief that it happened.

Believe me when I say this, I know the HUGE fault of that season was on a QB (Joe Dailey) who did not have the accuracy nor the understanding truly needed for the offense that Callahan implemented. Dailey may have been perfect for the type of offense he was recruited for, but he was completely lost in the offense that was in front of him. The fact he tried running the football into the end zone at the end of the Southern Miss game, you knew he wasn't the right guy.

But regardless, it happened. We lost to a team that went 6-5 in the regular season. No way in hell did I imagine us losing that game. But it happened.

I get it, I know our schedule. There's 5 gimmies, but we don't know who we're gonna hire. Does anyone know Eichorst enough to trust this guy hiring someone quality? Or just someone who had success in the NFL? WE DON'T KNOW.

So until I know what happens next. That 5-7 record is very much a possibility. NOT LIKELY, it'd be a failure. It's still a possibility.

Getting hit by a car when you step off the curb is a possibility, does that mean you are not going to cross the road?

I don't know how your parents raised you, but I look both ways before I cross. 0% chance of getting hit.