3 and 10, 2 and 11, 3 and 10, 4 and 9.....would you still be Red?

Even old fools like me have come to the realization that change needs to happen, despite the 9 win seasons. We believe that Nebraska Football deserves better. We strongly believe that. We've come to let that belief lead us to the belief that a new coach will get us "back in the hunt" for championships. There is a very good chance that might happen.

What we seem to neglect, or ignore, is that things could also go south. Way south. And not for one or two years, but for 5 - 10 years and beyond.

I'd have started a poll, but I'm neither that patient nor clever.

If we change coaches, make a splash hire, get "top" coordinators, and just tank, how many fans will walk away?

What if we go 3/10, 2 / 11, 1/12, 4/9, 4/9, 5 / 8, 3 / 10? Which of you would still put out the flag, throw on the red shirt and be fanatical Husker football fans?

Who would come here if we fired yet another wining coach. I almost hope the Bo haters get their wish and we end up with a no-name coach from D3 that gives us 4 losing seasons just to get you guys to shut up.

Pelini's a good coach, sure, for a team like Colorado, or Indiana, or Illinois. He can go win some taxslayer.com gator bowl or a pacific life holiday bowl or whatever crappy bowl we get put in, but guess what, that's not good enough for Nebraska. We want to be in the national championship, we want to play physical football, we want to completely dominate anything that steps on the field in front of us. We don't want a coach that barely slips past Iowa, McNeese, or takes a loss to Wisconsin getting his defense completely bulldozed over. Here in Nebraska, we want to win national championships, not taxslayer.com gator bowls....

Even old fools like me have come to the realization that change needs to happen, despite the 9 win seasons. We believe that Nebraska Football deserves better. We strongly believe that. We've come to let that belief lead us to the belief that a new coach will get us "back in the hunt" for championships. There is a very good chance that might happen.

What we seem to neglect, or ignore, is that things could also go south. Way south. And not for one or two years, but for 5 - 10 years and beyond.

If we change coaches, make a splash hire, get "top" coordinators, and just tank, how many fans will walk away?

What if we go 3/10, 2 / 11, 1/12, 4/9, 4/9, 5 / 8, 3 / 10? Which of you would still put out the flag, throw on the red shirt and be fanatical Husker football fans?

Who would come here if we fired yet another wining coach. I almost hope the Bo haters get their wish and we end up with a no-name coach from D3 that gives us 4 losing seasons just to get you guys to shut up.
Oh man the more posts I see of yours, the more I laugh. You criticize other fans for not being a real fan (whatever that means) for not being excited to beat Iowa but then you hope nebraska has a losing record in the future due to them firing their coach...man hypocrisy runs through and through in you. That's a joke.
  • Fire 1

Oh man the more posts I see of yours, the more I laugh. You criticize other fans for not being a real fan (whatever that means) for not being excited to beat Iowa but then you hope nebraska has a losing record in the future due to them firing their coach...man hypocrisy runs through and through in you. That's a joke.
I said almost hope. Mainly because I don't believe Pelini's will be fired Eichorist isn't an idiot. And I called out actual people during the game saying they were upset we won, or that we had a lead, etc. A real fan does not hope their team loses, like some on this board did.

You can call me a hypocrite. But I will always root for my team to win. But thanks for calling me out for saying that if we fire a winning coach I ALMOST hope karma kicks us in the ass and give us what we deserve.

You really got me there.

Very good thread. We all know these fan sites are full of members who are smarter than most of the sports administrators in the country and if only they would take off their blinders and listen to reason ,we would tell them exactly what they need to know.

The answer to this question is simple......if they'd show up in force every day with long rants demanding to throw out the entire staff (except for Ron Brown) after 9 or 10 wins then of course they'd be overjoyed to have the opportunity to really lay into the players,the coaches, the administration, homers, announcers, and concession stand operators if we only won 3 games a year. I think it would be ideal for the health of the opinion boards. The only problem is that the ordinary casual fans would tire of what would have to be a pretty pathetic team and the whole program would be in jeopardy.

So I'm thinking I'm gonna stick to the sack races on this one and let the guys who have the authority and actual knowledge of the facts decide what changes need to be made in this multi-million dollar enterprise. I personally would be showing some assistants the door, but from my vantage point here in my comfy chair it's hard to tell which ones and nothing I've read on this or any other board gives me any confidence that anyone on these boards has the slightest clue what's going on behind those doors.

C'mon MO. None of us really want that. And face it Bo did a lot of things that would generate 'Haters.'

T_O_B