Regular Season is Over - Vote on Pelini's Fate

Landlord

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm surprised.

About 85% of Husker fans wanted Bo gone after Minnesota. Nobody wanted to hear anything otherwise around here for a week.

I felt a strong win over Iowa would change the winds, but really didn't think an unconvincing one would do the same.

And yet, at the time of this post, that's 88 'stay' to 108 'go' -- albeit the "stay"s fall mostly under the category of "Change your staff again, Bo."

Good idea Kaz.

Wins in your finale will do that to the fanbase, Zoogs. It reminds me that a lot of folks have the attention span of a gerbil. Or, perhaps, more aptly, they see us eek out a decent win against a bad Iowa team (and "decent" is honestly a pretty big stretch), see some of the positives from the game, and want to hope. They want to hope that if SE forces Bo's hand and he makes all the right moves-- Beck, Paps, Cotton, Els, possibly Garrison all gone, an innovative, proven OC and a QB coach in some form-- and gets his injured attrition back on defense, next year could finally be the year.

I'm done believe Pelini will turn the corner. I'm playing probabilities at this point. I just don't think the odds are very high AT ALL that all those things break right and we finally have that magical season.

I used hyperbole (exaggerated example) to poke fun at the thought that 9-4 is Bo's floor, since we have been achieving it in two of the worst divisions in all of FBS, and a move to almost any other division, would, in my opinion, result in worse losses. I didn't actually mean that Stanford was as good as 1995 Nebraska, which is obvious to everybody, it was just to create emphasis on how silly of an idea I think your perspective is.

You decided to attack the hyperbole, for being hyperbolic, rather than what it actually represented, which is the prevailing idea that we achieve almost all of our wins against weak competition.

I disagree with your assertion that we have been in the weakest divisions in FBS. MSU, who was in our division last year beat the best of fhe Pac12 soundly. We beat a good SEC team last year. We also beat an ACC team this year.

I think there is more parity than you believe. We have another game left. If we win, it breaks the 4 loss streak. But you'll dismiss that too probably.

Have we always been at war with Oceania too?

No, Eastasia.