Regular Season is Over - Vote on Pelini's Fate

Landlord

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But you guys pull out the same old tired "He said the goal is to win championships and he hasn't so he's a failure so let's fire him". And that's the only metric you have, but Jesus give the man some time. I'll take 9-10 win seasons and be a few dropped passes from possible playoff appearances than firing our current coach to get.... what? A different coach?

Callahan only got what, 4 years? I didn't see anybody asking for him to get more time.

Granted, Pelini hasn't had any losing seasons or missed being bowl eligible like Callahan did, but hey, if Pelini can improve with time, why couldn't Callahan?

Cosgrove was a B1G guy. The transition would have been smoother with him as DC. He wouldn't of given up 408 yards to Gordon either

If what you say is true, more coaches would have the same success that Bo has. If any coach can do it, why are there are there so few schools that consistently get at least 9 wins.

Because you are right now defining success as 9 or more wins per season consecutively for the first 7 years of a tenure. That is your only metric of success right now. Which is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

No major NCAA violations.

High graduation rates and GPA's for his athletes

All 9 and 10 win seasons (and we were two drops away from being 11-1 this year)

The players love Bo

The other football staff love Bo

Recruits consistently say they love Bo

The only people that don't like Bo are some fans, which I guess includes you now.

And I've never said that the 9 win thing automatically makes him successful, in fact in other threads I've said all of the above.

But you guys pull out the same old tired "He said the goal is to win championships and he hasn't so he's a failure so let's fire him". And that's the only metric you have, but Jesus give the man some time. I'll take 9-10 win seasons and be a few dropped passes from possible playoff appearances than firing our current coach to get.... what? A different coach?

Playoffs? You are talking about Playoffs? The delusion in this one is strong. I honestly don't think you know the difference between mediocrity and a nationally relevant program.

Callahan only got what, 4 years? I didn't see anybody asking for him to get more time.

Granted, Pelini hasn't had any losing seasons or missed being bowl eligible like Callahan did, but hey, if Pelini can improve with time, why couldn't Callahan?

The part that wasn't fair was that BC took over a team with very little talent and that is why he had to recruit so many juco's to fill all of the holes that Frank left him. He filled them but most of them graduated after 2006, which left him with a team that wasn't ready for a schedule with 10 bowl teams on it in 2007. But there is no defending two losing seasons, but he did leave Bo with enough talent to be successful, just like TO did Frank. After Tom's and Bill's recruits left, we saw how bad of recruiters both Frank and Bo was/are.

I think Bo can be successful much like Frank at a MAC level school where recruiting isn't that important as there isn't much pressure to win. Championships are nice, but not expected and that is where coaches who can win 9 games a year like those two belong if they want to say HC's.

Just for the record, I voted "no", I don't want Bo back, but I'm sure he will be back with the same staff, coaching philosophies, and heartbreaking disappointments for the next season.........on another note, I will never understand how the 9 win season ( dedhoarse ) has become has become the new gold standard for Husker Football, replacing conference championships, top ten finishes , and contending for a national championship :dunno:facepalm:

"With this win, Pelini has 66 wins in his first 7 seasons passing T.O. for most wins by a Husker Head Coach in his first 7 seasons."

It doesn't mean anything. You really can't compare the two.

Pelini has had atleast 13 games every season. He actually has 3 seasons with 14 games. TO only had one 13 game season.

TO was 65-18-2 (85 games). Percentage of 78.3% (didn't count the ties)

Pelini is 67-27 (94 games). Percentage of 71.3%

You also want to leave out the legacy of the loses. Bo's loses are Chernobyl style.

I am also tired of hearing how games like today are 'great wins'. Iowa sucks. Just like Northwestern 2013 (hail mary) sucked.

Only thing shown today is that these kids are talented enough to overcome the scheme. I am excited about that.

Lol.

Bo is not going anywhere. Neither is his 9-3 staff.

This is the new norm, get used to it. It will take consecutive losing seasons to fire Pelini.

Empty seats will do it.

And there will be large swatches of them if he's still coach by Monday

Then we can blame all the whiners that they ruined the sell out streak.

Lol.

This is the new norm, get used to it. It will take consecutive losing seasons to fire Pelini.

Empty seats will do it.

Or you could blame the actual, real life problem.

• Fire 6

Lol.

Empty seats will do it.

That's the most backwards statement I've seen about this whole debate.

• Fire 1

Lol.

Empty seats will do it.

You. I like you.

Lol.

Empty seats will do it.

Agree 100%. The only way fans can voice their displeasure for a program stalled in mediocrity is with their wallets and presence at games. Who gives a crap about the sellout streak if the output on the team is consistently sloppy and unable to perform well against top teams.

Yes, absolutely. The anti-Pelini crowd has not demonstrated that they could find a proven improvement that would seriously come here. And yes, 9+ win seasons (three of which were 10-win seasons) over seven years really is an important accomplishment, especially compared to where we were before Pelini arrived. And yes, I remember the 90s when we won the three titles. Maybe that's why I feel more patient than some of the newer fans calling for Pelini's firing.

No major NCAA violations.

Behaving how you are supposed to is not an accomplishment - it's expected. Even so, plenty of coaches can claim this.

High graduation rates and GPA's for his athletes

Again, there are a lot more than 5 coaches in NCAA history that have had their players get good grades. It's great but you're reaching and this doesn't make him special.

All 9 and 10 win seasons (and we were two drops away from being 11-1 this year)

We were also two plays away from 7-5. It's a credit to Pelini that we haven't slipped up any worse than 4 losses, but with the schedules we have had, 9 wins is practically gift-wrapped.

The players love Bo

Please. Players always love their coach. Zac Taylor wrote an impassioned letter in defense of Bill Callahan.

The other football staff love Bo

Recruits consistently say they love Bo

Again - your coworkers and your players liking you isn't an accomplishment - it's expected.

The only people that don't like Bo are some fans, which I guess includes you now.

Don't confuse liking someone with wanting them in their job. I like Bo. I don't want him as the coach anymore.

Either way your use of the word 'some' is funny, since well over double as many people want him gone than don't according to this poll and others lik eit.

But you guys pull out the same old tired "He said the goal is to win championships and he hasn't so he's a failure so let's fire him". And that's the only metric you have, but Jesus give the man some time.

Only metric huh? Yeah.... I've NEVER heard anyone cite embarrassing blowout losses, lack of championship appearances, lack of major bowl appearances, poor record against ranked teams, national embarrassments with his behavior, fighting to barely be ranked in the top 25, telling the fans to f#*k off, hiring his unqualified buddies, taking a lackadaisical approach to recruiting, or sloppy, inconsistent and mentally weak performances as reasons to let him go.

I see what you're saying. Literally the only thing is championships - none of that stuff has ever come up in conversation.

It seems like today the theme is championships. Several of your posts today only talk about lack of championships. Just thought I'd point that out.

And all the things you claim are expected (ie every point I made) there are plenty of schools that can't claim their coaches accomplished some of these.

And I'm sorry but my use of the word some is accurate. Huskerboard is FAR from representative of the fan base as a whole.

It seems like today the theme is championships. Several of your posts today only talk about lack of championships. Just thought I'd point that out.

And all the things you claim are expected (ie every point I made) there are plenty of schools that can't claim their coaches accomplished some of these.

Show me a single post of mine that ONLY talks about a lack of championships.

I will save you the trouble and tell you that you shouldn't look because it doesn't exist. I've supported Bo his entire tenure and I will continue to if he continues as our coach, but I want him gone because of the entirety of his shortcomings, which there are many of. Lack of championships is just the biggest on a long list.