Regular Season is Over - Vote on Pelini's Fate

Landlord

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No because I think we can put a better product than this on the field given a better coaching staff. These 'last minute wins' are exciting to watch but why are we even in this position in the first place. However, will he be fired? I saw this interesting tidbit on the OWH Big Red Extra section:

"With this win, Pelini has 66 wins in his first 7 seasons passing T.O. for most wins by a Husker Head Coach in his first 7 seasons."

I think the above,

plus again winning 9 games

>plus the fact that it's going to take what, 7 million dollars to buy him out? and if we win big in our bowl game? I don't know.

I sure would like to see a change, though because of all of Bo's issues, his yelling at those kids repeatedly, not just getting in their faces once for a bad play but continuing to berate them after the play is over. That really bugs me. Those boys need to be TAUGHT as well as coached. A good coach is a teacher first. I guess that's why Osborne was so effective. He was a teacher first and a coach second.

Anyway, No-We need a change but unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen but we'll see!

This is No's 7th season. In his first 7 seasons Osborne had 18 losses and 2 ties. No Pelini has 27 losses.

Out of 1274 games played by Nebraska anywhere from 5 - 7 (depending on what stats are pulled up) worst losses of all time come under this man No. 1274 games played and at least 5 of the worst losses of all time came in a 7 year span by one coach, No Pelini. Let that sink in.

He'll be back next year. Minimal changes will be made.

This is such a destination job that the last time we fired a 9 win coach, when we still were Nebraska, we got Billy C.

We're not 2 years removed from a NC game appearance at this time. Fire him and you'll regret it.

Jeez I didn't realize that if we fired a coach we automatically get another Billy C. Thanks for clearing that up.
If we fire a winning coach, the likelihood of a good coach wanting to come here are close to 0. It's why we ended up with Callahan.

If you guys are so sure that Pelini's ceiling is 9-10 wins why not wait for the enevitable losing season you claim we are going to have and then fire him.

Nah, you just explain to through the hiring process that it wasn't about the record - more so about the annual 2 blow out losses and 1-2 games we shouldn't lose a year. I don't think many coaches would argue with that, seems pretty understandable. If you play good, competitive football and we see continual improvement over the years - your job is safe. I know this has been the circular argument on HB for the last three weeks. Lines have been drawn in the sand and there isn't anything anyone can say to change the opposing views.
Worked well the last time, no?

It didn't. You're right, it absolutely didnt. However, this should not prohibit us from trying again.

This is such a destination job that the last time we fired a 9 win coach, when we still were Nebraska, we got Billy C.

We're not 2 years removed from a NC game appearance at this time. Fire him and you'll regret it.

Coaches weren't stupid to take over a team that had very little talent in 2004 with the expectations in what was one of the top two conferences at the time. Now we are more talented in the second worst conference in the country (only the America's Crapiest Conference is worse than the B1G). So a turn around is much easier this time and everyone knows how mediocre this program has become under this coaching staff. Something that people didn't want to admit, or couldn't see when Frank was fired. They didn't take into affect that his first four years were with Tom's players and inflated his W/L record. Once Tom's last recruiting class graduated, what we as a fan base knew as Nebraska Football was dead.

And we didn't deserve to be in that MNC game as any team that doesn't win thier conference and gets woodshedded 62-36 isn't MNC worthy without a playoff. At the time Nebraska was the poster child of how much BS the BCS was.

• Fire 1

I don't support any changes unless Bo feels they are appropriate (and obviously feel that Bo should be retained). But I will say his defense worked really well when his brother was the dc, and went downhill with jp.

Bo was the DC then too, that had more to do with guys like Suh and Amukamara being handed to them.

9-3 and 2 plays from 11-1 and u graduate like 11 seniors. Bring him back.

I know how everyone else feels. Almost make me stop coming to huskerboard, but I have been here for 6 or 7 years so it is part of my daily routine. This is my opinion backed by simple facts and my feelings. I can see how others could disagree. But remember, these are opinions with no "right" answer.

Or we are a few plays away from being 7-5 with losses to Iowa and McNeese St. I'm more worried about what I see than the outcome.

I don't support any changes unless Bo feels they are appropriate (and obviously feel that Bo should be retained). But I will say his defense worked really well when his brother was the dc, and went downhill with jp.

Bo was the DC then too, that had more to do with guys like Suh and Amukamara being handed to them.

Callahan and Co. were not the most stellar team of coaches ever assembled, but they did recruit and they did it well. No Pelini didn't come in to a bare cupboard.

I know how everyone else feels. Almost make me stop coming to huskerboard, but I have been here for 6 or 7 years so it is part of my daily routine. This is my opinion backed by simple facts and my feelings. I can see how others could disagree. But remember, these are opinions with no "right" answer.

Or we are a few plays away from being 7-5 with losses to Iowa and McNeese St. I'm more worried about what I see than the outcome.

this guy gets it
  • Fire 1

Jeez I didn't realize that if we fired a coach we automatically get another Billy C. Thanks for clearing that up.

If we fire a winning coach, the likelihood of a good coach wanting to come here are close to 0. It's why we ended up with Callahan.

If you guys are so sure that Pelini's ceiling is 9-10 wins why not wait for the enevitable losing season you claim we are going to have and then fire him.

That won't happen because of three OOC games against crappy teams and then playing in the horrible B1G West where you are given wins against Purdue, Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern, and either Rutgers, Maryland or Indiana from the East. It would take an epic collapse for NU to have a losing record against that kind of a schedule. That is why 9 wins vs this schedule means that your program is the definition of mediocre. Any coach can do it and we need someone that can get us over the hump and back to at least being relevant in our own conference.

The really funny part is that there were a lot of people that tried to say that McNeese State was a Div 2 juggernaut and that game wasn't as bad as it looked. Well they sit at 6-5 right now, so I would have to say that the kool aid drinkers were wrong on that one.

The really funny part is that there were a lot of people that tried to say that McNeese State was a Div 2 juggernaut and that game wasn't as bad as it looked. Well they sit at 6-5 right now, so I would have to say that the kool aid drinkers were wrong on that one.
At this point, I'm convinced Beck, in all his arrogance and hubris, thought he could use the McNeese game to try new things out in the passing game and didn't prep properly in the rush game leading up to that game.

I don't know.

I know Beck is terrible. He definitely needs to go as does Ganz regardless if this was their last season here or not. Those two do nothing for us.

Barney, just go away. Please.

Garrison.. I don't know. Recruits well, but his O-line is blah and I put partial blame of O-line play on Beck and Barney.

Fisher I'm okay with.

Brown I'm okay with.

Papuchis is an idiot. Even if he's just a yes man to Bo, every time he talks I can tell how big of an idiot he is.

Els is terrible. Doesn't do anything for Nebraska.

Kaz I'm okay with.

Warren I'm okay with.

So if Bo is in fact retained, the following need to definitely be gone.

Beck

Barney

Papuchis

Els

Ganz

• Fire 1

yeah. Ill take the blame on that. Thats my bad.

Coaches weren't stupid to take over a team that had very little talent in 2004 with the expectations in what was one of the top two conferences at the time. Now we are more talented in the second worst conference in the country (only the America's Crapiest Conference is worse than the B1G). So a turn around is much easier this time and everyone knows how mediocre this program has become under this coaching staff. Something that people didn't want to admit, or couldn't see when Frank was fired. They didn't take into affect that his first four years were with Tom's players and inflated his W/L record. Once Tom's last recruiting class graduated, what we as a fan base knew as Nebraska Football was dead.

And we didn't deserve to be in that MNC game as any team that doesn't win thier conference and gets woodshedded 62-36 isn't MNC worthy without a playoff. At the time Nebraska was the poster child of how much BS the BCS was.

So,,because the BCS system was flawed somehow negates the fact that we played for the MNC?

Solich had pretty good talent, at least on defense. Go back and check those guys that played I the NFL.

And if you think that great coaches and the best recruits want to play in this crappy league, then you're not paying attention. There is a reason why the Mississippi schools and some of the bottom feeders in the SEC out recruit us and have better coaches.

It does when you weren't supposed to be there and then you get curb stomped for the second game in a row. Miami was nice not to run it up as they could have easily of had 50-60 points if they wanted to.

So,,because the BCS system was flawed somehow negates the fact that we played for the MNC?

Solich had pretty good talent, at least on defense. Go back and check those guys that played I the NFL.

And if you think that great coaches and the best recruits want to play in this crappy league, then you're not paying attention. There is a reason why the Mississippi schools and some of the bottom feeders in the SEC out recruit us and have better coaches.

Yea, Frank had good LB's and CB's, but the DL only had three players on it total. The offense was totally void of talent other than Herian.

The Mississippi schools are getting talent because they are following Saban's blueprint he had at LSU and now Alabama. Take a look at this link as this forum won't let me post if for some stupid reason.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5112c8b4/turbine/chi-football-recruiting-treadwell-20130206-002/599/449x599