Regular Season is Over - Vote on Pelini's Fate

Landlord

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8-5

He had some good seasons and then turned his team into a joke. He literally defines the saying. His past performance (good to great) did not predict future outcome ( really sh**ty ).We know Bo's floor. I think his ceiling is higher.

So you think Bo goes 9-4 with Auburns schedule, with the players he has right now?

No.

Christ everyone here wants to bag on David Shaw but let's give Bo and NU Stanford's schedule this year.

They go 3-9. Maybe 4-8

Yea. Stanford is a 7-5 team that is probably better than half the top 25, in all honesty.

Bo in that schedule = not good

No way we could play 1995 Nebraska every week, we would still be 8-4 or 9-3. This is Bo's floor you guys.

UC Davis - W---FAU equivalent

Army - W----similar to McNeese, so.....

@ Washington - L Petersen > Bo

@ Notre Dame - L yep

Wash. State - L Leach owns Bo

@ ASU - L oh man this would be bad

Oregon State - W maybe.

@ Oregon - L LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Utah - L likely blowout

@ Cal - Leach disciple, coin flip

@ UCLA - L

Maybe I'm being kind with 4-8

I used hyperbole (exaggerated example) to poke fun at the thought that 9-4 is Bo's floor, since we have been achieving it in two of the worst divisions in all of FBS, and a move to almost any other division, would, in my opinion, result in worse losses. I didn't actually mean that Stanford was as good as 1995 Nebraska, which is obvious to everybody, it was just to create emphasis on how silly of an idea I think your perspective is.

You decided to attack the hyperbole, for being hyperbolic, rather than what it actually represented, which is the prevailing idea that we achieve almost all of our wins against weak competition.

I used hyperbole (exaggerated example) to poke fun at the thought that 9-4 is Bo's floor, since we have been achieving it in two of the worst divisions in all of FBS, and a move to almost any other division, would, in my opinion, result in worse losses. I didn't actually mean that Stanford was as good as 1995 Nebraska, which is obvious to everybody, it was just to create emphasis on how silly of an idea I think your perspective is.

You decided to attack the hyperbole, for being hyperbolic, rather than what it actually represented, which is the prevailing idea that we achieve almost all of our wins against weak competition.

I disagree with your assertion that we have been in the weakest divisions in FBS. MSU, who was in our division last year beat the best of fhe Pac12 soundly. We beat a good SEC team last year. We also beat an ACC team this year.

I think there is more parity than you believe. We have another game left. If we win, it breaks the 4 loss streak. But you'll dismiss that too probably.

I disagree with your assertion that we have been in the weakest divisions in FBS. MSU, who was in our division last year beat the best of fhe Pac12 soundly. We beat a good SEC team last year. We also beat an ACC team this year.

I think there is more parity than you believe. We have another game left. If we win, it breaks the 4 loss streak. But you'll dismiss that too probably.

Have we always been at war with Oceania too?

Today I learned that winning a game by one score by gaining one extra inch on a 4th and 1 = beating a team soundly.

If it helps I also learned Bo is just like Tom Osborne because #9wins even though it took Bo three years to beat a top ten team and atom Osborne did it in his first game ever as a head coach.

Oh and the championships.

But Tom was overrated and the big 8 sucked tho

If what you say is true, more coaches would have the same success that Bo has. If any coach can do it, why are there are there so few schools that consistently get at least 9 wins.

Because you are right now defining success as 9 or more wins per season consecutively for the first 7 years of a tenure. That is your only metric of success right now. Which is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

Didn't answer the question. It's not the only scale of judgement, but if it is so easy then a slew of schools would have done it right? It so easy so all schools can achieve it yet none do.

If what you say is true, more coaches would have the same success that Bo has. If any coach can do it, why are there are there so few schools that consistently get at least 9 wins.

Because you are right now defining success as 9 or more wins per season consecutively for the first 7 years of a tenure. That is your only metric of success right now. Which is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

Didn't answer the question. It's not the only scale of judgement, but if it is so easy then a slew of schools would have done it right? It so easy so all schools can achieve it yet none do.

Go check out the numbers in my thread right here and then get back to me.

Today I learned that winning a game by one score by gaining one extra inch on a 4th and 1 = beating a team soundly.

Today I learned tying is the same as winning.

Well that part is actually true in the context of Big 8 conference championships.

And MSU beat Stanford. So...

Well that part is actually true in the context of Big 8 conference championships.

And your post would actually be more than worthless if I had said that today I learned that scoring more points than the other team = winning, but that's not what I said. Nobody questioned that.

And your post would actually be more than worthless if I had said that today I learned that scoring more points than the other team = winning, but that's not what I said. Nobody questioned that.

Oh I'm sorry. They also did so soundly. At least that's the way it looked on TV.