Does this prove we have the athletes to complete?

When your sig victory is Iowa. You have a talent issue.

I disagree. When you're 9-3, that means you're beating the teams you should (which is usually a case of talent outmatching inferior talent), but you're losing the games against equal or slightly better opponents, which is coaching.

100% agree. NU's average ranking in recruiting is approx 25, Wisky 49 and Minnie 56. Both schools have good HC and staff, have a defined system, recruit for a specific system on both sides of the ball, can almost "plug and play with back ups" and can make adjustments. Superior coaching trumps superior players.

Comparing further, NU's average star ranking are actually ever so slightly higher than SEC darlings Ole Miss and Miss St. Coaching and QB play......Bo and Prescott....One player, at that position, can really make a difference. If only Carl Crawford had chosen NU over baseball.......

Recruiting rankings are an utter joke. Texas was top 5 for years and they have nothing to show for it. AA was a low 3 star recruit and look how that turned out. I put no stock into it

Here's a thought:

As the season began, Ohio State was replacing 4 starters on the O-line, a starting RB, and the two-time B1G Offensive Player of the Year at QB. They looked like crap on national TV against Va Tech. Two weeks later, Nebraska beat Miami, and beat them up, with AA running for over two bills, and dominating the line of scrimmage.

At that point, who did you think would have a better season? I thought for sure, it would be Nebraska.

Then playing pretty similar schedules, Ohio State improved each week, JT Barrett became a good QB, and Nebraska took steps backwards. Was it a talent gap or a coaching/development gap?

• Fire 1

It's both a talent gap and coaching gap. It's also a schematic fit gap. It's also that OSU's 3 deep is light years better than ours and so is their coach/assistants.

Also, Miami is an abortion, much like our early schedule and is not a good measuring stick.

Nor is OSU crapping the bed against the Hokeys in the rain; parity is the new reality; unless you're FSU trolling the ACC. You can't use either game as a measuring stick to establish a norm.

Across the board Nebraska's talent is as good as say Wisconsin but Nebraska lacks talent and depth at the most crucial spots. Nebraska's offensive line is terrible coaching a side the players just aren't that good, linebacker roach and Santos have no business being starting linebackers in the big10 and guys like bando,newby and love haven't provided much depth yet, also the defensive line has its issues, sure the starting four are good\great but there is no depth behind them especially on the edge and they have been wearing out by the 3rd quarter. Promising skill position guys, along with the back end of the defense but the lines need to be fixed before Nebraska can go toe to toe with OSU and MSU for the big10 title every year

I see some talented athletes on both sides of the ball. I do not see fundamentally sound football players that play well together as a football team. And it shows because they have taken on the emotional personality of the head coach when they play. You never know what you'll get.

But, by all means, hang a hat on our stellar performance against those MIGHTY Canes!

They are a 6-5 powerhouse.

Lol.

We beat them by more than FSU did
Do you even rivalry game

I was just messing around with that logic, OG, nothing more than that.
No worries bro. The last time I was on a forum was Huskerpedia around the Solich firing. The level of butt hurt was DEFCON 4. I'm just feeling my way around, without being a douchebag.