Does this prove we have the athletes to complete?

Most unbiased publications said the same thing over the summer, Nebraska had the talent to win the West, and probably had as much talent as anyone in the conference. It's a coaching issue, but it's across the board. The o-line is just so bad and undisciplined it's almost comical. It's become a bit of a game around my house watching to see when the next hold or false start will occur.

I personally don't think the talent is an issue at all. This is the most talent filled team in the Big Ten West. Other teams have done more with less talent than we have.

I want to agree with this, but look at the talent on our O-line, linebackers and our corners. We lack talent there.

Not sure if it's a lack of talent, more so than a lack of depth

I personally don't think the talent is an issue at all. This is the most talent filled team in the Big Ten West. Other teams have done more with less talent than we have.

I want to agree with this, but look at the talent on our O-line, linebackers and our corners. We lack talent there.

I think it's a greater problem of development and coaching. Those aren't the same as talent.

Some players don't have any special talent, but if you develop and coach them well, they can be serviceable, even good or great. At the same time, you can have plenty of talent, and, yet, if you don't coach it properly, it will never truly show except in flashes of brilliance.

• Fire 1

When your sig victory is Iowa. You have a talent issue.

I disagree. When you're 9-3, that means you're beating the teams you should (which is usually a case of talent outmatching inferior talent), but you're losing the games against equal or slightly better opponents, which is coaching.

^^^^ This pres.

When your sig victory is Iowa. You have a talent issue.

I disagree. When you're 9-3, that means you're beating the teams you should (which is usually a case of talent outmatching inferior talent), but you're losing the games against equal or slightly better opponents, which is coaching.

100% agree. NU's average ranking in recruiting is approx 25, Wisky 49 and Minnie 56. Both schools have good HC and staff, have a defined system, recruit for a specific system on both sides of the ball, can almost "plug and play with back ups" and can make adjustments. Superior coaching trumps superior players.

Comparing further, NU's average star ranking are actually ever so slightly higher than SEC darlings Ole Miss and Miss St. Coaching and QB play......Bo and Prescott....One player, at that position, can really make a difference. If only Carl Crawford had chosen NU over baseball.......