Hindsight is 20/20

kshusker89

Briles also has the hotbed of Texas to fill a roster. Sure I guess you are right pres I would love to be where Baylor is. Oh waiti am already. And I'm still a Husker fan.

This falls on our athletic department not doing a good enough job of broadcasting all that Lincoln has to offer. All we hear when recruits come go on trips up there is, "wow i was expecting cornfields" or "man, i didnt know nebraska was like this". If we are constantly getting that feedback from the recruits we are actually able to get vist, I would think that the athletic department would push harder to exploit this to recruits writing off Nebraska because of the flyover state impression. I would imagine that Lincoln has to be up in the rankings when it comes to size. I know that when we were in the Big XII, I think we were only behind Austin as far as population...not too sure about the B1G

I would put the blame on the coaches, not the AD. It is the coaches job to sell the school/town to these kids. The AD under Tom/SE have done a great job of improving the faclites and keeping NU at the forefront of college athletics.

Agreed that they have done a great job of improving the facilities, I guess I was just thinking more so as a overall exposure to the Nebraska tradition and exprience for all sports. I know they posted a video a couple months ago on huskers.com with freshman from different sports talking about how Lincoln is vs. their original expectations. Maybe build on that a bit more, have a stock letter or even that video on CD to send to prospective recruits.

Bo Pelini is going through a rougher hell than Tom Osborne did when he couldn't produce, keep in mind he took over after an all time legend. Pelini is being criticized because let's face it he's not exactly a seasoned vet when it comes to head coaching. Growing pains suck but hindsight is 20/20 and I hope 10 years from now he rises from this mediocrity and builds nebraska back to the program it once was. I know this is wishful thinking but optimism is key. After all you are all just disappointed because we feel we have the talent to be great, we show glimpses and then collapse however I'm sure osborne was getting the same criticisms as he went though growing pains. Instilling a culture is hard enough even osbornes culture took time coming off Devaney. Imagine trYing to rebuild a culture that was completely trampled and ruined by the Callihan era. All the negativity is only making these growing pains harder. What happened to family? I see what snyder is doing at k state and I really wish our fans would come back to the old school values. Give Bo a break!

You hope we have 10 more years of this slop before he rises. Heaven help us. TO handled his criticism with class, not F bomb tirades against the best fan base in sports.

Well considering it'd cost a cool 7 mill. I think we should give him atleast one more year or more. He's got alot of talent coming back. With some changes and removing the coaches name from the offensive line we could be pretty solid. I'm not happy with where we are but all one can do is accept it. I think Bo knows and yea it sucks the struggles we have been seeing but I think we have sone tough competitors. Ameer is standing up for the guy. Let's let this so called process play out

image.jpg

Bo Pelini is going through a rougher hell than Tom Osborne did when he couldn't produce, keep in mind he took over after an all time legend. Pelini is being criticized because let's face it he's not exactly a seasoned vet when it comes to head coaching. Growing pains suck but hindsight is 20/20 and I hope 10 years from now he rises from this mediocrity and builds nebraska back to the program it once was. I know this is wishful thinking but optimism is key. After all you are all just disappointed because we feel we have the talent to be great, we show glimpses and then collapse however I'm sure osborne was getting the same criticisms as he went though growing pains. Instilling a culture is hard enough even osbornes culture took time coming off Devaney. Imagine trYing to rebuild a culture that was completely trampled and ruined by the Callihan era. All the negativity is only making these growing pains harder. What happened to family? I see what snyder is doing at k state and I really wish our fans would come back to the old school values. Give Bo a break!

I hope he SE gives us all a break and fires that worthless POS Lets give him another yr and then you will say well he had bad luck and then another well i feel sorry for him and then another............................................................................. another

• Fire 1

You hope we have 10 more years of this slop before he rises. Heaven help us. TO handled his criticism with class, not F bomb tirades against the best fan base in sports.

We are not the best fans in sports. This board should prove that.

We are not the best fans in sports. This board should prove that.
This board might not prove that. But this does and we all know they can't put anything on Memorial Stadium if it isn't true.

image.jpg

Straight up troll garbage. Every single statement from OP is either irrationale, false, or both. There have been countless other threads disproving the notion that T.O and Bo's resume are similar at this point in their tenure. There are countless programs that have experienced immediate success or at least visible progress when they get the right coach and system in place, many of which have been listed.

Wtf has this program done under Bo in 7 years that signifies clear progress to you or indicates it's going to chane anytime soon. Your thread title is hindsight is 20/20 yet you continue to ignore clear facts and spin crap to back your support of Bo. you have not listed one logical reason why or how Bo deserves more time when there are ZERO indications Bo can or will actually change. The staff is a laughing stock given the resources provided, 7 recruiting cycles and still no group of players can win with "his system", he's a hot headed short fuse guy that people and non fans outside of the program view as a child and complete joke of a hc for a major program.

• Fire 1

And, trust me, I was a full Bo defender up until the Wisconsin game this year. It was that game that made me realize nothing will change.

I like Bo. I wish he was the answer. But he just isn't it seems.

To have a repeat dismal defensive performance against wisky after getting destroyed in the CCG is ridiculous. Did Bo even look at the game film? How can you let a single player rush for 408 yards in 3 quarters using the same plays as the previous game when you were also gashed? That is total incompetence, I was also hopeful this year because special teams improved; and not just DPE, the punt and kick return coverage also improved. I cannot support a coach the breaks Cosgroves futility records.

If they fire him it just shows the value of nebraska is changing. We want instant success instead of hard work sweat blood and tears

Instant success? Who else gets seven years to win anything of significance? Big time college football is a business. The fans are getting tired of getting destroyed on nationally televised games. There is a real possibility of losing the sellout streak, and I suspect merchandise sales are down. I know several people who gave away their Minnesota game tickets and didn't even bother to watch the Iowa game. A business decision will be made soon. I don't see Bo having more than one year left. NU cannot afford to support the rest of the athletic program without football revenue.

I understand the frustration don't get me wrong. But I don't know what you guys expeceted with an unproven first time hc. Growing pains suck

We expect a coach that is capable. If the excuse is that Bo is an unproven, first time hc, then I say he has proven that he is not capable, and he should no longer be a first time head coach. After all, if he will be better as a second time hc, aren't we doing him a favor by firing him? He will always be a first time head coach unless we fire him won't he?

If we keep him, as I suspect will happen, I don't think anyone here wants to see Bo lose. I would be downright ecstatic if, next season, he shut us all the hell up, and went 15-0 and lifted the national championship trophy. We all want him to succeed.

But, to say that this is the same as Osborne went through, look, Osborne had a couple shared conference titles by this point, and regularly finished in the top 10, and had some very, very impressive wins during those first 7 years.

The issue is not the wins of Bo. 9 wins, 10 wins, those are nice, yes. I give Bo credit for that. But the losses...they are atrocious, and we never get wins over really good teams. That is frustrating beyond all belief. I mean, even Osborne had some great wins over ranked teams in his first 7 years. Bo has like, 7, and none against really, truly good opposition. Best was an overrated #7 Missouri that was coming off an emotional win over Oklahoma.

Point #1 Well said, we all want NU to win. I would be one of the first on here to say that I was wrong if he did finally accomplish something at NU. But I don't think he will and has had more than enough time to prove that he isn't the man for the job.

Points #2 and #3 are spot on. The only thing that kept Tom from having a run like he did in the 90's earler was another all time great in Barry Switzer and OU. But while trying to slay that dragon, he was still beating top competion. Bo can't get past Minnesota, struggles against a bad Iowa team and gets blown out by every team that has a heartbeat.

Every team? Do you want to change that to Wisky?

Sir we are the bane of the SEC - give us a SEC team again this year for a bowl, let us show who is really over ranked.

If we keep him, as I suspect will happen, I don't think anyone here wants to see Bo lose. I would be downright ecstatic if, next season, he shut us all the hell up, and went 15-0 and lifted the national championship trophy. We all want him to succeed.

But, to say that this is the same as Osborne went through, look, Osborne had a couple shared conference titles by this point, and regularly finished in the top 10, and had some very, very impressive wins during those first 7 years.

The issue is not the wins of Bo. 9 wins, 10 wins, those are nice, yes. I give Bo credit for that. But the losses...they are atrocious, and we never get wins over really good teams. That is frustrating beyond all belief. I mean, even Osborne had some great wins over ranked teams in his first 7 years. Bo has like, 7, and none against really, truly good opposition. Best was an overrated #7 Missouri that was coming off an emotional win over Oklahoma.

Point #1 Well said, we all want NU to win. I would be one of the first on here to say that I was wrong if he did finally accomplish something at NU. But I don't think he will and has had more than enough time to prove that he isn't the man for the job.

Points #2 and #3 are spot on. The only thing that kept Tom from having a run like he did in the 90's earler was another all time great in Barry Switzer and OU. But while trying to slay that dragon, he was still beating top competion. Bo can't get past Minnesota, struggles against a bad Iowa team and gets blown out by every team that has a heartbeat.

Sir we are the bane of the SEC - give us a SEC team again this year for a bowl, let us show who is really over ranked.

You have to be high as a kite to consider us the "bane" of the SEC. We've gone 1-2 in the last 3 games we played against them. Not too earthshattering of a record. God, "the bane of the SEC". Thanks for providing some comedy this morning.

You have to be high as a kite to consider us the "bane" of the SEC. We've gone 1-2 in the last 3 games we played against them. Not too earthshattering of a record. God, "the bane of the SEC". Thanks for providing some comedy this morning.

As in the only big ten team to win last year - yes. As in to not get blown out and be the laughing stock they predicted yes. As in every other Big ten Team was; yes. Other Big Ten teams acted like the second rate conf ESPN keeps telling us we are. We gave good games every year win or lose.

As in the only big ten team to win last year - yes. As in to not get blown out and be the laughing stock they predicted yes. As in every other Big ten Team was; yes. Other Big Ten teams acted like the second rate conf ESPN keeps telling us we are. We gave good games every year win or lose.

I get what you're trying to say man, I really do. But our 5 point win over a Georgia team that had all but packed it in for the season doesn't prove much. There were other good match ups between the conferences too, Wisconsin played South Carolina close and Iowa lost only by 7...not really blow outs. Listen I'm as tired as the next guy when it comes to the SEC dominance and circle jerk. There's a pretty easy solution to that, win bowl games. However, just because we won last year doesn't mean we're the "Bane" of the SEC. I could tell you this, I would be fearful of what an Alabama, Miss St, or even Auburn would do to us. And that comment right there should be enough for people to wake up and see that things aren't great in Lincoln. Not like it really matters since we're consistently man handled by Wisconsin and Ohio States of the B1G so we will only have to every worry about playing middle of the pack SEC or PAC12 schools in our bowl games.