Brady Hoke fired... Which is the better job?

Michigan hands down. Not a doubt in my mind it is more appealing.

1) Nebraska just fired a coach that many coaches feel shouldnt have been.

Source?

Opinion.

I'm sure no coach likes the precedent of firing coaches who win 9 games for 7 consecutive seasons, and that's what they'll say when the micophone is on.

When the micophone is off, I'm betting the coaches can't believe how easy it was to out-coach Bo Pelini. At least in those nationally broadcast games that everyone was watching.

No sources. Just an opinion. Based on reading between the lines.

• Fire 2

Either one could be better. That's the great thing about college football and great coaching. With Tom Osborne at Nebraska, Nebraska is the better job. With Pelini at Nebraska and Hoke at Michigan, they're about equally mediocre. Look at Nick Saban at Alabama. What a craphole place that would be without great coaching!

Whoever ends up with the better coach will be retroactively determined to be the "better" situation. A great coach can win anywhere.

Good point.

Its funny, I lived in Alabama in 2005 before Saban got there and the program was an absolute dumpster fire. Same talk. No one would want to come here, has been program, etc. Guess what? Tuscaloosa is the same shithole it was ten years ago and everyone wants to be there. Winning changes everything. Putting guys in the NFL changes everything.

Exactly!

What's so great about Oklahoma, or Mississippi, or Waco, or Eugene? Without the current staffs at those schools, not much.

From a job security standpoint? Michigan. As long as you don't play obviously concussed players, and make any bowl game you get to keep your job.

Talent standpoint? Michigan. (their classes seem to always outrank us)

B1G relevance? Michigan (even with a stupid record, you always have "The Game" that gets hyped)

Fan support? Michigan

Unless your name is Rich Rodriguez, then Nebraska. Cause Michigan hates you for some irrational reason (this last part is mostly sarcastic).

Job security and Michigan? Really? Lloyd Carr was forced to resign from Michigan, and he won a NC there. What Nebraska coach that won a NC while being here has ever been forced to resign? Didn't Rich Rod only get three years there? Who have we fired after only three years?

Source?

I think you're misunderstanding-- what that meant was "Nebraska just fired a coach that many coaches feel shouldn't have been a coach."

• Fire 1

Source?

I think you're misunderstanding-- what that meant was "Nebraska just fired a coach that many coaches feel shouldn't have been... a coach."

Ahh... now it makes sense.

Carry on.

I'd say both are top 20 jobs in college football. Each program has an embarrassment of riches; great facilities, rabid fan base, and the means to pay any coach what he deserves. Both are great academic institutions as well.

If someone forced me to pick one over the other, I'd choose Michigan. I feel it is just a half step above Nebraska. The location/market size certainly helps. In terms of history, I'll give Michigan the slight edge as well.

Both would be a dream job for anyone.

I'd say both are top 20 jobs in college football. Each program has an embarrassment of riches; great facilities, rabid fan base, and the means to pay any coach what he deserves. Both are great academic institutions as well.

If someone forced me to pick one over the other, I'd choose Michigan. I feel it is just a half step above Nebraska. The location/market size certainly helps. In terms of history, I'll give Michigan the slight edge as well.

Both would be a dream job for anyone.

more snow and cold than Nebraska.........way more.