Choose a Side, Huskerboard

Choose your Side  

273 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This was a sideways move for Nebraska but more importantly it was a lost opportunity. There was no one at the presser from ESPN or Sports Illustrated. In other words we are nationally irrelevant. This hire does nothing to improve that. Nebraska should expect better. We had a chance to really get it going again. Not now. 5 more wasted years. There, I drew a side.

This was a sideways move for Nebraska but more importantly it was a lost opportunity. There was no one at the presser from ESPN or Sports Illustrated. In other words we are nationally irrelevant. This hire does nothing to improve that. Nebraska should expect better. We had a chance to really get it going again. Not now. 5 more wasted years. There, I drew a side.

Rated the 14th top coach in country by his peers, who know more than you or I about coaching across the spectrum of college football, done more with less (and that is waaaay less) than just about any program in the country playing against power 5 competition(PAC12 considered by many the number 2 conference in the land), turned down HC offers from USC and Alabama and then takes an offer from Nebraska U. Has been all over ESPN programming concerning what's going on in big time college football. Not relevant. Ok. Right time, right job, right man for a very relevant college football program imo and that's all anybodies comments here are, opinions.

I worry about the type of offense he may want to run, but I think he may adapt to his players

Major concern. All I've heard is that Beck threw too much and that in Lincoln we need a coach that utilizes the power running game, yet we hire a guy that has a history of throwing the ball all over the place and many seem to be ok with it.

I don't get it.

If you had looked at OSU's stats you may have gotten it 74H. Take a look:

Passing Statistics

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

290 472 3305 61.4 7.00 15 8 127.4

Rushing Statistics

CAR YDS AVG LONG TD

376 1417 3.8 78 19

If your QB's are completing 61.4% of their passes with 7 yds per attempt and 11.4 yds per completion. And your backs are only generating 3.8 yds per carry you'd probably throw the ball too. Riles team threw 55% of the time this year not an even split but it makes sense to me. He's also going to have a lot better talent at running here than he did in Oregon.

Voted Yea and am very happy. GBR!

T_O_B

I worry about the type of offense he may want to run, but I think he may adapt to his players

Major concern. All I've heard is that Beck threw too much and that in Lincoln we need a coach that utilizes the power running game, yet we hire a guy that has a history of throwing the ball all over the place and many seem to be ok with it.

I don't get it.

If you had looked at OSU's stats you may have gotten it 74H. Take a look:

Passing Statistics

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

290 472 3305 61.4 7.00 15 8 127.4

Rushing Statistics

CAR YDS AVG LONG TD

376 1417 3.8 78 19

If your QB's are completing 61.4% of their passes with 7 yds per attempt and 11.4 yds per completion. And your backs are only generating 3.8 yds per carry you'd probably throw the ball too. Riles team threw 55% of the time this year not an even split but it makes sense to me. He's also going to have a lot better talent at running here than he did in Oregon.

Voted Yea and am very happy. GBR!

T_O_B