Choose a Side, Huskerboard

Choose your Side  

273 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to say I am underwhelmed by this appointment. His age concerns me, unless he brings in a much younger cadre of coaches and he is going to be the coach and not a coordinator as well. His track record does not scream success or give confidence that he can improve 9 wins, 2 close losses and one blowout loss into a BIG 10 title.

The important thing is what the pundits on the SECESPN network have to say. If Lee Corso and Lou Holtz give him a big thumbs up, we are well and truly screwed.

There doesn't have to be a pro-Riley or anti-Riley divide.

He's going to have the N on his shirt/hat/socks/thong/etc now and that's all that matters.

If he fills out a good staff, recruits well, wins games, etc. I'll be happy.

If he sucks, then we fire him when the time comes.

No need for us as fans to be against one another.

I +1'd this

But I'm not sure "some" on the board will be able to operate that way. What we've become accustomed to over the past few years may take some time to wear off. Some are digging their heals in before even giving the guy a chance and it's flippin ridiculous. Of course, at this point in time, I would've been happy with JoJo the dog face boy as coach as long as Bo, Beck, and Paps went away.

Sad to see Bo go, but it was time as the mood doesnt seem right at DONU. At first I was underwhelmed with the Riley announcement, but the more I read up on him, the better it sounds. That being said, I don't like that we were interested in BB and he turned us down (if that is indeed true). Time to support the new coach and staff and hopefully get this thing turned around!

There doesn't have to be a pro-Riley or anti-Riley divide.

He's going to have the N on his shirt/hat/socks/thong/etc now and that's all that matters.

If he fills out a good staff, recruits well, wins games, etc. I'll be happy.

If he sucks, then we fire him when the time comes.

No need for us as fans to be against one another.

:wasted

I know how some Nebraska fans hate the national media and think all these guys who've spent their lives in college football don't know anything, but the response from people inside the college football community -- who know how the pieces actually fit together -- has been uniformly positive.

That means the same people who you think love dissing Nebraska, given the platform to mock a weak hire and irrational Husker expectations, agree this was a bold move and the right man.

Then again, if everything you need to know is in the win/loss column, I'm sure Bo Pelini will be plucked up by a major conference program any day now.

He is a QB coach something we didn't have

He coaches discipline on the field should lower the penalities

Turnover ratio is better then BO's

He beats ranked teams

Those improvements should get us to the CCG

I hope this turns out good for the husker nation and I can't wait to see who is on the new staff

People who wanted Johnny Stanton to start instead of Tommy Armstrong should be happy.

Yeah this is a pretty exciting possibility. I guess he recruited him pretty hard and all the PAC 12 guys say he is a stellar evaluator of talent, hard to see the downside of a Stanton/Riley combination