Choose a Side, Huskerboard

Choose your Side  

273 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People who wanted Johnny Stanton to start instead of Tommy Armstrong should be happy.

Yeah this is a pretty exciting possibility. I guess he recruited him pretty hard and all the PAC 12 guys say he is a stellar evaluator of talent, hard to see the downside of a Stanton/Riley combination

Agreed. And apparently, they shared mutual admiration. BTN reported that Stanton once mentioned that Riley was one of his favorites during the recruiting process.

I am for the coach. No questions at all.

But for some on this board, have you ever ran a multi million dollar business, managed well over 1000 people?

Have you ever coached a game at the level of Nebraska?

Most were on the our last coach will have us winning the big 12, the MNC, then the Big 10 with ease. He never did, so maybe, just maybe your not quite as knowledgeable, as you think you are.

Damned near every talking head thinks this a fantastic hire, coaching legends think he is one of the best coaches out there. This looks more like a Tom Osborne hire to me. Grounded, level headed, does more with less than anyone in the country supposedly.

He has beaten, since Bo has been here, the #1 team #3 team and #11 team, with 2 star level athletes, and kids not recruited by anyone.

He knows how to motivate, knock down barriers, which this program needs more than anything currently.

Please give the man a chance. Be the fan you all claim to be.

We have a new coach, a man that is going to give us everything he has. Lets respect that, hope and pray for the best for the man and the program.

Time to come together to support our New Coach.

• Fire 2

Good on you, president.

FYI, for everybody who seemed irritated by the creation of a new division between Pro- or Anti-Riley, that's not what this poll was supposed to be. I should've made it more clear. This was just supposed to be an immediate reaction to the hire kind of informational poll. I worded it really, really terribly-- was in a hurry out the door. Obviously choosing sides and quarreling at this point is somewhat idiotic.

I'm excited to be back to a point where we can all just support OUR team again instead of arguing over what needs to happen for its well-being.

Regardless of my incompetency, it seems like most warmed up to the hire eventually. I will admit, I was SUPER underwhelmed when they announced Riley on the radio. I almost thought it was a joke.

But the more I've read about this guy, the more I feel he's everything Pelini wasn't and could really be a diamond in the rough for us.

• Fire 1

That's what presidents do, lead!!!

We need unity in this fan base.

No, Coach Riley is not the bright new shinny toy everyone wanted. But it seems to be the gift we need, and we all need to work towards thinking that.

He has got to be like a kid in a candy store. Nebraska is pretty special, and the talent he has in front of him now is beyond his wildest dreams. He has never had this level of talent at all positions. Imagine if he can beat Pete Carrol, with 2 star athletes and few better ones thrown in, what will he be able to do with Nebraska's talent? Sky is the limit I think.

Truly excited about this hire the longer I look at it. I live in SoCal and I hear about him all the time, how you have to be ready to play his team. No matter who you are.

I think he will bring in a good staff. Excited to hear his presser.

That's what presidents do, lead!!!We need unity in this fan base.No, Coach Riley is not the bright new shinny toy everyone wanted. But it seems to be the gift we need, and we all need to work towards thinking that.He has got to be like a kid in a candy store. Nebraska is pretty special, and the talent he has in front of him now is beyond his wildest dreams. He has never had this level of talent at all positions. Imagine if he can beat Pete Carrol, with 2 star athletes and few better ones thrown in, what will he be able to do with Nebraska's talent? Sky is the limit I think.Truly excited about this hire the longer I look at it. I live in SoCal and I hear about him all the time, how you have to be ready to play his team. No matter who you are.I think he will bring in a good staff. Excited to hear his presser.

Right on Skers! Feels good to say GBR and have some confidence again!

One good thing about this is Bo sure left the cupboard more full OVERALL than Cally (sans Suh).

After the initial shock and awe (in the wrong way), I am getting very comfortable with the hire. As I find out more about the guy, I think we might have found a diamond in the haystack. Mix his development and teaching skills & personality (perhaps Tom 2.0) wt NU resources, we may have a real winner here.

I think a lot of the same people that are livid over this hire are the ones that thought Tressel with an OC of Scott Frost and DC of Will Muschamp was a foregone conclusion.

I had the same WTF moment that everyone else did when the hire was announced, but I've warmed to it. The guy is very well respected across the board, it sounds like the AD is going to shell out some serious dough for assistants ...and early returns on recruiting seem to indicate we won't have much attrition. So what really happened here?

1). Wanted an attitude change with our head coach. Check.

2). Wanted all of Bo's coordinators fired. Check.

3). Wanted to keep the recruiting class intact. Looks to be a check here so far.

Whether we kept Bo or not...everyone I see wanted these things to happen, and now they have. I for one want to see what this guy can do. What is everyone worried about? That we might get our $hit pushed in by good teams? We might not win a conference title? Keeping pelini here was a much firmer guarantee that both those realities would continue.