SIGNED - LB Tyrin Ferguson

ScottyIce

Welcome aboard, Tyrin! I'm told this is an awesome Louisiana pipeline we have going on. Great to see another join the ranks!

This was interesting though -- man does the world of coaching changes bring a lot of turmoil.

"I'm not going to de-commit. While he was there for the past few years, not to say anything bad, but the program was going bad," Ferguson said. "Mike Riley didn't find me. Coach Bray found me. The program saw something in me."

Long as my bro JP (James Pensyl) lol good we good #CargoShip

— Tyrin Ferguson (@tferg__) December 4, 2014

I hope for Oregon State's sake they find someone with equal class to fill Riley's shoes and maybe they can hold much of their remaining current class intact. They gave us Coach Riley after all, and it's hard not to feel a certain kinsmanship.

Not too sorry to land a good recruit, though!

There were exactly 10 LBs faster than 4.7 at the combine last year. But don't let reality get in the way.

Funny thing is I bet 100s guys say they ran sub 4.7s who are LB in HS

There are many on this board who think they can run a 4.7 now and probably run closer to a 5.5 with a tail wind on a good day. :)

Finally had the chance to watch his film. It was all at DE so hard to gauge the next level, but here's what I saw:

Pros: great first step, good leverage for his size, athletic/long/lean.

Con: Seemed to shoot inside the OT on a lot of the runs, that can hurt you at the next level.

Film was actually pretty impressive, more so then I thought it would be. Welcome Tyrin!

Pretty much every time he shot inside the OT he had help or a blitz coming from the outside. He wasn't shooting inside just b/c he wanted to, he did it b/c that was what he supposed to do.

He definitely looked quick in his highlights. Impressed with his football speed. The 40, especially with H.S. kids doesn't tell much imo. So much difference between who timed it, how it was timed, did he just run it to run it, was he coached in how to run it, etc

• Fire 1

Finally had the chance to watch his film. It was all at DE so hard to gauge the next level, but here's what I saw:

Pros: great first step, good leverage for his size, athletic/long/lean.

Con: Seemed to shoot inside the OT on a lot of the runs, that can hurt you at the next level.

Film was actually pretty impressive, more so then I thought it would be. Welcome Tyrin!

Pretty much every time he shot inside the OT he had help or a blitz coming from the outside. He wasn't shooting inside just b/c he wanted to, he did it b/c that was what he supposed to do.

He definitely looked quick in his highlights. Impressed with his football speed. The 40, especially with H.S. kids doesn't tell much imo. So much difference between who timed it, how it was timed, did he just run it to run it, was he coached in how to run it, etc

Ya it appeared he was usually doing within the system of the defense, however we must remember this is the highlight tape. How many times did he do that and it created a hole for the RB?

Here is a nice write up about Ferguson's commitment. He said he is commiting to Coaches Riley and Bray (not the schools), so it was easy to flip to Nebraska. Also, Ferguson grew up with and knows the Edna Carr Trio from last year, had some good things to say about J Walton (hope JW comes in January).

He will be visiting Nebraska in January and playing in the Offense-Defense All-American Game.

@Rivals: 3-star LB Tyrin Ferguson details his decision to flip from #ORST to #Nebraska: http://t.co/YWpl7B7LLK