Interview with Oregon St Play by Play guy...

NW. Maybe Illinois.

Then what happens if we make the CCG, get boat raced?

Likely nothing the first couple of times it happens. If after 7 years it becomes a pattern, then I'm guessing we go find a new coach. What do you think?

After year two, the seat gets hot. Really, really hot.

assuming i read that correctly, at least you're of the belief that we'll be making the CCG the first 2 years. you're starting to come around to this hire...even you can't be negative 100% of the time without a positive slip-up every now and then.

What I'm saying is in the next 2 years anything less than 11 wins per year, a B1G championship, and a spot in the playoffs should call for a coaching, AD, and chancellor change.

First of all I doubt/but would hope that your 11 wins per year and a BIG 10 championship would be great but doubtful MR's first two years/never know. But, with all the politics, I definitely do not see MR, SE, & HP with walking papers. That would be a miracle! I am not saying I want MR gone but with your scenario that would blow my mind. chuckleshuffle

Banker is a terrible hire. No question about it.

Prediction: Riley and his staff get us 6-7 wins next season.

...and that should be completely unacceptable If that happens. 9 wins (or more) next year. NO EXCUSES.
It is just as likely for Bo to get us 7 wins next season. Losses: BYU with their freak QB back, Miami, Mich St, Wisconsin, Minny, NW or Iowa.

Do I expect it to happen? No I sure don't but it isn't impossible without Gregory or Ameer on our roster

I don't think the BYU QB is a "freak" anymore....he broke his leg and probably won't be in the game next year

If that happens then a win against BYU becomes much more likely.

Rehab is 6 months which started a month ago. Taysom Hill has said he expects to be fully healthy and ready to go full speed when fall practices start. He's also had a previous injury before which has helped him a lot mentally while rehabbing this current one. He also denied reports of ligaments shattered, and confirmed his leg was broken. He'll be ready to go. Will be a big test for Huskers, new coach or former.

yes most players are full of hope, so were most people who voted for Obama- I saw the play that injured him, if they figure out how to transplant a bionic leg then I'll concede that you might be right on calling him a "freak" I guess we'll both have to wait to see who was right on this one.

As a fan I want to see us win all our games. As a prediction, I think we can win at least 8 or 9 games. As a realist, I don't see us winning more than 6 games. Will I be upset if we win only 6? Maybe a little, but I will cut him slack for his first year.

Will I expect us to win at least 9 in year 2? Definitely. Will I expect us to trend up every year and past 9? Absolutely. At the end of year 4, I would expect us to have already been in a CCG or won one. Maybe I am in the minority here?

Speculating on what his record will be in 5yrs from now?... :wacko: He's 61 now guys. My prediction would be that DONU is gonna age him in dog years. Corvallis was hardly a pressure cooker of stress and excitement. 5yrs from now he'll be 66-67 and feeling 75-78. TO bailed at 60 didn't he? I just don't see him pulling Paterno-like longevity here. Unless he's got a patch of Humboldt's finest growing in his basement we could see him developing a twitch or wandering O street with no pants on.

Speculating on what his record will be in 5yrs from now?... :wacko: He's 61 now guys. My prediction would be that DONU is gonna age him in dog years. Corvallis was hardly a pressure cooker of stress and excitement. 5yrs from now he'll be 66-67 and feeling 75-78. TO bailed at 60 didn't he? I just don't see him pulling Paterno-like longevity here. Unless he's got a patch of Humboldt's finest growing in his basement we could see him developing a twitch or wandering O street with no pants on.

Good point, look how bad Bo aged here during his 7 years. Rilly is gonna look like this in 5 years if he hangs around.

old-man-film-hed-2013.jpg

As a fan I want to see us win all our games. As a prediction, I think we can win at least 8 or 9 games. As a realist, I don't see us winning more than 6 games. Will I be upset if we win only 6? Maybe a little, but I will cut him slack for his first year.

Will I expect us to win at least 9 in year 2? Definitely. Will I expect us to trend up every year and past 9? Absolutely. At the end of year 4, I would expect us to have already been in a CCG or won one. Maybe I am in the minority here?

nope, spot on. if this is such a great hire, those are reasonable expectations.

Banker is a terrible hire. No question about it.

Prediction: Riley and his staff get us 6-7 wins next season.

...and that should be completely unacceptable If that happens. 9 wins (or more) next year. NO EXCUSES.

It is just as likely for Bo to get us 7 wins next season. Losses: BYU with their freak QB back, Miami, Mich St, Wisconsin, Minny, NW or Iowa.

Do I expect it to happen? No I sure don't but it isn't impossible without Gregory or Ameer on our roster

I don't think the BYU QB is a "freak" anymore....he broke his leg and probably won't be in the game next year

If that happens then a win against BYU becomes much more likely.

Rehab is 6 months which started a month ago. Taysom Hill has said he expects to be fully healthy and ready to go full speed when fall practices start. He's also had a previous injury before which has helped him a lot mentally while rehabbing this current one. He also denied reports of ligaments shattered, and confirmed his leg was broken. He'll be ready to go. Will be a big test for Huskers, new coach or former.

yes most players are full of hope, so were most people who voted for Obama- I saw the play that injured him, if they figure out how to transplant a bionic leg then I'll concede that you might be right on calling him a "freak" I guess we'll both have to wait to see who was right on this one.

Can we keep the scorching hot Husker takes separate from the sizzling Obama takes? Thanks, from all of us.

• Fire 1