Interview with Oregon St Play by Play guy...

Sorry, might've accidentally tagged a few staff-related posts amidst the other 50 irrelevant ones.Thanks for the update. Not too worried about what theirs, or our, or anyone's radio guy thinks. They have to cater to their fanbase, too, and may be fans themselves. I'm sure Oregon State fans are thinking exactly what our fans would be in this scenario: "It's not that bad, we'll be fine."To the point about their DC, which has been repeated, I wonder if that's not tied to who is running the spread out there in the Pac. That's Chip Kelly & disciples, and lately, Rich Rod...among maybe others?

Not sure what you mean Z but Who is irrelevant. If this program is going to be where we want it they have to be able to stop a spread offense run by anyone, not just the Beck's of the world. If there was one member of that OSU staff I would not want its Banker

"upgrade" is a funny word...if I have a car with 300,000 miles on it and trade it in for one with 250,000 miles...its an upgrade...

I am looking for the best money can get...which could be his assistants, I don't know yet. I hope they are rock stars

It's an upgrade if the new car doesn't give up the world record for rushing yards in a single game, and half your punt returns don't end in turnovers

Banker is a terrible hire. No question about it.

Prediction: Riley and his staff get us 6-7 wins next season.

...and that should be completely unacceptable If that happens. 9 wins (or more) next year. NO EXCUSES.

It is just as likely for Bo to get us 7 wins next season. Losses: BYU with their freak QB back, Miami, Mich St, Wisconsin, Minny, NW or Iowa.

Do I expect it to happen? No I sure don't but it isn't impossible without Gregory or Ameer on our roster

Then why not fire Bo next year?

Nebraska didn't exactly go out and get the best coach with Riley. By far imo. What's Nebraska even striving for anymore? No blowout losses? We wants wins and Riley better produce else it's next man up in 3 years.

So you know you have an employee who can't get it done at work right? Do you let him continue to do subpar work or take a flier on a guy you think (SE) is much better at the job? Easy answer from a business perspective which is what SE views this as
Actually, you don't take a flier. You do everything you can to make sure you get the best candidate for the job.

#Movinggoalposts

#Loweredexpecyations

Where have expectations been lowered? I expect championships. However you can't give a guy 3 years to do it when you gave the previous guy 7. Not to mention the difference in personality types. In coaching a guy deserves 5 years IMO

What I'm saying is in the next 2 years anything less than 11 wins per year, a B1G championship, and a spot in the playoffs should call for a coaching, AD, and chancellor change.

so you were ok with Bo's 9 wins, but anything less than 11 and a championship is reason for termination? you f'in up every thread with nonsense is starting to get old - please at least tell me you're trolling and not serious with most of this

9~10 wins wasn't good enough for Bo. Are we changing the standards now?

Bo had to rebuild this program as a first time head coach. The new guy doesn't have to rebuild, he has to change some things and has about 15years head coaching experience.

The schedule is even more beneficial next year than it was this. the talent is there. If this guy is really as elite as Shawn makes him out to be, then no, I'm not kidding. 11 wins should be his basement.

Bo wasn't fired because he only won 9 games, he was fired because he was a divisive a-hole whose teams weren't competitive against most teams with a pulse.

• Fire 7

"upgrade" is a funny word...if I have a car with 300,000 miles on it and trade it in for one with 250,000 miles...its an upgrade...

I am looking for the best money can get...which could be his assistants, I don't know yet. I hope they are rock stars

It's an upgrade if the new car doesn't give up the world record for rushing yards in a single game, and half your punt returns don't end in turnovers

Man you guys got to let that go. The man was on fire, 1 man. Your blaming bo, not saying he wasnt the man in charge but jesus what about the guys on the field. Didnt they have some part in that.

Man you guys got to let that go. The man was on fire, 1 man. Your blaming bo, not saying he wasnt the man in charge but jesus what about the guys on the field. Didnt they have some part in that.

I'm not particularly partial to that record for futility. In fact you're right: good on M. Gordon. But let's face it, there are a bunch of other records like that I could have used as an example- that was just the most recent.

In fairness to Pelini, the punt returns did dramatically improve this year and I credit him for that. Too bad he didn't surround himself with enough competent assistants so that more than an area or two could be functional each year.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=323360275

Two completely different starting defenses...basically same result

image.png

• Fire 1

This is beating a dead horse but I will say this one more time.

I have supported Bo in many arguments over the last 5 years. That game was the last straw. Here is why. That team was playing lights out for the first quarter. A couple bad things happened on the field..what happened? Someone melted down on the side lines. Who was that....a player.....an assistant coach....the water boy?????? No, it was the head coach. It was the one man who is supposed to be the calming force in the entire group and the leader.

Yes, you can try to blame the players on the field. However, their "leader" was totally mentally absent in that game and the results showed on the field.

I know these players love that man. However, I believe 10-20 years from now, they will look back and realize he was not there for them as a leader when they needed him.

Now, can we please move on and get excited about the future?

In fairness to Pelini, the punt returns did dramatically improve this year and I credit him for that. Too bad he didn't surround himself with enough competent assistants so that more than an area or two could be functional each year.

That was/is the problem with him. I feel like he's a great position coach or even coordinator, but he can't manage other coaches. We saw multiple times in his 7 years where as soon as he went in and micromanaged one aspect of the game, that aspect of the game improved. It's clear he can coach.

This is beating a dead horse but I will say this one more time.

I have supported Bo in many arguments over the last 5 years. That game was the last straw. Here is why. That team was playing lights out for the first quarter. A couple bad things happened on the field..what happened? Someone melted down on the side lines. Who was that....a player.....an assistant coach....the water boy?????? No, it was the head coach. It was the one man who is supposed to be the calming force in the entire group and the leader.

Yes, you can try to blame the players on the field. However, their "leader" was totally mentally absent in that game and the results showed on the field.

I know these players love that man. However, I believe 10-20 years from now, they will look back and realize he was not there for them as a leader when they needed him.

Now, can we please move on and get excited about the future

Whats your point exactly.

If he starts off 2-2...the fan base will freak...if he loses the opener at home...freak.

You guys are insane if you don't think there will be major freaking with each loss and that if for some reason they lose 5-6 games that it won't be a total freak out. Come on.

Freak out!

If he starts off 2-2...the fan base will freak...if he loses the opener at home...freak.

You guys are insane if you don't think there will be major freaking with each loss and that if for some reason they lose 5-6 games that it won't be a total freak out. Come on.

Some are already "freaking" and the staff hasn't even been announced yet. :rolleyes:

But....Riley's such a really nice guy...REAL fans wouldn't do that to him :laughpound