Interview with Oregon St Play by Play guy...

Since my update was moved out of the staff hire thread, I'll try to see is it will stick here.

The radio guy said that the WR & LB coaches are solid.

Said the ST guy sucks and is a bad recruiter. (Total waste off staff space, imo) .

Said the DC isn't very good. Can stop staight ahead running teams but sucks against spread teams (the anti Bo).

Said the OL coach hasn't done well, but hasn't had much to work with, which led him to the assumption that he is a bad recruiter, too.

So that is perfect with our division. Who runs a spread in the Big Ten West? Purdue?
NW. Maybe Illinois.

Then what happens if we make the CCG, get boat raced?

Banker is a terrible hire. No question about it.

Prediction: Riley and his staff get us 6-7 wins next season.

...and that should be completely unacceptable If that happens. 9 wins (or more) next year. NO EXCUSES.

It is just as likely for Bo to get us 7 wins next season. Losses: BYU with their freak QB back, Miami, Mich St, Wisconsin, Minny, NW or Iowa.

Do I expect it to happen? No I sure don't but it isn't impossible without Gregory or Ameer on our roster

Since my update was moved out of the staff hire thread, I'll try to see is it will stick here.

The radio guy said that the WR & LB coaches are solid.

Said the ST guy sucks and is a bad recruiter. (Total waste off staff space, imo) .

Said the DC isn't very good. Can stop staight ahead running teams but sucks against spread teams (the anti Bo).

Said the OL coach hasn't done well, but hasn't had much to work with, which led him to the assumption that he is a bad recruiter, too.

So that is perfect with our division. Who runs a spread in the Big Ten West? Purdue?
NW. Maybe Illinois.

In that case, if we make it to the CCG then you should be happy & proud of that. Plus it means 9 or more wins buddy :thumbs

See, it's all good no matter how bad you want it to not work before the season starts. ;)

(That's the heavy impression I get)

• Fire 3

NW. Maybe Illinois.

Likely nothing the first couple of times it happens. If after 7 years it becomes a pattern, then I'm guessing we go find a new coach. What do you think?

After year two, the seat gets hot. Really, really hot.

assuming i read that correctly, at least you're of the belief that we'll be making the CCG the first 2 years. you're starting to come around to this hire...even you can't be negative 100% of the time without a positive slip-up every now and then.

NW. Maybe Illinois.

Likely nothing the first couple of times it happens. If after 7 years it becomes a pattern, then I'm guessing we go find a new coach. What do you think?

assuming i read that correctly, at least you're of the belief that we'll be making the CCG the first 2 years. you're starting to come around to this hire...even you can't be negative 100% of the time without a positive slip-up every now and then.

What I'm saying is in the next 2 years anything less than 11 wins per year, a B1G championship, and a spot in the playoffs should call for a coaching, AD, and chancellor change.

NW. Maybe Illinois.

What I'm saying is in the next 2 years anything less than 11 wins per year, a B1G championship, and a spot in the playoffs should call for a coaching, AD, and chancellor change.

Won't happen. At least from the tenor that Eich provided to me announcing Bo's firing he would be content with similar win/loss results with a more professional demeanor on the side lines and in media appearances. Riley could have 7 wins next year and 8 the next and not get fired.

so you were ok with Bo's 9 wins, but anything less than 11 and a championship is reason for termination? you f'in up every thread with nonsense is starting to get old - please at least tell me you're trolling and not serious with most of this

• Fire 5