Public Service Announcement

BRB sorry to hear what happened. But glad to hear your son is ok.

I wonder if this is the same State Trooper that tried to give my brother a ticket for txting and driving on a parked bike. Yes you read that correctly. We were going to the race track that afternoon. I was in my truck and brother and his gf took his motorcycle. Before leaving Lincoln she needed to go to the bank so we stopped. He was sitting on his motorcycle helmet off, key in his pocket and phone in his hand. I'm standing next to him. The trooper pulls up behind us, gets out of his car and asks him. Do you know why I pulled you over. I looked at the officer with a da fuq look. My brother asked him to repeat what he said. So the trooper asked him again do you know why I pulled you over. We started laughing. My brother asked, ummmmm when did you pull us over exactly. He responded I pulled you over for txting and driving. I instantly called the local police to report the incident. As I'm on the phone the trooper gave him a warning and left.

WOW, what a tool bag for pulling that crap.............

Ok. It's about midnight and I'm still wide awake and I remembered this thread.

I wanted to update things.

My son left home today at around 9:00am for basketball practice and I didn't think anything about it. Typical day...right?

At 12:30 I get a call on my cell phone from him. All I hear is...."dad I need help. I'm on the gravel road". I can tell he is in severe pain.

The phone call nobody wants to get.

He was driving down the road. Lost control on the gravel...

When we found him finally... He was sitting beside his car covered in blood.

According to the police, his car had rolled at least 4-5 times. We don't know when exactly he was ejected from the car. He thinks he landed around 15-20 yards away from the car.

5 hours later he is out of the ER and in a hospital bed lucky to be alive.

This is my son.

I'm standing in the emergency room with the doc stitching up my son and we are starting to realize he is going to be ok.

A deputy is there that I've known before. I simply ask him if he knows this state patrolman that pulled me over a couple weeks ago. I tell him the story and he is shocked.

He took the patrolman name down and I told him I want him to tell him about this accident and that this kid was sitting in the back seat of my car when he was feeding me s line of Bull sh#t.

I hope the fu&*#r is bagging groceries at hyvee next week.

Was he driving down the middle of the road, or on the right side?

Hope your son is ok. Scary when someone is ejected. He is very lucky to be alive.

When I started reading this thread, I was goin g to try to be funny and ask how you all felt about riding with or against traffic while on your bicycles..But sorry to read about your son BRB.

But a few of these posts bring to mind another thing that has puzzled me over the years.

Mandatory seatbelts laws.

I'll admit...More times than not, you're safer wearing them, and I'm glad my Son puts his on automatically (and sometimes bugs me to put mine on)....But most of my personal experience has been the opposite.

My oldest brother was a big stickler about wearing them...and even though he loved to skydive, he was sort of a safety nazi...He was killed wearing a seat belt after my first week at DONU...The belt crushed his Trachea.

The next Summer, My girlfriend was driving my car to our favourite makeout spot on a gravel road...(Deep gravel on the sides of the road)..We were fishtailing and covering both sides of the road just because I told her I didn't think she could "pop a wheelie on a gravel road"...When the adrenaline hit, it seemed like time went in slow motion...I had all the time in the world to decide whether to grab the wheel, or to grab her...As I started to grab her, we seemed to go back to "real time" and the roof caved in and crushed her seat..(we fliped on the shoulder of the road landing on the driver's side roof and rolled over to throw me through the passenger side door)...I'd hate to think what would have happened to us if either of us had been wearing a seat belt.

I don't recommend not wearing seat belts, but I also don't think it should be a law to do so...Your odds of survival are better if you do wear them, but in some ways, it would be similar to you going to Vegas, and not being allowed to bet on the longshot "for your own good".