Osborne's judgment

Mistakes were made, we live with those mistakes. Learning from them is the key, we did not the first time, but I am sure we have this time.

We need to forget about the past coach, concentrate on being the best fans in college football. We have a great man leading our team. He needs our support and interest. Time to quit digging through the trash.

I don't know...still think Bo could have worked out had he been seasoned with HC experience prior to coming here. He wasn't ready for the big show. Life was rosy and the team was improving when we were expected to simply keep improving. Once we started challenging for the conference title the pressure was too much. I don't think TO could have fired Bo at any point though. I mean it wasn't until SE was in that Bo really started getting ugly. Most HC don't pan out. You keep swinging until you hit on one.

I don't know...still think Bo could have worked out had he been seasoned with HC experience prior to coming here. He wasn't ready for the big show. Life was rosy and the team was improving when we were expected to simply keep improving. Once we started challenging for the conference title the pressure was too much. I don't think TO could have fired Bo at any point though. I mean it wasn't until SE was in that Bo really started getting ugly. Most HC don't pan out. You keep swinging until you hit on one.

His personality is wrong for the job. Personally, I don't think he is going to last very long at YSU.

I agree with many comments on this thread. I guess my take is kind of two fold in some ways. The loyalty that T.O. showed his former staff, including Solich, didn't do this program any favors. However, in saying that, I don't blame him for putting Solich in place to take over.

The Pelini hire was decided before T.O. was even put in place as interim AD. Donors and boosters are great things to have in a program, but, I think right now they have way too much influence on the program and its damaging its reputation.

Whose to say if T.O doesn't annoint Solich as the next HC, things would have been way different including the future years like right now. Stoops started in OU in 99'. Who knows if we could have had Big game Bob here. Saban was on the radar at that point as well. Urban Meyer was on the scene then too.

I guess in the short end of looking at things, this is the only move I question T.O on. What if's are ok to discuss, but really, there are a lot of what if's scenarios out there. If Spurrier never leaves Florida, Zook never goes there, and thus, Urban never gets those shots with Tebow. On and on but you see .

I guess if we were able to predict the future, things would be different, but instead we have to go thru growing pains. Lets hope we learn from previous mistakes and move on with a brighter future. Fans included.