Nobler, Several Others, Probably Out

Mavric

Did Nebraska have a video coordinator before Nobler?

I think this job, thought it may have not been an actual position, goes back all the way to the run in the 90's. it was another one of those things that Nebraska was so far ahead of the rest of the country in. Film study. Nebraska was way ahead of the curve in utilizing the most up to date technology to breakdown film and have all the "bullsh#t" taken out so coaches could be far more efficient with film study themselves and with the team than anyone.

Mike Nobler is good at what he does. He will find work.

And yes this is very normal for a new coach to do this.

A video coordinator certainly is not normal. Even the journal star noted that it was rare. A coach isn't going to hire his own video guy. You're talking about technical knowledge of the equipment, processes, etc. That's something almost NO coach has any interest in hiring for. He might have a "guy" he knows, but the entire technical aspect from servers, to software could be completely different than what they are after, creating either a big learning curve a huge reinvestment by the university. There's probably more to this than just a new staff showing up.

Where does the journal star say that? I check several articles regarding the coaching salaries today and saw no mention.

Didn't Callahan gut everything when he came? Although a video coordinator job might not have existed then. Callahan still brought in all his own people. Nothing to see here..... Moving on.

Where does the journal star say that? I check several articles regarding the coaching salaries today and saw no mention.

Didn't Callahan gut everything when he came? Although a video coordinator job might not have existed then. Callahan still brought in all his own people. Nothing to see here..... Moving on.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/nebraska-support-staff-changes-in-works/article_a2cf0561-c5c8-5df4-ae4f-2d24f83292cf.html

It's common for new head coaches to bring along their own coaches and much of their own support staff. But a position such as video coordinator is typically spared.

I think this job, thought it may have not been an actual position, goes back all the way to the run in the 90's. it was another one of those things that Nebraska was so far ahead of the rest of the country in. Film study. Nebraska was way ahead of the curve in utilizing the most up to date technology to breakdown film and have all the "bullsh#t" taken out so coaches could be far more efficient with film study themselves and with the team than anyone.

So who was the video coordinator when Solich and Callahan got fired? Did they get replaced or resign, or retire?

So who was the video coordinator when Solich and Callahan got fired? Did they get replaced or resign, or retire?

I believe it was still contracted out then. That's how Nobler came on board originally before being hired. It is pretty much depending on the hardware/software. He has a team of 8 now.

It's not usually a position intertwined w/ the staff. It's more dependent on the technology. If they are planning to switch away from XOS then this makes sense. But if they are maintaining all the same technology then there is more to this than him just bringing in his own guy.

Under Callahan was Bryan Carpenter and was let go after Callahan was fired.

Another dick move by Bo.......

Another dick move by Bo.......

Did he make a video of that move ........... or just an audio recording.

Thsi has been rather answered above. But I dont know. Like I said, I'm not sure there was even a title of video coordinator. But there was a staff of guys that handled that stuff. Filmed games and practices and broke down film of opponents. Knew what coaches were looking for and were able to organize production of such based on what we needed to so to do what we wanted to do.

My source of all this is that Anatomy of an Era book. It's referenced by quite a few people in there as one of the tools that was just as significant as S&C, nutirition, and phsychology. How Nebraska was SOOO far ahead of everyone in the use of that time's most current technology in doing such things. Efficiency level was through the roof.

• 2 weeks later...