Coaches scuffle on the sidelines?

I to wanted Kaz to stay, but he has let Bo effect his life. Kaz, you are a good coach, but do not go to Youngtown, go to anger management and get a real job.

Actually, Kaz is an a$$hole all by himself and Bo had little to do with it. He was an a$$hat before he came here and just kept growing. Even if Bo was retained Kaz was out. Continually trying to start fist fights with players the last couple years had him under the microscope (finally).

• Fire 1

Won't be sorry to see him go with the way he's acted. Once again a coach on the sidelines was caught on camera throwing a temper tantrum. It's embarrassing and I'm glad to see him go, he's a hot head, simple as that and obviously thrived in that environment with Bo at the helm.

And at the same time wasn't it a breath of fresh air to see Cotton standing calmly on the sideline? I thought the team seemed much more composed and this is the big reason I didn't mind Cotton being the Interim coach.

So true. Barney acted like an adult on the sidelines and the team seemed less brittle. Good on yer, Barney.

• Fire 1

I to wanted Kaz to stay, but he has let Bo effect his life. Kaz, you are a good coach, but do not go to Youngtown, go to anger management and get a real job.

Probably one of the most overrated coaches on the team, IMO. Has two quality +300 lb. tackles and a first-round pick DE, but consistently fields mediocre line play. You could argue he's hamstrung by Bo's two-gap system and I won't disagree, but even then that only means the jury's out on him as a line coach. But the verdict is in on his personality and it's confirmed: He's an a-hole.

• Fire 9

Probably one of the most overrated coaches on the team, IMO. Has two quality +300 lb. tackles and a first-round pick DE, but consistently fields mediocre line play. You could argue he's hamstrung by Bo's two-gap system and I won't disagree, but even then that only means the jury's out on him as a line coach. But the verdict is in on his personality and it's confirmed: He's an a-hole.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

Actually, Kaz is an a$$hole all by himself and Bo had little to do with it. He was an a$$hat before he came here and just kept growing. Even if Bo was retained Kaz was out. Continually trying to start fist fights with players the last couple years had him under the microscope (finally).

This. Ask any knowledgeable Hawkeye fan (I know--an oxymoron) what his behavior was like in Iowa City.

When you listen to the emphasis that Mike Riley placed in "treating people the right way", it was clear from the outset that Kaz was not going to be retained. His antics with players cross the line, and it's not simply a case of old school motivation that teaches in the process of the rant (like, arguably, a Bo Schembechler approach). No, with Kaz, it boils down to a grown man having a full-fledged temper tantrum, and then taking out his fury on college kids with some of the most vile, demeaning language I've ever heard. I'm not at all sorry to see him go.

• Fire 1

Kaz is an idiot who acts just like Bo, which is why they got along so well. There is a reason Iowa wasnt upset when he left. I am glad he is gone. If that meant losing a few 4-5 star DL recruits, Im fine with that. Like Bo, he is a cancer.

For NU to lose some 4-5 star recruits, the previous staff would have to actually try to recruit 4-5 star DL players first. And as we all know the last staff didn't even try because it is too hard to recruit that kind of talent to Nebraska.

Kaz was upset about some missed assignments on a return. He started off letting Banderas know about it. Then he was lecturing Mitchell. They started going at it and that's when Warren got involved. Shortly afterwards all involved were hugging, shaking hand and over it. Heat of the moment and game thing.

The newspaper said that Mitchell walked over to Kaz and they shook hands. So the college student was more mature than adult coach.

• Fire 1