Reggie Davis New Husker RB Coach

Mavric

IBTHHOF comments start...

(In before the He's Hiring Old Friends)

Well we have seen HC's hiring their friends before at good ol' NU. Billy C comes to mind! I really do hope we're not witnessing BC part Duex. I want NU to succeed and do well.. I think I would rather have an all star coaching staff that recruits well as apposed to the nicest coach in the county and his good friends...
Sometimes an all star big name staff can be problematic. Probably why there are so few(Bama) around. There needs to be a clear line of authority and egos need to be sacrificed with all star staffs. I was hoping for maybe one big name, was hoping at DC, but I'm fine with trying it this way. I think Riley can coach and once again it will be about recruiting. I do like that he surrounding himself with younger staff members as well as minority hires. Diversity seems to be checked off my list for his staff. Now let's get in these kids living rooms and sell sell sell.

Just get good coaches.

Who cares how old/young they are or what color their skin is? I certainly don't, actions speak far louder than anything else.

agree. who cares if they are friends/relatives/enemies or whatever. If they are good coaches that should be enough

Well we have seen HC's hiring their friends before at good ol' NU. Billy C comes to mind! I really do hope we're not witnessing BC part Duex. I want NU to succeed and do well.. I think I would rather have an all star coaching staff that recruits well as apposed to the nicest coach in the county and his good friends...
Sometimes an all star big name staff can be problematic. Probably why there are so few(Bama) around. There needs to be a clear line of authority and egos need to be sacrificed with all star staffs. I was hoping for maybe one big name, was hoping at DC, but I'm fine with trying it this way. I think Riley can coach and once again it will be about recruiting. I do like that he surrounding himself with younger staff members as well as minority hires. Diversity seems to be checked off my list for his staff. Now let's get in these kids living rooms and sell sell sell.

Just get good coaches.

Who cares how old/young they are or what color their skin is? I certainly don't, actions speak far louder than anything else.

agree. who cares if they are friends/relatives/enemies or whatever. If they are good coaches that should be enough

Just get good coaches.

This would not be an issue if it was not for Bo. Everyone is shell shocked.

Just get good coaches.

It also would not be an issue if people actually followed other teams. No one pays attention to who is being hired as the assistant coaches at schools across the country. Most people have no idea who the assistants in their own conference are, and what their relationships are with those head coaches.

It would also be nice if people could make the distinction between hiring your buddies for their first big time job, and hiring buddies who have had a number of big time jobs.

• Fire 2

Just get good coaches.

It also would not be an issue if people actually followed other teams. No one pays attention to who is being hired as the assistant coaches at schools across the country. Most people have no idea who the assistants in their own conference are, and what their relationships are with those head coaches.

It would also be nice if people could make the distinction between hiring your buddies for their first big time job, and hiring buddies who have had a number of big time jobs.

Totally agree! No matter who Riley hires someone will complain. It appears that we have way too many Negative Nancys on this board lately.

Just get good coaches.

Totally agree! No matter who Riley hires someone will complain. It appears that we have way too many Negative Nancys on this board lately.

Were any of the people that were viewed as negative Nancy's the Last few years still negative Nancy's? Or are many of them former staff supporters?

Just get good coaches.

Were any of the people that were viewed as negative Nancy's the Last few years still negative Nancy's? Or are many of them former staff supporters?

Have not paid attention, but tired of the consistent negative statements over & over by the same posters!

Just get good coaches.

Im not sure you are responding to my comment with your comment. Having young black coaches on staff resonates with young black kids. The ability to relate with these kids is a big thing. Also a diverse staff resonates with black parents. Yes, obviously we want good coaches no matter what color their skin is. Its also important that we get good minority coaches. If you don't think that is an important issue then you must not see all the staffs in the nation with multiple minority coaches. Its a necessity.