4-3 or 3-4 base defense?

Dan Hoppen@danhoppen 1h1 hour ago

Banker said his defense is similar to what Michigan St. runs: The difference was the Jimmys and Joes that we were working with.

that and neither can stop Oregon

Who can?

The only team to stop Oregon this year was Oregon's 2nd team offensive line.

And Oregon is the least of my worries. The first priority is slowing down the offensive juggernauts Minnesota and Wisconsin............ :blink:

• Fire 2

I'm worried about winning the B1G first, I'll worry about Oregon later. Let's just hope the talent boost these coaches will see will work well in this defense. It's probably going to be much easier to pick up on which means the players should play a lot faster than they did last season. Way too much thinking with Bo's defense with your average college player.

Somewhere in these articles Riley said the defense would play 3 man fronts on third down also.

Which could mean a variety of undpredicitable things. A lot of good teams do this, and it gives you so many options of various blitzes and stunts. A bunch of different looks, forcing the Oline and qb to diagnose on the fly. Kinda like how NFL defenses play. They get in their unorthodaox sets, putting sometimes up to 9 guys on the line of scrimmage and the qb and oline are essentially left guessing whos coming and who aint. And those that dont, the qb then has to diganose on the fly what coverages theyre dropping into. Now, provide these challenges at the college level, and it can be very effective.

I'm worried about winning the B1G first, I'll worry about Oregon later. Let's just hope the talent boost these coaches will see will work well in this defense. It's probably going to be much easier to pick up on which means the players should play a lot faster than they did last season. Way too much thinking with Bo's defense with your average college player.

So you're saying we're winning the B1G next year? Because we'll definitely have to worry about beating Oregon in 2016. chuckleshuffle