The Big Ten is back, despite including the Big Ten West

Saunders

Only time will tell. The West really needs to kick it into gear. Nebraska & Iowa have not helped the West at all. Hopefully Riley can get NU over the hump. As for OSU & MSU being the top two that is correct, but NU could have easily beaten MSU had they pulled their head out of there a$$es earlier in the game. Nebraska never seemed to get better or improve as the year went on with Pelini. Hopefully that will be another change under Riley.

I wonder what the perception wouldve been if Ohio St woulda beat Wisconsin by 7, and still went on to win the national title. Seems they forget that Michigan is garbage. Penn St is garbage even with new coach. That Minnesota almost beat Ohio St. That Nebraska almost beat Michigan St. Seems their comparison of the East to the West is much like that of the SEC to the rest of the country. While most wont argue it's better, the gap isnt that wide. And there's a lot of assuming that Franklin and Harbaugh will be major successes, and that Riley wont.

• Fire 3

Only time will tell. The West really needs to kick it into gear. Nebraska & Iowa have not helped the West at all. Hopefully Riley can get NU over the hump. As for OSU & MSU being the top two that is correct, but NU could have easily beaten MSU had they pulled their head out of there a$$es earlier in the game. Nebraska never seemed to get better or improve as the year went on with Pelini. Hopefully that will be another change under Riley.

Or, one could go another direction and say Nebraska was at best the fifth best team in the B1G after losing to Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I doubt we'll ever be able to recruit like Ohio State and Michigan. Our focus needs to be similar to Michigan State's where we just outwork everyone else. Michigan State is similar to Kansas State where they don't have the talent year in and year out, but they have the coaching. This is where we have to go.

• Fire 1

Ohio St, probably not. But please explain what Michigan has that we dont. Does Michigan have a sh#t ton of instate talent? I guess I really dont know. Obviously it's more than Nebraska, cuz that's not saying much, but to me there doesnt seem to be this perception that Michigan is some recruiting hotbed. I'm sick of the perception that Michigan can do so much better recruiting than Nebraska.

Alot of it has to do with recruiting. Sam McKewon was hitting on this the other day.

The #B1G has 27 commits in ESPN 300. 24 from the #B1G East. 3 from the #B1G West. OSU(9), PSU(9), MSU(3), Mich(3), NU(2), Ill(1). #sobering
The #B1G has 24 commits inside the Rivals 250. 21 from the #B1G East. 3 from #B1G West. OSU(8), PSU(7), MSU(3), Mich(3), NU(3). #sobering
The #B1G has 38 commits in Scout 300. 30 from #B1G East. 8 from #B1G West. PSU(10) OSU(10) MSU(6) Mich(4) Wis(3) NU(2) NW(1) Iowa(1) Ill(1)
The #B1G has 28 commits inside 247's Top 247. 25 from #B1G East. 3 from #B1G West. OSU(10), PSU(10), MSU(3), Mich(2), UW(2), NU(1) #sobering
The #B1G has 26 commits inside 247's Composite. 23 from #B1G East. 3 from #B1G West. OSU(9) PSU(9) Mich(3) MSU(2) NU(1) Ill(1) #sobering

Ohio St, probably not. But please explain what Michigan has that we dont. Does Michigan have a sh#t ton of instate talent? I guess I really dont know. Obviously it's more than Nebraska, cuz that's not saying much, but to me there doesnt seem to be this perception that Michigan is some recruiting hotbed. I'm sick of the perception that Michigan can do so much better recruiting than Nebraska.

You can't just look at the home state's population and say that's that. The surrounding population near Michigan is way bigger. They get a lot of recruits from Ohio.

Nebraska borders Iowa, North Dakota, Kansas.

You can't just look at the home state's population and say that's that. The surrounding population near Michigan is way bigger. They get a lot of recruits from Ohio.

But what's the draw? Climates similar. Current prestige of the program is, well, equal I guess.

Probably just my bias. But I guess I just dont see what Michigan has to sell. Why cant we compete with those guys in recruiting? Everyone just seems to write us off.

But what's the draw? Climates similar. Current prestige of the program is, well, equal I guess.

Probably just my bias. But I guess I just dont see what Michigan has to sell. Why cant we compete with those guys in recruiting? Everyone just seems to write us off.

If everything else is even, distance from home still gives Michigan a big advantage. Closeness to home is important to a lot of recruits, and Michigan is closer to home for more recruits than is Nebraska.

• Fire 1

You forget Missouri though

But we're talking about a whoppin 20-25 prospects per year. And for a program like Nebraska that recruits nationally, that means we have a lesser need from that region than they do. Hence, I still dont see the big advantage or draw to Michigan making it so easy to assume that they can out recruit us all the time, and using that to justify the assumption that they'll "get back" but we wont.