(Old story) Pelini: "You no longer have an offer from Nebraska."

zoogs

I don't understand why any kid would commit to a school until signing day anyway. Why limit yourself until you have visited all the possibilities out there? This is the next step to the future of the rest of your life, take everything in and make the decision the last week up to the signing day.

That's the problem. Kids commit because they get scared into believing that offer along with others might be gone if they don't sign on the line.

• Fire 1

I agree with that, okaive. But that's no good for the schools, who have to know what positions they have in their class and so on. The whole necessity of committing early is in service to the schools and clearly not best for the players.

Unless they're one of the top recruits with plenty of choices, if they wait, classes could fill up and leave them empty handed.

Hence the flipping. Can't begrudge a recruit for taking longer to decide (some do, some don't) and also can't begrudge them for being forced to commit earlier on, before they've truly been able to make up their minds.

• Fire 1

Auburn looks to be freeing up space for the next signing class. Will be interesting to see how things go with the upcoming 4 year scholarships.

The new 4 year scholly rule is going to boggle the SEC schools minds. The extreme oversigning is not gonna be an option anymore. They will be crying about it very soon and you will see the conference fall back. Will be MUCH more parity over entirety of conferences. Also much more fair for players, however it could be bad too for those that just coast knowing they have a full ride for 4 years.

the ones that wait, to commit are really taking a great chance. Some places can only take x number of kids. they could be out of slots when the time comes, of course if your a 4 or 5 star they will make room, but most are not in that level.

The military has or had the DEP program, 90 day delay entry program. Benefits were you could enlist early, request a certain school and be guaranteed of that school, upon successful completion of recruit training. But the day you signed that initial enlistment, you were in that service, no changing or wiggling out so to speak. Kids that signed the day before they left, had far fewer training opportunities than the DEP kids.

Make a signing day the summer after their junior year. Lock down signature, no outage. this would in the long term end the last minute changes, because slots would not be available at other program with this new 4 year scholarship it seems to me.

Again, you recruit a kid before his senior season and he gets hurt, you are on the hook for four years to.

A lot of the problems with this crap is the circus that ESPN has turned it into, the desk, the 19 hats and grabbing and putting it down is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen. 17 year old kids controlling the fans of the University of Georgia, Michigan or whom ever. Let them do something before you make them a media whore.

This shouldn't suprise anyone. This patented approach is now detailed in Bo's new book:

"Sour Grapes and Intimidation - How to deal with fans, bosses, recruits, the media, and everyone else that is out to get you"

By M.A. Pelini

This is why we need to be able to +1 posts on the mobile site.

1. Scroll down to bottom of page

2. Press "Full Version"

3. ???

4. Profit

Did that. Just seems unnecessary.

I think it bothers me more when people get mad that the kid flips...if you are looking for new jobs and you get a nice offer and say "Sure, I will take that...I can start in two weeks" and then two days later a way better offer comes in (in your mind, more cash, closer, better benefits, what have you) you are not going to be a jackass and turn in down.

It sounds so lame but you need to do what is best for you...

I screwed that up before...

• Fire 2