NU tops Big 10 in spending on recruiting

TGHusker

Hopefully the money is well spent. Overall, I'm satisfied that the new staff held the class together as well as they did plus added a few gems. A coaching change can be a recruitment disaster but I think we ended up in a good situation in spite of the change - maybe because of the change.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Nebraska-leads-Big-Ten-recruiting-spenders-35287282

I wish the numbers were fleshed out more. I know different schools account for recruiting budgets differently.

I know Ohio has a lot of in-state talent, but I can't believe tOSU is 7th in the conference in (legal) recruiting spending.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. There are a lot of different buckets to categorize budget money in. Some line items that we call recruiting may fall in a different bucket elsewhere.

• Fire 1

2016 will tell the story on this coaching staff, as far as recruiting goes.... Personally, I think it could be a top 15 class.

2016?? what makes you think so when we haven't played a game under the new staff??

That's why I said "as far as recruiting goes"..... The first full class for a new coaching staff is always a great opportunity for them, and usually one of their best classes.

2016 will tell the story on this coaching staff, as far as recruiting goes.... Personally, I think it could be a top 15 class.

2016?? what makes you think so when we haven't played a game under the new staff? That's why I said "as far as recruiting goes"..... The first full class for a new coaching staff is always a great opportunity for them, and usually one of their best classes.

ok, i just wondered what you see that puts us in the top 15 classes.......we haven't been that high in years....hope you are correct.

2016?? what makes you think so when we haven't played a game under the new staff? That's why I said "as far as recruiting goes"..... The first full class for a new coaching staff is always a great opportunity for them, and usually one of their best classes.

ok, i just wondered what you see that puts us in the top 15 classes.......we haven't been that high in years....hope you are correct.

Oh yeah, nothing yet. It's just a hunch, really. In my opinion this coaching staff seems to have a, no excuse, aggressive approach to recruiting....

Oh yeah, nothing yet. It's just a hunch, really. In my opinion this coaching staff seems to have a, no excuse, aggressive approach to recruiting....

It is worth noting that lately after a coaching change, the new staff tends to get a big recruiting rating jump. And these jumps are occurring when the teams in question are not sniffing a bowl game. We could have a very highly rated class by adding some on the field success to the coaching change.