State of the Board

This place certainly has less of a community feel to it now. It seems more like a comments section where the narrative is well-controlled and censorship runs rampant.

I think a big part of that is that virtually every single new thread is created by Mavric. It's great that he's zealous in providing good content, but it's almost to bot-like level.

• Fire 1

This place certainly has less of a community feel to it now. It seems more like a comments section where the narrative is well-controlled and censorship runs rampant.

I think a big part of that is that virtually every single new thread is created by Mavric. It's great that he's zealous in providing good content, but it's almost to bot-like level.

Mavric is Nexus reincarnated

If you don't like that someone else creates all new threads, perhaps you should create a few of your own? I did this week and it's provided some great discussion.

I don't create threads just for the sake of creating them. Not saying you do, but I'm not going to start one until I have a good idea for conversation. Me not having those ideas doesn't mean I'm not within my rights to wish that everything else wasn't being created by one person flooding the football board.

bullsh#t it does. Community is what you make of it. If you need other members to make you feel like you belong then you're not trying hard enough to contribute.

Where did you get the idea we "need" others to feel like we "belong?"

I don't think the people who miss some of the banned voices, or question the banning itself, are being needy here.

We are contributing to the community with our posts on this thread.

Would you like us to contribute harder?

• Fire 2

bullsh#t it does. Community is what you make of it. If you need other members to make you feel like you belong then you're not trying hard enough to contribute.

I don't think the people who miss some of the banned voices, or question the banning itself, are being needy here.

I got that idea from the comment I quoted. It speaks of a community and how it 'feels' now. It's obvious The Dude is lamenting about the people who were here pre-ban and wishing it could go back to that and that 'it seems more like a comments section' now where 'censorship runs rampant'.

It's pretty well spelled out there that some people are thinking that the board has lost its identity and/or quality somehow because of a few people who used to post here and that's really sad because this board is much bigger than a few people who broke the rules and paid the price for it.

What I would like is for people to move on. This horse was dead a long time ago.

So move on. No one makes you continually comment about this.

• Fire 4

I got that idea from the comment I quoted. It speaks of a community and how it 'feels' now. It's obvious The Dude is lamenting about the people who were here pre-ban and wishing it could go back to that and that 'it seems more like a comments section' now where 'censorship runs rampant'.

It's pretty well spelled out there that some people are thinking that the board has lost its identity and/or quality somehow because of a few people who used to post here and that's really sad because this board is much bigger than a few people who broke the rules and paid the price for it.

What I would like is for people to move on. This horse was dead a long time ago.

We'll decide if the horse is dead, thanks.

censorship/stifling dissent/Hitler/etc

This is getting kinda crazy. The people who were initially banned weren't shown the door for having different opinions. They were shown the door for showing no interest in complying with requests to better handle their disagreements with other members. (Of course, you may disagree with that determination, but it's not like this was a first incident with any of those guys, either.)

I don't know that anyone has ever had a ban lifted, but personally, I think a few of them (and their posts) are rather at home on Twitter these days.

Obviously that's not really a catch all for everyone who was banned, some of whom I wish were still around, but I suppose that those members left no choice.

I don't know, I hope we've done a decent job of answering questions and concerns about this. Keep them coming, although understand that the bans themselves aren't really up for referendum (as they never have been).

• Fire 6