State of the Board

I guess this what I don't get...

It's been weeks since the "Purge" and people are still bitching about it. Build a bridge, get over it. If them still being banned is such a problem, then get your sh*t together, and go start a new board. The whining and crying about it has run it's course...

Man the f*ck up or GTFO...

Yeah, the "love it or leave it" argument.

It's not exactly my definition of "man the f#*k up" but ymmv.

I also wouldn't describe the reaction here as "whining and crying" as much as concern and disappointment.

My experience, which may not be fair in this case, comes from a really great non-sports board I used to frequent. Board rules were selectively applied to some of the livelier posters, who had the kind of authority issues that make them lively posters. Just a couple were banned, but others left voluntarily, not liking the new tone of things. When their side of the story came out, it didn't jibe with the story administators told the board. Those administrators were nice people in a thankless job, but it became apparent that they got their feathers ruffled by the challenge to their authority, and in pressing their advantage they went a little too far. Some posters claimed "good riddance" and the board indeed lived on, but it was never half as interesting, and a lot of folks who didn't know or care about the banning itself stopped posting as much. Or at all.

If I'm reading too much into the similarities, I apologize. But having had that experience, I'd be crazy not to notice.

• Fire 6

I guess this what I don't get...

It's been weeks since the "Purge" and people are still bitching about it. Build a bridge, get over it. If them still being banned is such a problem, then get your sh*t together, and go start a new board. The whining and crying about it has run it's course...

Man the f*ck up or GTFO...

Yeah, the "love it or leave it" argument.

It's not exactly my definition of "man the f#*k up" but ymmv.

I also wouldn't describe the reaction here as "whining and crying" as much as concern and disappointment.

My experience, which may not be fair in this case, comes from a really great non-sports board I used to frequent. Board rules were selectively applied to some of the livelier posters, who had the kind of authority issues that make them lively posters. Just a couple were banned, but others left voluntarily, not liking the new tone of things. When their side of the story came out, it didn't jibe with the story administators told the board. Those administrators were nice people in a thankless job, but it became apparent that they got their feathers ruffled by the challenge to their authority, and in pressing their advantage they went a little too far. Some posters claimed "good riddance" and the board indeed lived on, but it was never half as interesting, and a lot of folks who didn't know or care about the banning itself stopped posting as much. Or at all.

If I'm reading too much into the similarities, I apologize. But having had that experience, I'd be crazy not to notice.

I think the difference here is 3 guys got the boot at the same time for different reasons after repeated warnings. Then the wave of other posters getting banned followed because a) they were mad and didnt want to be here without one of the original 3 or b) they though it would be fun to get banned/tested the waters during a hurricane.

Yeah, I didn't even mention the bannings. I was offering my opinion on the state of the board.

You seem to be the one hung up on the bannings.

Nah man. People implied that things have changed since the bannings so please don't try to heap this on top of me. The entire State of the Board post came after the bannings and because of the bannings. I'm not making stuff up here.

It's not implied. It has, in fact, changed. Anyone can see this except you. Literally. Since you put me on ignore.

• Fire 2

Yeah, I didn't even mention the bannings. I was offering my opinion on the state of the board.

You seem to be the one hung up on the bannings.

Nah man. People implied that things have changed since the bannings so please don't try to heap this on top of me. The entire State of the Board post came after the bannings and because of the bannings. I'm not making stuff up here.

I believe it was Dr. Dre who said, "thangs just ain't the same for gangstas".

Those words resonate.

• Fire 2