State of the Board

The world is full of people that do not like each other, why would anyone expect this to be different. If someone was terrified by remarks made on this board or even PM's, most likely they have a history of it prior to anything happening here.

I got beat up around here for a long time, because of my feelings about the staff and the direction. Pretty much a regular day. Polo and I went at it from pretty much day one. Did I feel intimidated. Hell yea I did, not of fear, but knowing he was a hell of lot smarter than I was. Some that were banned, have more love, dedication and allegiance to the Huskers than 90% of the new asshats we inherited when other boards closed.

Lawyers, all should be lined up and shot at sunrise, scum of the earth, lower than whale dung as far as I am concerned. A shady sneaky lying bunch, never about the rights, but the money they make.

God forbid this country was ever under siege, a bunch of whining babies, wanting someone else to defend them.

I do not frequent this board like I used to. It was a fun place to come, learn about what was happening in Nebraska, at Nebraska. Now it is more about just complaining and talking about the past. Reminds me of a VFW meeting. Mine is bigger than yours crap. Tired of all the bitching, tired of all the excuses, most likely where this all started.

For seven years every single day I was told how great the past staff was, how it was a matter of minutes before it was turned around and MNC would in the trophy room, told how squeaking out wins of significantly lower level teams were great wins, how blowouts just happen to every one. How lucky wins and blown calls were part of the game. How we were on line with only 3 other teams in the country because our sacred cow 9 wins.

Freedom of speech, another right we are losing rapidly.

Eric, Black Shirt, Arky, Zoogs, you guys do a great job on this board, and I do not know the whole story on this, but you banned a guy who loves this program, saw it failing and wanted change. Change comes about normally from dissention. He was man enough to say he was wrong, reversed his whole feelings on the staff and fought to get rid of it unconditionally. I admired that in him. Some lead, some follow, but most just need to get out of the way. I think this board has been dealt a solid body shot. Will it get better with what some bring to the table, doubtful in my mind. Still good people here.

I wish you all the best, but I will be around far less. Just not fun anymore.

giphy.gif

Lawyers, all should be lined up and shot at sunrise, scum of the earth, lower than whale dung as far as I am concerned. A shady sneaky lying bunch, never about the rights, but the money they make.

skersfan is actually Mojo Nixon. Little known fact.

Is it a new song? I recall "I Hate Banks", "Burn Down The Malls" and one of my favorites "Beer Ain't Drinkin" . I don't recall an anti-lawyer one.

It's not so much as to "who" is gone, but rather the way it was handled. I still don't think they've recieved answers/replies to attempted communication to the admins/mods, everything is being deferred to Eric, and he isn't responding.

I think it is about who was gone...if I were banned and it was handled the same way, I highly doubt anyone would be upset at all with either how it was handled or the fact that I was banned. For the people getting upset and leaving because their pals were banned....I don't quit the team because of the way my friend was benched.

I don't know much about how the admin stuff works here but I've been an admin of a board with over 75 thousand active users and I've had to ban people as well...the people I banned know what they were banned for because I had a 3 strikes policy where you were issued 2 warnings for each violation. I see we have that here too. The people who were banned: They know why or have a good idea why. You're not banned for something new...it's something you were warned at least 2 times before with. They must have short memories if they are claiming not to know.

The only reason it's about who, honestly, is because of the quality of the poster. They were good posters who brought a lot of discussion (good and otherwise) and nice input to this forum. They weren't necessarily pals/buddies/chums with everyone that is upset.

• Fire 2

I find it entertaining that others would quit coming to the board just because someone else was being stupid enough to warrant a perma-ban. That's like being on a football team and quitting just because your best friend was benched. To me, I keep on playing...I don't give up because someone was benched.

Huskerboard is bigger than just a few people and I find it amusing that those of you coming here to tell everyone how you won't be on much anymore (or are quitting) see it the exact opposite. I advise those people to take a step back and look at the big picture and realize that Huskerboard isn't NUPolo et. al., it's all of us.

Will you lack the opinions of people who were banned in the future? Sure. If you can't live another day on Huskerboard without those opinions standing beside you so you can hug them and stroke them then by all means, please, leave. I for one, will continue to come here to talk Husker football with people who have great insight, opinions, and posts and I won't miss anyone that was banned at all...Huskerboard will continue on and still have excellent content and still provide the best free place on the web for Husker fans. Thanks to the admins/mods for your work and providing a great place for us to talk shop about our passion...Husker Football/sports...because talking about banned members and perceived injustices is definitely not my passion.

If talking about banned posters isn't your passion, why do you continue to post about it? Just shut up and post in the football forum and you wouldn't have to read another word about it.

• Fire 6

It's not so much as to "who" is gone, but rather the way it was handled. I still don't think they've recieved answers/replies to attempted communication to the admins/mods, everything is being deferred to Eric, and he isn't responding.

I think it is about who was gone...if I were banned and it was handled the same way, I highly doubt anyone would be upset at all with either how it was handled or the fact that I was banned. For the people getting upset and leaving because their pals were banned....I don't quit the team because of the way my friend was benched.

I don't know much about how the admin stuff works here but I've been an admin of a board with over 75 thousand active users and I've had to ban people as well...the people I banned know what they were banned for because I had a 3 strikes policy where you were issued 2 warnings for each violation. I see we have that here too. The people who were banned: They know why or have a good idea why. You're not banned for something new...it's something you were warned at least 2 times before with. They must have short memories if they are claiming not to know.

The only reason it's about who, honestly, is because of the quality of the poster. They were good posters who brought a lot of discussion (good and otherwise) and nice input to this forum. They weren't necessarily pals/buddies/chums with everyone that is upset.

So if what you consider a scrub is banned, you're cool with that? What you consider quality trumps all? We should be lenient just because people post good posts sometimes?

Just remember, not everyone thinks that they were good posters...I know quite a few people here who don't give two squirts about them being banned because, while they may have brought some good convo in on occasion, their behavior was more a distraction and often times, pretty much sucked. For everyone who thought they were the bees knees and thinks that Huskerboard is just going to be a pile of dung without them...there are just as many who think Huskerboard will be a much better place without their constant self righteous, ego stroking, pretentious persona wearing, entitled and combative posts kimosabe.

I'm glad it was handled swiftly and I'm glad that as few people as possible were casualties of the ban...because when someone feels they were wronged by some injustice, they will bring as many people down as they can with them....misery loves company.

Speaking of constant entitled, ego stroking, self righteousness...........

• Fire 1

I find it entertaining that others would quit coming to the board just because someone else was being stupid enough to warrant a perma-ban. That's like being on a football team and quitting just because your best friend was benched. To me, I keep on playing...I don't give up because someone was benched.

Huskerboard is bigger than just a few people and I find it amusing that those of you coming here to tell everyone how you won't be on much anymore (or are quitting) see it the exact opposite. I advise those people to take a step back and look at the big picture and realize that Huskerboard isn't NUPolo et. al., it's all of us.

Will you lack the opinions of people who were banned in the future? Sure. If you can't live another day on Huskerboard without those opinions standing beside you so you can hug them and stroke them then by all means, please, leave. I for one, will continue to come here to talk Husker football with people who have great insight, opinions, and posts and I won't miss anyone that was banned at all...Huskerboard will continue on and still have excellent content and still provide the best free place on the web for Husker fans. Thanks to the admins/mods for your work and providing a great place for us to talk shop about our passion...Husker Football/sports...because talking about banned members and perceived injustices is definitely not my passion.

If talking about banned posters isn't your passion, why do you continue to post about it? Just shut up and post in the football forum and you wouldn't have to read another word about it.

I'm not starting new threads for it am I? I'm still participating in Husker sports talk right? I doubt very much that 2 posts giving my opinion in a thread constitutes passion about it. But it sure is a nice straw man to construct to distract from the topic of the thread.

That's not what I would consider a sham argument that was set up to be defeated.

• Fire 2

I'm not starting new threads for it am I? I'm still participating in Husker sports talk right? I doubt very much that 2 posts giving my opinion in a thread constitutes passion about it. But it sure is a nice straw man to construct to distract from the topic of the thread.

That's not what I would consider a sham argument that was set up to be defeated.

You built up something that we weren't talking about to be the issue. Straw man arguments are where you construct something else that isn't part of the topic to be attacked. In this instance, you built me up to be attacked by inferring I'm hypocritical which isn't the topic of conversation here.

No one is attacking you. Clearly you seek attention to your opinions of these people all the while saying we shouldn't be discussing them anymore.

Just go back to the football forum. Let people that want to talk about it do so.

• Fire 2

No one is attacking you. Clearly you seek attention to your opinions of these people all the while saying we shouldn't be discussing them anymore.

Just go back to the football forum. Let people that want to talk about it do so.

No worries dude...sorry that I made you uncomfortable by expressing my opinions about people who are now quitting because their favorite posters were banned...and then defended my right to do so without fear of being labeled a hypocrite.

It's an anonymous message board. I don't get uncomfortable. Clearly you do based on your feelings toward those that were banned.

• Fire 3

It's an anonymous message board. I don't get uncomfortable. Clearly you do based on your feelings toward those that were banned.

I thought from the content and tone of your posts, that you did/do have issues with my opinions and I thought that was evident in that you replied to them and told me to shut up. That's fine, that's what a board is for...disagreement and debate. But you should respect my right to have those opinions and not tell me to shut up like a child would when you disagree with them.

Stop trying to play some innocent helpless victim. It doesn't hold water.

If these people don't matter to you, why have an opinion at all? Just move to a different forum and you never have to read anything about them again. But you can't. Because you are no different than the people that were banned in that you have to make sure you talk down to people and make sure you beat them to death with your opinions. The only difference between you and them, is that they were better and smarter than you at doing it.

• Fire 3

You built up something that we weren't talking about to be the issue. Straw man arguments are where you construct something else that isn't part of the topic to be attacked. In this instance, you built me up to be attacked by inferring I'm hypocritical which isn't the topic of conversation here.

I did none of those things :lol:

• Fire 2