State of the Board

• So you're banning people based on Private Messages? I'd recommend changing the name of them. That whole 'private' thing could throw people.
  • It's extremely hard to take a post seriously when it's signed with your handle.
Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

P.S. Pretty disappointed with a lot of good posters being banned at once. I will probably be spending a lot less time on the boards.

Oh No! The Clemson fan won't be frequenting our favorite Husker message board anymore....

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

I like cacti's posts and respect his insights and contributions
  • Fire 7

1. So you're banning people based on Private Messages? I'd recommend changing the name of them. That whole 'private' thing could throw people.
  2. It's extremely hard to take a post seriously when it's signed with your handle.

Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

P.S. Pretty disappointed with a lot of good posters being banned at once. I will probably be spending a lot less time on the boards.

Oh No! The Clemson fan won't be frequenting our favorite Husker message board anymore....

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

Killer is ten times the poster you are.

• Fire 5

• So you're banning people based on Private Messages? I'd recommend changing the name of them. That whole 'private' thing could throw people.
  • It's extremely hard to take a post seriously when it's signed with your handle.
Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

You making a fat joke?
  • Fire 2

Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

You making a fat joke?

HE PUT ON SYMPATHY WEIGHT WHEN HIS WIFE WAS PREGNANT.....

but no... i am probably bigger than Killer.

So if cyber bullying is such an issue on the board and we are really concerned about someone on this board committing suicide...eh, nvm...

Thick skin people, it's beneficial to our lives. Suggest heavily on getting some.

If "you" are one of those people who are SO SOFT on a internet message board, and can't take a little razzing, man, yikes.

• Fire 2

Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

You making a fat joke?

HE PUT ON SYMPATHY WEIGHT WHEN HIS WIFE WAS PREGNANT.....

but no... i am probably bigger than Killer.

One of those statements is true, and it doesn't have anything to do with you.

I'm a bigger guy, but don't think that I'm not quick & agile.

So if cyber bullying is such an issue on the board and we are really concerned about someone on this board committing suicide...eh, nvm...

Thick skin people, it's beneficial to our lives. Suggest heavily on getting some.

If "you" are one of those people who are SO SOFT on a internet message board, and can't take a little razzing, man, yikes.

Agreed that people shouldn't take things seriously on a message board, but it only takes one person to commit suicide or have a mental breakdown and have to see a shrink and the family suing the board for causing it and not doing anything about it to shut the site down. Better to be fix the problem early than to wait and maybe have an even bigger problem later.
  • Fire 1

Agreed that people shouldn't take things seriously on a message board, but it only takes one person to commit suicide or have a mental breakdown and have to see a shrink and the family suing the board for causing it and not doing anything about it to shut the site down. Better to be fix the problem early than to wait and maybe have an even bigger problem later.

See but that is exactly the problem. One person's actions should not be the determining factor in a change of how the "whole" works. Whether it should or shouldn't, I do realize it won't change

That is one of the many issues we have living in America. Minority has the power, and its almost always cited as "hurt feelings". It's grossly over exaggerated and ridiculous.

I guess I'm more of a survival of the fittest mindset rather than, protector of the weak...if that makes sense.

• Fire 1

See but that is exactly the problem. One person's actions should not be the determining factor in a change of how the "whole" works. Whether it should or shouldn't, I do realize it won't change

That is one of the many issues we have living in America. Minority has the power, and its almost always cited as "hurt feelings". It's grossly over exaggerated and ridiculous.

I guess I'm more of a survival of the fittest mindset rather than, protector of the weak...if that makes sense.

I don't mean this coming from a high horse at all but as a genuine question because of our conversations - which do you think Jesus was more like? Survival of the fittest or protector of the weak? Because I see a lot of stories of him interacting with the weak, which is a big part of the reason that the powerful wanted him dead.

Regardless of that hyper-spiritual response, another part of the problem is what you laid out in your previous post where you implied that any male that has emotion or is more easily affected by people's words is less of a man than the guy that doesn't give a sh#t. Which is bullsh#t. You don't know what people have to deal with, you don't know how they were conditioned by their environment, you don't know how they've been scarred and hurt by things completely out of their control. Some people do, indeed, just need to "grow a pair" and get over it, but some people really genuinely struggle as best they can (some people even have physiological chemical imbalances in their brain!) and can hardly help themselves, and then they have you piling on to their battle by saying they aren't manly.

• Fire 1

I don't mean this coming from a high horse at all but as a genuine question because of our conversations - which do you think Jesus was more like? Survival of the fittest or protector of the weak? Because I see a lot of stories of him interacting with the weak, which is a big part of the reason that the powerful wanted him dead.

Regardless of that hyper-spiritual response, another part of the problem is what you laid out in your previous post where you implied that any male that has emotion or is more easily affected by people's words is less of a man than the guy that doesn't give a sh#t. Which is bullsh#t. You don't know what people have to deal with, you don't know how they were conditioned by their environment, you don't know how they've been scarred and hurt by things completely out of their control. Some people do, indeed, just need to "grow a pair" and get over it, but some people really genuinely struggle as best they can (some people even have physiological chemical imbalances in their brain!) and can hardly help themselves, and then they have you piling on to their battle by saying they aren't manly.

But you do mean it coming from a high horse. It's the stance you always take. It's exactly the reason a lot of people didn't like you. Which is their choice, right, who cares (as you have said, you don't).

Putting a disclaimer "I don't mean this coming from a high horse" doesn't absolve it. It just makes it completely fake. You wrote what you wrote because you want people to see it. Not because you are genuinely coming to someone's aid or whatever. Look, I get what you are saying, but, don't come at me using all those "pointed fingers" (You's)...like you are some Holy Samaritan. You are just like everyone else.

• Fire 5

But you do mean it coming from a high horse. It's the stance you always take. It's exactly the reason a lot of people didn't like you. Which is their choice, right, who cares (as you have said, you don't).

Putting a disclaimer "I don't mean this coming from a high horse" doesn't absolve it. It just makes it completely fake. You wrote what you wrote because you want people to see it. Not because you are genuinely coming to someone's aid or whatever. Look, I get what you are saying, but, don't come at me using all those "pointed fingers" (You's)...like you are some Holy Samaritan. You are just like everyone else.

I'm only using "you's" because you and I think differently on this issue. If we were in it together I would say "we". I think I'm right, but everyone thinks they are right; if they thought they were wrong they would change what they think. I'm just curious what your perspective is, and where it comes from, and I thought about doing it via pm (maybe I should have) but I figured if it contributes to the conversation then that's a bonus. I used to have pretty much exactly the same mindset, and most dudes that are raised in small-town Nebraska probably share it. No indictment or anything, dude, I'm not trying to help you; just asking a question and offering my thoughts for however much or little they are worth.