State of the Board

1. So you're banning people based on Private Messages? I'd recommend changing the name of them. That whole 'private' thing could throw people.
  2. It's extremely hard to take a post seriously when it's signed with your handle.

Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

P.S. Pretty disappointed with a lot of good posters being banned at once. I will probably be spending a lot less time on the boards.

Oh No! The Clemson fan won't be frequenting our favorite Husker message board anymore....

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

Screw you.

I've been around longer than you and contributed more than you. That logo at the top of the page? I took the time to make it because I enjoyed my time here. The last few years, this place has steadily gone downhill & the last week or so only accelerated that downfall.

FWIW, I think Junior is onto something.

Well if anything matters it's longevity on an internet message board, and ordinary graphic design skills....

And for the record, the post was "tongue-in-cheek"..... Felt like that was kind of the vibe of the thread....

1. So you're banning people based on Private Messages? I'd recommend changing the name of them. That whole 'private' thing could throw people.
  2. It's extremely hard to take a post seriously when it's signed with your handle.

Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

P.S. Pretty disappointed with a lot of good posters being banned at once. I will probably be spending a lot less time on the boards.

Oh No! The Clemson fan won't be frequenting our favorite Husker message board anymore....

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

Killer is ten times the poster you are.

I'm not even sure how you quantify that, but I get it. You guys have been around a similar amount of time.... bromance. "friends are friends forever". I get it....

2nd minnesota and tattooedhusker.

Of course you do..

• Fire 2

But you do mean it coming from a high horse. It's the stance you always take. It's exactly the reason a lot of people didn't like you. Which is their choice, right, who cares (as you have said, you don't).

Putting a disclaimer "I don't mean this coming from a high horse" doesn't absolve it. It just makes it completely fake. You wrote what you wrote because you want people to see it. Not because you are genuinely coming to someone's aid or whatever. Look, I get what you are saying, but, don't come at me using all those "pointed fingers" (You's)...like you are some Holy Samaritan. You are just like everyone else.

I'm only using "you's" because you and I think differently on this issue. If we were in it together I would say "we". I think I'm right, but everyone thinks they are right; if they thought they were wrong they would change what they think. I'm just curious what your perspective is, and where it comes from, and I thought about doing it via pm (maybe I should have) but I figured if it contributes to the conversation then that's a bonus. I used to have pretty much exactly the same mindset, and most dudes that are raised in small-town Nebraska probably share it. No indictment or anything, dude, I'm not trying to help you; just asking a question and offering my thoughts for however much or little they are worth.

If people are dealing with something, then fine, I have no issue with that. Its the public remorse and pity they search for that is tiresome and honestly really self absorbed. Deal with it how they need to, but don't go public with it saying "this guy said this, and it hurts my feelings cause I am dealing with this or am scarred by that" Maybe a 1 on 1 would be better suited rather than an attention seeking pity movement.

I work with student athletes in high school that have a lot of so called issues, half are legit, half aren't. People also have to learn how to syphon through the bs. Not all of what the "victim" says always checks out.

I am of the mindset that if it's legit issue, then lets get you help, if its not, suck it up, get on with life...

• Fire 1

Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

Screw you.

I've been around longer than you and contributed more than you. That logo at the top of the page? I took the time to make it because I enjoyed my time here. The last few years, this place has steadily gone downhill & the last week or so only accelerated that downfall.

Well if anything matters it's longevity on an internet message board, and ordinary graphic design skills....

LOL. Admins/Mods, I feel attacked.

Believe me, I'm not worried about your ordinary opinion.

• Fire 1

If people are dealing with something, then fine, I have no issue with that. Its the public remorse and pity they search for that is tiresome and honestly really self absorbed. Deal with it how they need to, but don't go public with it saying "this guy said this, and it hurts my feelings cause I am dealing with this or am scarred by that" Maybe a 1 on 1 would be better suited rather than an attention seeking pity movement.

I work with student athletes in high school that have a lot of so called issues, half are legit, half aren't. People also have to learn how to syphon through the bs. Not all of what the "victim" says always checks out.

I am of the mindset that if it's legit issue, then lets get you help, if its not, suck it up, get on with life...

Do you think that perpetual attention-seeking or overexaggerating in response to non-legit issues might itself by a legit issue? Sometimes kids just have no clue and haven't been taught how to process their emotions and thoughts and are starved for attention that they see everything in their life through the lens of, "How can I be seen through this?", which I think a lot of the time still hints at something serious underneath, even if the "issues" they are presenting don't really matter at all, you know?

Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

Screw you.

LOL. Admins/Mods, I feel attacked.

Believe me, I'm not worried about your ordinary opinion.

Alright then....

Of course you do..

I promise it has nothing to do with you. I enjoy kc, have for a while, and think he's been a great presence on this board.

I can't recall a single thing you've ever said before you started jumping on the "landlord sucks" bandwagon last week. Not saying you're bad, you've just never left any kind of impression on me whatsoever, whereas cacti has left quite a positive and memorable one.

• Fire 2

Do you think that perpetual attention-seeking or overexaggerating in response to non-legit issues might itself by a legit issue? Sometimes kids just have no clue and haven't been taught how to process their emotions and thoughts and are starved for attention that they see everything in their life through the lens of, "How can I be seen through this?", which I think a lot of the time still hints at something serious underneath, even if the "issues" they are presenting don't really matter at all, you know?

Yea, kids, but in regard to this board, we're talking about grown men and some women (moraine). Posters on this board.

It is what it is. Some people are softer than others. My opinion is that some people need to get mentally tougher, and their lives will be better for it, mindset is never permanent. Either people continue to let their issues keep them soft or they take the necessary steps to move forward.

Of course you do..

I promise it has nothing to do with you. I enjoy kc, have for a while, and think he's been a great presence on this board.

I can't recall a single thing you've ever said before you started jumping on the "landlord sucks" bandwagon last week. Not saying you're bad, you've just never left any kind of impression on me whatsoever, whereas cacti has left quite a positive and memorable one.

As I already pointed out, my original post to Clemson was "tongue-in-cheek".... He was awfully sensitive too it, and I probably shouldn't have assumed he would recognize that, given that he and I have never interacted on the board. I didn't realize he was so invested in his internet reputation, and graphic design work. Hell, for all I know it's all he has going for him... So, my bad.

And I didn't jump on the "landlord sucks" bandwagon. I have long loathed your hypocrisy around here.... Jesus this, Jesus that.... Then bouts of anger, and vague vulgarity.... And after some thought, I did regret the type of aggression I came at you with after I learned of the whole Landlord "fund me" thing (I'm pretty sure I admitted this to you already).

• Fire 4

As I already pointed out, my original post to Clemson was "tongue-in-cheek".... He was awfully sensitive too it, and I probably shouldn't have assumed he would recognize that, given that he and I have never interacted on the board. I didn't realize he was so invested in his internet reputation, and graphic design work. Hell, for all I know it's all he has going for him... So, my bad.

I have no problem with the Clemson comment - as you said we haven't had much interaction here, so I shouldn't have taken it quite to heart. I just don't want to be thought of as a lesser poster because I'm on a Nebraska site. Just feel that I deserved a fair trial. Either way, water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

As far as the graphic design stuff, I'm trained & used to taking criticism, but only in a constructive manner, but it's definitely not all that I have going for me (beautiful wife, awesome son, etc.). For future reference, noone who does what I do will ever give a damn what you say about our work unless you can tell me why you hate it. That's the only way we can know what to switch up. Don't know if you care about all of that, but it may come in handy at some point in your future.

I have no problem with the Clemson comment - as you said we haven't had much interaction here, so I shouldn't have taken it quite to heart. I just don't want to be thought of as a lesser poster because I'm on a Nebraska site. Just feel that I deserved a fair trial. Either way, water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

As far as the graphic design stuff, I'm trained & used to taking criticism, but only in a constructive manner, but it's definitely not all that I have going for me (beautiful wife, awesome son, etc.). For future reference, noone who does what I do will ever give a damn what you say about our work unless you can tell me why you hate it. That's the only way we can know what to switch up. Don't know if you care about all of that, but it may come in handy at some point in your future.

Well I can't tell you why, because I don't hate it.... I was just being awfully sensitive :thumbs

I think some are missing the point on why the 3 were banned. Eric stated it perfectly in his post that he warned them of their behavior toward another poster and they backlashed at him for it. It would be like you stealing your sister's Cheetos and she goes and tells mom, mom tells you to stop and you tell her to F%ck Off.

• Fire 2

Yes, Stump. It appears some folks are still not registering what has happened. Rules were broken. Warned, and then mocked. So they were sent packing.

This is a free site. It's a privelege. Not a right. You dont pay anything for membership here. Hence. you dont just get to come here and do whatever you want. In trade for the best free message board on the web, you must follow rules. Yes, in a way Coach PowerT is right. Some folks need thicker skin. But the fact of the matter remains, they dont have it. And probably never will. Now, much like thicker skin would benefit them folks, coming to the realization that they may never aquire it will also benefit you. The old "it is what it is" approach. This is the world. Not everyone's the same hardass as you or me.

But back to the board issues... Just because folks need thicker skin doesnt mean rules were not broken-on multiple instances. Just because someone shoots someone who they thought was wearing a vest when they werent, doesnt mean it was ok to shoot them to begin with. Dont blame the victim. Blame the perp.

• Fire 3

I think some are missing the point on why the 3 were banned. Eric stated it perfectly in his post that he warned them of their behavior toward another poster and they backlashed at him for it. It would be like you stealing your sister's Cheetos and she goes and tells mom, mom tells you to stop and you tell her to F%ck Off.

I am not questioning the original 3 that were banned.

I am more curious by the real reason the others were banned shortly after. Some were banned for the same reason, but i think others were banned for other reasons.