Impact players from the recent recruiting class

Dagerow

I was surprised no one else (to my knowledge) started a thread on the impact the recent recruiting class will have at Nebraska, so I started this one up.

Immediate contributors:

Matt Snyder. Very talented and fits into Riley's scheme.

The Davis Brothers. This is due to the need at DE (yes I know they are largely considered DT) and thier talent.

One DB and one WR. I don't know which, but thier is a lot of talent recruited, and someone will break the two deep.

Mohammed. There is a need at LB and he appears the physically most ready. The other LB look very fast/explosive, but are very small for the Big 10 (and Young played RB mostly in high school so it will likely take a little more time).

Become starters/major contributors:

Davis twins, Barnett, Gaylord, Snyder, Talan, Morgan, Anderson, Lee, Mohammad, Young, and Williams.

A lot of speed and raw potential in this class.

• Fire 1

I would say CB Eric Lee and LB Dedrick Young will have the most immediate impact. Lee is the most field-ready and Young is a freak athlete at a position that is really thin. Both are already enrolled as well. Also, Matt Snyder has a good chance to play early.

Over their careers, I'd say those three and the Davis twins are at the top. The twins will have to wait their turn a little but will be have an impact when they get on the field. I also think Stanley Morgan will catch a lot of passes and I like the potential of our OLine.

I think Stanley, Eric Lee and Young or Barry will be on the field this year. Nothing against Burch and Reilly but Stanley is on another level talent wise. I think Lee will beat out Davie for one spot and Rose or CJax will man the other. I think Young or Barry will beat out either Santos or Banderas. Both might end up doing it for all we know.

Yeah, I was thinking either Eric Lee or Avery Anderson would fill Josh Mitchell's CB spot. Both very talented. And they're both on campus already. Thank you state of Colorado for two awesome recruits!

Another guy to maybe watch is DaiShon Neal. Jack Gangwish did a fine job at DE while Lord Randy was out this season. So Gangwish probly has the inside track at starting DE next fall. But I could see Neal making a push for play time at some point. I'll be surprised if they move either Khalil or Carlos Davis outside. They seem like natural DTs to me. /IMHO

I think one of the Davis Twins stays inside.

And how many WR would MR use on the typical set? If 3, then no major impacts. If 4, then it's plausible. Very deep at WR the next few years. Same with the DB's.

I agree with Mohammad, just can't have any major injuries at LB.

How long until BYU so I can watch these guys?

I think it could and possibly will be some one at RB or WR.

At RB we have Newby and Cross and of course Taylor. But none are proven to be able to carry a load (not their fault)

Wr's. This is where I am really not sold. We have Westy and DPE but after that who do we have that is proven to be able to be the man. Would be real easy for some of the incoming or redshirt guys to take a 3 or 4 spot at WR.

Just my opinion.

I think Stanley, Eric Lee and Young or Barry will be on the field this year. Nothing against Burch and Reilly but Stanley is on another level talent wise. I think Lee will beat out Davie for one spot and Rose or CJax will man the other. I think Young or Barry will beat out either Santos or Banderas. Both might end up doing it for all we know.

I feel like too many people are forgetting about Joshua Kalu at CB. I think him and Lee are the starters at the end of the year.

• Fire 1

I feel like too many people are forgetting about Joshua Kalu at CB. I think him and Lee are the starters at the end of the year.
I think you're right about Kalu.

Between Jackson, Kalu, and Davie I'm not sure if any true freshman will see a lot of time in the secondary. Just my opinion.

Linebacker is open for someone to step up. With the upgrade in speed that this class brings to the position, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches want to utilize some of it.

• Fire 1

I think you're right about Kalu.

Between Jackson, Kalu, and Davie I'm not sure if any true freshman will see a lot of time in the secondary. Just my opinion.

Linebacker is open for someone to step up. With the upgrade in speed that this class brings to the position, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches want to utilize some of it.

I guess i'm with you on Jackson, I think he has a big year

I love me some Kalu but he's more of a Safety by trade. Played the Nickel last year but I'm not sure if he's played on the outside much.