Terran Petteway's Mother Battling Cancer

Mavric

Petteway says he let his teammates know yesterday how he really felt about situation and it was a big weight off his shoulders. #Huskers

Said it was a big relief to tell team because he was dragging his team down.

Petteway just told team news about his mom, and said it was a big relief to get that off his chest. Said team gave him full support.

Petteway is an "emotions on his sleeve"type of guy. I get that some people think it brings the team down but i dont. I think his team knows the guy he is and they want to fight for him.

Everything i have ever read about TP is how he works harder than anyone else. He is always in the gym and that is where my frustration moves to Pitchford.

WP is a bigger cancer to this team than TP in terms of body language. Walter doesnt seem to care and i question his work ethic. He spends more time on O street than anywhere else.

I hope Terrans mom gets better, but if TP needs to take time of to be with her, i wont fault him. Family is 10 times more important.

Good luck to Terrans mom and his whole family.

God I feel like a complete assclown. I've been pretty hard on Teran's play, even to the point of thinking maybe he could be a Biggs II, in which his departure might be best for all. A lot of times you just dont know the context. Really curious to see how things go moving forward. And for the time being, screw basketball Teran. Think about your mom and this battle. We're all behind you, win, lose, or draw.

God I feel like a complete assclown. I've been pretty hard on Teran's play, even to the point of thinking maybe he could be a Biggs II, in which his departure might be best for all. A lot of times you just dont know the context. Really curious to see how things go moving forward. And for the time being, screw basketball Teran. Think about your mom and this battle. We're all behind you, win, lose, or draw.

I don't know why you would feel like an assclown. All you can do is base your criticism off of what you see. If the perspective comes later, then so be it.

Hopefully releasing this information will let him play better. And more importantly hopefully his mother recovers.

I don't know why you would feel like an assclown. All you can do is base your criticism off of what you see. If the perspective comes later, then so be it.

Hopefully releasing this information will let him play better. And more importantly hopefully his mother recovers.

No. I feel like an assclown

But anyway. I also give major props to Petteway also for not talking about this earlier. Not using it as a chance to make an excuse a while back. He shoved this down and was holding himself accountable in the face of tremendous circumstances.

It's unfortunate that this is happening to TP's mother and TP. I can see why this has affected his play and his temperament on the floor. I have been critical of his play this year, but this shows why he has been "off" for most of the season. When we are fans, we don't know what all of these kids (I call them kids, as I am nearly 20 years older than them) are going through on a day to day basis. It looks like a good life to be a college athlete, but they have to juggle school, sports, and be a good representative of the University. That's a lot to ask for from these kids. Throw in the fact that TP may lose his mother, I can see how this would impact his behavior. TP is a Husker, as am I. GO BIG RED!!!

But anyway. I also give major props to Petteway also for not talking about this earlier. Not using it as a chance to make an excuse a while back. He shoved this down and was holding himself accountable in the face of tremendous circumstances.

I think it's pretty interesting that seemingly none - definitely most - of the other players didn't know. Not knocking on Petteway at all because everyone handles things differently and he's entitled to handle it however he wants. But it makes me wonder how close he is to the rest of the team. Those are guys that he spends a lot of time with and has for a couple years. If he doesn't even feel like he can tell them, that seems odd to me - for lack of a better term.

I think it's pretty interesting that seemingly none - definitely most - of the other players didn't know. Not knocking on Petteway at all because everyone handles things differently and he's entitled to handle it however he wants. But it makes me wonder how close he is to the rest of the team. Those are guys that he spends a lot of time with and has for a couple years. If he doesn't even feel like he can tell them, that seems odd to me - for lack of a better term.

You got a point. I never even thought about that particular dynamic. Very interesting.