Is the sharpshooter cheney a husker fan?

Yes, biggest ever.  Becuase Clinton didn't f#*k someone besides his wife and lie about it.  And I seem to remember something about a Watergate Scandal.  But you got it Bush sucks.  :wtf

Bush is Awesome, how about a little respect for the Commander-in-Chief, you can't honestly tell me this country would be better off with Kerry in the house.

Although I dislike Jim Rome, I'm going to quote him. He said he doesn't care who's in the white house, as long as there smarter than him....and man, Bush isn't smarter than a friggin mouse.

:yeah

Bush is a bumbling idiot. Redman just provided ample proof.

Got a question for you, Drewalt. Could Kerry have done any worse?

I am not a ultra liberal.I am an avid outdoorsman and a commercial fisherman.So just my profession goes against the hard lefts beliefs.I am also a big advocate of the seperation of church and state and strongly against government intrusion into our private lives ,which both of these things seem to be making a comeback.Both sides have thier extremist factions and the right wing ones are effecting peoples lives more than some SUV burning hippies are.This administration has blatently disregarded the wishes of a majority of the american people to appease a minority of wealthy business people and evangelical christian groups.How anyone could still trust this president and his croanies is beyond me.

Yes, biggest ever.  Becuase Clinton didn't f#*k someone besides his wife and lie about it.  And I seem to remember something about a Watergate Scandal.  But you got it Bush sucks.  :wtf

Bush is Awesome, how about a little respect for the Commander-in-Chief, you can't honestly tell me this country would be better off with Kerry in the house.

Although I dislike Jim Rome, I'm going to quote him. He said he doesn't care who's in the white house, as long as there smarter than him....and man, Bush isn't smarter than a friggin mouse.

Even Speedy's phlegmatic friend Slow-mo?

slowpoke.jpg

Yes, biggest ever. Becuase Clinton didn't f#*k someone besides his wife and lie about it. And I seem to remember something about a Watergate Scandal. But you got it Bush sucks. :wtf

Ahem actually its the Whitewater scandal. Nixon was involved in the Watergate one, unless Clinton got blamed for that as well! I think Cheney is a boob and Bush is a puppet and will continue to think that until they are out of office.

Bush has made our economy go to crap. That's just the beginning of what his direct impact has screwed this country over. Milk , gas ,clothes EVERYTHING costs way more than they did pre Bush. Who likes to pay $2 plus for a freaking gallon of gas?You know Bush has good ol boys in Texas that are in the petroleum business that are lining their pockets big time.

To sum it up. Bush sucks IMO. I'm not anti America, I'm anti idiot. Here's to hoping that the next president can begin to repair some of the damage left behind by the mess known as G.W. Bush.

I don't know who would do a better job, but it is very easy to say that b/c Bush has f'ed things up so bad we don't even know what a good President is anymore. Man, I know that Clinton did something pretty dumb, but the economy was great and pretty much everything was under control. Being a teacher, Bush is a complete moron that keeps screwing over the schools.....along with MANY other things. If you are rich and own a business you are his favorite. If you are a hard-working American in the middle class he hates you and screws you over as much as he can.

I wish both sides would come together and realize that they need to work together to run this great country. Maybe some day, but not until Monkey Bush is out of the office.

Being a teacher, Bush is a complete moron that keeps screwing over the schools.....along with MANY other things. If you are rich and own a business you are his favorite. If you are a hard-working American in the middle class he hates you and screws you over as much as he can.

:yeah I am not a republican or democrat. I have both liberal and consevative views. I have voted for both republicans and democrats in the past. This being said, I truly do not understand the loyalty many have to Bush/Cheney. Bush won the last election (or I should say received votes)for 3 maybe 4 reasons.

- The first being protection and revenge. At the point of the last election, Bush had much of the U.S. population snoolered into believing that Saddam and Iraq were responsible for the 9/11 attacks. This is absolutely false (the attackers were from Egypt and Saudi Arabia). There was also a much known hatred between Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Ladden. But people wanted revenge and would follow Bush to attack Iraq. When the truth came out, Bush changed his rhetoric to "Saddam is a tyrant and we must free the people of Iraq". Many think he will protect the U.S. from a terrorist attack where as we are much more apt to attack and more suspect to attacks because of Bush. He actually cut funding for INS. Instead of making a smaller group of middle-easterners dislike us, he is working on most.

- The second reason is Theology. Bush, with the help of his evil genious Karl Rove, picked a very opportune time to bring up the gay-marriage debate. Bush "the one God speaks to" knew that this argument would bring out the Christian base, unite them, and win their votes. The debate would also take attention away from all of his his other mishaps. They bought it, and it worked beautifully. People actually voted for Bush because he is religious. Being religious can be a good thing, but not when it is used as a tool and less as a guide. Would Christ support this war? Would Christ support the cutting of benefits so the wealthy could get richer. Anyone who voted for Bush based on religion needs to re-examine their understanding of the teachings of Christ.

- The third reason is party. All I will say on this matter is this: If you vote for anyone simply because they are an elephant or a donkey, re-invest your time. Know why you are voting. Do not vote for someone because they are who your parents voted for. You were given a mind, use it. See through party-loyal propoganda and seek truth.

I could vent on this $hit all day, but I will spare you all any more of it. My apologies...

Redman

First a diclaimer: I'm open to all sorts of weird sh#t, politics in no exeption. I don't play favorites becuase of what my parents taught me or because I'm a die hard Elephant. And is it just me or does every college in the free world teach kids to think Liberally. And if you say 'no they dont' bullsh#t.

That being said, we all make mistakes, The vice Pres. is no different. I mean how often do we see something like this played out? Just laugh a little.

And Bush has had more hurdles to jump in his presidency than any other president, with an exeption to FDR. And he didn't do THAT bad of a job. And Kerry would have been no better, he's Kerry for godsake.

Just, my opinon

And I love the huskers as much as anybody, so lets not start a War over Politics shall we?

And is it just me or does every college in the free world teach kids to think Liberally.  And if you say 'no they dont' bullsh#t.

If by "liberally", you mean trying to teach students free thinking, to think outside the mainstream, and to consider all groups, than yes they do. Most educational avenues are very much liberal, but many of the students especially in the midwest, are raised to be conservative. This being said, education should not necessarily be the teaching of one system of understandings. It should be the showing many different views, options, and philosophies as partaining to a certian discipline. By teaching many different views, options, and philosophies one needs to implement a more liberal line of thinking to the students and the course. Whether a student chooses to assimilate to these is their own decision. Most college instructors are liberal because they have chosen to understand and educate themselves on a variety of philosophies (one must in order teach effectively). Most educators are democrats, for the democrats actually increase educational funding and not make cuts in education like the Reagan, Bush Sr., and W. Bush administrations have done.

That being said, we all make mistakes, The vice Pres. is no different.  I mean how often do we see something like this played out?  Just laugh a little.

I did laugh and still am. Yes it was a mistake. I hope people would not think the VP would intentionally shoot his friend in the face. The way it played out with the hours after the shooting is what is the most controversial part of the whole situation.

And Bush has had more hurdles to jump in his presidency than any other president, with an exeption to FDR.  And he didn't do THAT bad of a job.  And Kerry would have been no better

Most were self created hurdles. He could not control the weather, but he did appoint his buddy with no experience as leader of FEMA and cut their budget a few months prior. It was he who appointed Tom Delay to a position that he was not qualified. Also, if you remember, this was a war created by Bush and had no ties to 9/11. It is common knowledge now that Bush had plans to enter Iraq long before 9/11. Any comparison between FDR and Bush is simply laughable.

You, and others, have no idea how Kerry would have been as president. All views are purely speculation with no evidence to lead to any conclusive or factual decision. He may have done well or he may have done bad, we will never know. So any Kerry vs. Bush argument is pretty much void of any solid base. An opinion, most likely, based on the dislike of democrats and liberals.

And I love the huskers as much as anybody, so lets not start a War over Politics shall we?

Yes, we all love the Huskers. No war, just a nice discussion. I make no personal attacks towards anyone on the Board. Plus, nobody here can gain any oil money from this discussion, so why would we start a war?

And is it just me or does every college in the free world teach kids to think Liberally.  And if you say 'no they dont' bullsh#t.

If by "liberally", you mean trying to teach students free thinking, to think outside the mainstream, and to consider all groups, than yes they do. Most educational avenues are very much liberal, but many of the students especially in the midwest, are raised to be conservative. This being said, education should not necessarily be the teaching of one system of understandings. It should be the showing many different views, options, and philosophies as partaining to a certian discipline. By teaching many different views, options, and philosophies one needs to implement a more liberal line of thinking to the students and the course. Whether a student chooses to assimilate to these is their own decision. Most college instructors are liberal because they have chosen to understand and educate themselves on a variety of philosophies (one must in order teach effectively). Most educators are democrats, for the democrats actually increase educational funding and not make cuts in education like the Reagan, Bush Sr., and W. Bush administrations have done.

That being said, we all make mistakes, The vice Pres. is no different.  I mean how often do we see something like this played out?  Just laugh a little.

I did laugh and still am. Yes it was a mistake. I hope people would not think the VP would intentionally shoot his friend in the face. The way it played out with the hours after the shooting is what is the most controversial part of the whole situation.

And Bush has had more hurdles to jump in his presidency than any other president, with an exeption to FDR.  And he didn't do THAT bad of a job.  And Kerry would have been no better

Most were self created hurdles. He could not control the weather, but he did appoint his buddy with no experience as leader of FEMA and cut their budget a few months prior. It was he who appointed Tom Delay to a position that he was not qualified. Also, if you remember, this was a war created by Bush and had no ties to 9/11. It is common knowledge now that Bush had plans to enter Iraq long before 9/11. Any comparison between FDR and Bush is simply laughable.

You, and others, have no idea how Kerry would have been as president. All views are purely speculation with no evidence to lead to any conclusive or factual decision. He may have done well or he may have done bad, we will never know. So any Kerry vs. Bush argument is pretty much void of any solid base. An opinion, most likely, based on the dislike of democrats and liberals.

Yes, we all love the Huskers. No war, just a nice discussion. I make no personal attacks towards anyone on the Board. Plus, nobody here can gain any oil money from this discussion, so why would we start a war?

What's always interesting is this push of patriotism we have in some areas of the country. "We must stand for the pledge", "we must sing patriotic songs", "we must tell all the great stories of Americans". Why do we have to force feed all of this to our kids? If the country is great, that will naturally come out. The framework is there, but people easily forget what is required of them by the framework.

- The third reason is party. All I will say on this matter is this: If you vote for anyone simply because they are an elephant or a donkey, re-invest your time. Know why you are voting. Do not vote for someone because they are who your parents voted for. You were given a mind, use it. See through party-loyal propoganda and seek truth.

:yeah

Great advice

GBR!!!