GT: Iowa at Nebraska - 2PM - BTN

So...he threw his entire team under the bus (yes, he did) and he got smoked by 30 at home...and it is the same team as last year...

No it's not. NU lost Ray Gallegos and assistant coach Craig Smith. At least Ray could hit threes and Craig could coach some offense. Pretty facilities and happy coach tweets are fun and all, but they don't win games by themselves.

So...he threw his entire team under the bus (yes, he did) and he got smoked by 30 at home...and it is the same team as last year...

The boys can't put the ball in the hoop and they turn the ball over.

Just curious, what can Miles do?

If you think someone else should be playing, who and why?

I think you play anyone else. The starters right now suck. And if your bench players aren't good enough to play on a sucky team, then you are screwed either way. might as well try anything to light a spark.

I think you play anyone else. The starters right now suck. And if your bench players aren't good enough to play on a sucky team, then you are screwed either way. might as well try anything to light a spark.

This. If they're going to act like they don't care, try someone else. I mean, it can't get much worse. I bet if you put Menke and Kurkowski in you'd at least see effort.

No it's not. NU lost Ray Gallegos and assistant coach Craig Smith. At least Ray could hit threes and Craig could coach some offense. Pretty facilities and happy coach tweets are fun and all, but they don't win games by themselves.

I get that it is not the same exact team...but again...if you have 4/5 starters back from a dancing team and the only starter gone averaged 7 points a game...well most coaches would be rock hard about that.

Plus...it is his 3rd year...why doesn't he have any of his recruits playing at all? No sophomores?

Plus...it is his 3rd year...why doesn't he have any of his recruits playing at all? No sophomores?

Well, the transfers (Petteway, Pitchford) are his "recruits" and Leslee Smith was a Juco recruit. Tarin Smith is also playing a lot of minutes for a true freshman. There was also that PG from Omaha Central who he kicked off the team from last year.

There are some of his recruits. Smith is playing a decent amount and Fuller got some run yesterday.

But I pointed out the same thing earlier. If the guys he was "stuck" with are so bad, why haven't more of his recruits jumped in front of them?

Well, the transfers (Petteway, Pitchford) are his "recruits" and Leslee Smith was a Juco recruit. Tarin Smith is also playing a lot of minutes for a true freshman. There was also that PG from Omaha Central who he kicked off the team from last year.

Exactly...so here is the point...he is either playing his guys (mostly) and they are horrible...or he has not manged to find one recruit that can replace the amazing production of Ray and his 7 points.

There are some of his recruits. Smith is playing a decent amount and Fuller got some run yesterday.

But I pointed out the same thing earlier. If the guys he was "stuck" with are so bad, why haven't more of his recruits jumped in front of them?

Petteway and Pitchford are also guys Miles recruited as transfers. TP was All-Conference last year, and Pitchford was solid last year. This year, they have been disappointing. Other than Shields, I am not sure what "leftover" guys are playing a ton of minutes.

That is a great question.

Petteway and Pitchford are also guys Miles recruited as transfers. TP was All-Conference last year, and Pitchford was solid last year. This year, they have been disappointing. Other than Shields, I am not sure what "leftover" guys are playing a ton of minutes.

Shields and Rivers is it. Everyone else playing are Miles' guys.

Shields and Rivers is it. Everyone else playing are Miles' guys.

I think Miles will be the first to say that it has taken him a few years to see what type of athlete is needed in the Big Ten. He has taken some transfers in to help right away. Sometimes those guys pan out, sometimes they don't. At this point, Andrew White better be a super stud player to make the team significantly better. It will be tough to depend on freshmen in 2016.

I think Miles is safe for 2016, but if he doesn't make or get close to the big dance in 2017, he may be gone.