A random "what if?"

Redux

You want to talk about that friggin moron, your going to get the same crap every single time.

This is appropriate. You brought it up, I give my opinions on him, God knows I have heard about him day in and day out for over 7 years and thought possibly it would end. But Bo ticks keep bringing him up, like he was wronged, that he left solely because he lost games, did not win championships. That was not the case. He left because he was a low life, that worked the system to get millions for doing a crap job, and were still paying him millions.

The other guy left for losing games, nothing more. The latter left for losing game, for trying to turn the program into a seething cesspool of hate and disloyalty. Destroying an image of doing things the right way. You want to talk about him. I don't.

If I had any desire to talk with you, I would have mentioned it. Just drop the crap of poor Bo and we are fine.

You will get my same response each and every time you start a thread like this, and if I remember right there have been a few while he was here.

What it boils down to, we won what we were supposed to and lost what we were supposed to. That is life. It is not all about winning and losing. Nebraska is more than that. You are a Nebraska football, or Pelini fan not sure. I am a fan of Nebraska and how the University does things. Wins and losses are important, but have nothing to do with me being a fan or supporter of the University. Bo Pelini had everything to do with me being a fan, and the distaste was continuous.

BC did not turn out well for Nebraska, but did he ever say a negative word that anyone heard about Nebraska. Ever. He tried and he failed, he left. Ane he is one of the most hated people around by Nebraska fan.

Yet the other one has worked against Nebraska numerous times, made terrible comments about the program, the fans and the direction of the program. He is still considered a great guy that got the shaft by the AD.

Which one should be talked about and which one shouldn't?

Honorable heads up departure, or a disloyal whining frippen baby.

The "screw Bo rant" will never be obsolete. We still talk about Callahan after all these years so it would be silly to assume Bo won't be the topic of many discussions in the future. Especially when you consider all the great things Bo gave us to sh#t on him for.

I dont have a problem with him being the topic of a negative discussion. He failed to get us where we need to be and he is gone and it was justified. Then he left on crappy terms, his choice.

But I also think we should be able to discuss events that happened during his tenure without crying about him as a person.

Also, if we want to go into the "married and talking about an old girlfriend" analogy, there's not really anything wrong with that. My last relationship ended with a fantastic fiery trainwreck, but I still remember and try to take away the good from it - going to festivals, her awesome family and how they made me feel at home, the road trips, how I felt in the good times, etc.

But for someone that supposedly has no desire to talk about Bo and or to talk to redux, skersfan sure seems to be doing a lot of both.

• Fire 1

Because instead of offering an opinion on the hypothetical he jumped in with the same tired "screw Bo" rant that went obsolete in December. Basically saying that to even mention his name is taboo.

Can we start calling it taBO? We might as well start calling it something. As True said the "screw Bo" rant will never be obsolete. Neither will the notion of bringing up stuff from the last 7 years.

Anyway, regardless of the few that may want to punch others for even thinking about bringing up anything within the last 7 years, I enjoyed the conversation. As I am sure some others have. I said that already, so I'm being all redundant and crap.

• Fire 1

Saying Bo let us down will never be obsolete. Thats a fact. But listing a bunch of reasons why he shouldnt be a coach is obsolete. He is no longer our coach. So unless you find a Penguin Board the bullet points for his dismissal dont do much good here. And, I dont personally feel he is the spawn of satan