O8n7o.png

Twitter

Rivals: #40 WDE; :star :star :star
247: #254 Overall; #18 WDE; :star :star :star :star
Scout: #65 DE; :star :star :star
ESPN: #281 Overall; #37 DE; :star :star :star :star

Hudl

• Upvote 1

Fairly certain I check his Twitter when we offered and it wasn't there.

He also RT'ed Riley several days ago when he tweeted "Another young man just realized that there is no place like Nebraska! #GBR"... which we all said referred to William Johnson.

Maybe somebody hacked his twitter page :dunno

Sounds like something Wifi would do.
  • Upvote 2

Says Nebraska is his main interest. Not visiting and mom wanting him to take things slow keeping him from committing. Looking to visit this summer.

Also considering Iowa, Rutgers, Arizona State and Pittsburgh.

Bray working on him hard. We're recruiting him at OLB.

Is he a silent Husker commit? Check out his Twitter page: https://twitter.com/king_quay_23

Twitter background is Huskers. Location says: NJ|Lincoln, NE

He has retweeted a bunch of Nebraska stuff.

Very interesting.

Everything but a silent commit.

And you get a +1 on every post I see for awhile.

Is he a silent Husker commit? Check out his Twitter page: https://twitter.com/king_quay_23

Twitter background is Huskers. Location says: NJ|Lincoln, NE

He has retweeted a bunch of Nebraska stuff.

Very interesting.

Everything but a silent commit.

And you get a +1 on every post I see for awhile.

Agreed, great find. +1

Says Nebraska is his main interest. Not visiting and mom wanting him to take things slow keeping him from committing. Looking to visit this summer.

Always worries me when Mom is a major factor and the kid is from a ways away.

Always worries me when Mom is a major factor and the kid is from a ways away.

Agree. But I didn't take it as she was against him coming here. Just he should at least visit first and also take some time to look around.

"My mom isn't too onboard with it - but I think it's because of past recruiting woes because of my brother (Kiy Hester) transferring from Miami back to Rutgers - so she just wants me to make sure it's the right decision for me," he said. "Personally I really feel like it's something I want and I'm not going to back out of and I'm going to talk to her about it and try to get her on board."

"I'm hoping it could be within the coming days to be honest," he said. "I'm just that pumped about Nebraska. That's the place for me. I've never been so confident about something before. I really do feel like it's going to come to pass."

Did he grow up a fan or just a fan of the staff? Almost sounds too good to be true. Seems to be more excited to be a Husker than some in-state kids

I have a feeling a few phone calls with coach Riley and mom might feel a little better

I think if he commits, might put a little heat on stille and Fant. Even though he is going to play "LB"

I say this because I think he ends up at DE. He is 6'2 and 230 almost, good chance he grows more. He had 19.5 sacks last year, according to a report I saw somewhere. Guy likes to get after the QB, not sure about his coverage skills as an OLB.

About time we started to get guys out of NJ again.

RSS is reporting that he committed tonight. Take it fwiw.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like we need to get Mom on campus to make this thing concrete.

The fact that Quayshon has not committed is likely a mom issue. It may be a distance problem, but more likely, she saw how recruiting and the college experience away from home went for her older son (going to Miami but transferring back home to Rutgers) and wants Quayshon to have a better experience. Riley is going to have to sell to her that Nebraska will take good care of her son.

• Upvote 1

The fact that Quayshon has not committed is likely a mom issue. It may be a distance problem, but more likely, she saw how recruiting and the college experience away from home went for her older son (going to Miami but transferring back home to Rutgers) and wants Quayshon to have a better experience. Riley is going to have to sell to her that Nebraska will take good care of her son.

I don't think there is a coach in the country that can do this better than Riley. How he takes an interest in the person, how he mentors his players outside of football, how he tells them to pick a school based on becoming a man and based on things outside of football, how he teaches what really matters in life. Riley is the man for this job.

• Upvote 1

@PatLanniHS: DePaul's Quayshon Alexander said he will be making his verbal commitment to Nebraska on Monday http://t.co/JwXoNmzvgV http://t.co/SxoRmobxSG

In the article, it does clearly state that he is going to continue to take official visits to other schools, just to make sure he made the right decision. Makes sense, however it will be interesting to see if the early commitment holds.

@PatLanniHS: DePaul's Quayshon Alexander said he will be making his verbal commitment to Nebraska on Monday http://t.co/JwXoNmzvgV http://t.co/SxoRmobxSG

In the article, it does clearly state that he is going to continue to take official visits to other schools, just to make sure he made the right decision. Makes sense, however it will be interesting to see if the early commitment holds.

I find it interesting, but more because of his willingness to commit without seeing the place. That's unusual for Nebraska at this time.

So wait, he said he is committing but not until Monday? Is that to do some live announcement or does that give him a few days to smooth things over with Mom?

Either way glad to have him. Just wish we could get them both on campus so they could see together that he is making the right choice.

He sounds like he is saying all of the right things. But he hasn't even visited the campus. Until that happens, excitement needs to be moderate.

How does this commit impact class ranking?

Provided that no team ahead of us get a commit before we do, we would move from about #36 to #30 or so.

How does this commit impact class ranking?

Provided that no team ahead of us get a commit before we do, we would move from about #36 to #30 or so.

Thank goodness. I was so worried about our class ranking 9 months before it's actually set in stone.

• Upvote 2