How good is your crystal ball?

If you look at our staff we have improved at every single position.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Cavanaugh > Garrison + Cotton

Williams > Fisher

Davis > Brown (only one I went back and forth on)

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Read > Els (One of Els dozen hats)

Is that Science?

I would like to see Langsdorf call some games for us before I say he is better than Beck. Ohio State hired him for a reason.
As a position coach with no play calling duties

Okay but still. Lets see if Langsdorf is actually better at calling plays. From what I understand he didn't call a lot at Oregon St.

Helps when your HC is an offensive guy

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

I would like to see Langsdorf call some games for us before I say he is better than Beck. Ohio State hired him for a reason.

Okay but still. Lets see if Langsdorf is actually better at calling plays. From what I understand he didn't call a lot at Oregon St.

So how is Langsdorf better than Beck then?

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

Knock it off! It's Science that you clearly don't understand! Not his fault.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

Knock it off! It's Science that you clearly don't understand! Not his fault.

Excuse us while the grown ups are talking...

• Fire 2

I hate to say it, but I'm going with 5-7

that good? Youre comin around faster than i thought.

I'd like to hear which 7 teams are even capable of beating us next year...

All 12 that we play if we play like crap, but I digress.

Talent alone should win us 8 or so. If I had to guess at the 7 he is predicting: BYU, Miami, Wiscy, Minny, Sparty, Iowa and Rutgers.

Anytime anyone says something like 5-7 for a record for NU in 2015, I just shake my head. That is not even being realistic. NU should be no worse than they were last year. They have too much talent to lose that many games. The only teams that will out talent them on the schedule are Miami and maybe MSU. Mike Riley would have to be completely incompetent to lose that many games with that much talent.

I really don't understand all the hand wringing about BYU either. Tasim Hill may not even be ready to play by the beginning of the season and if he does play it will not be at the level as before the injury. Think Matt Herian type of a break. Count in the 10 or so players suspended because of the brawl at their bowl game, combined with the fact that BYU will have no idea what they are getting from Nebraska I just don't see a loss. BYU will be decent, but not some world beater juggernaut.

As far as the OP goes, I thought BC was a bad hire, but I supported him because that what you do. I wanted him to be successful, but he was too much of an NFL coach. He treated the team and the game like he was building to get to the Super Bowl in 5 years. That is why he wasn't successful. The NFL just recycles coaches around and around. You get fired one place, you show up at another team the next year as OC or DC and the cycle begins again. The college and pro methods of managing a team are completely different.

I was excited for BP to take over. His first three years I thought they played pretty well. They overachieved in my eyes in those first 3 years. Then they underachieved in the last 4 years. What happened? IMO the job was too much for him. He wasn't comfortable in the spot light he didn't understand how to get the media on his side and eventually just wore out his welcome. He stagnated his last couple of years.

I think Riley will do well here. I don't know how many if any CCG he will win. OSU is head and shoulders better than everyone in the conference right now. That will a big obstacle to overcome.

• Fire 1

Talent alone should win us 8 or so. If I had to guess at the 7 he is predicting: BYU, Miami, Wiscy, Minny, Sparty, Iowa and Rutgers.

BYU could beat us if we don't play well. It should be a fun game.

South Alabama is a gimme.

@Miami will be a showdown. We played so well against them last year. If we can show up like that, no doubt we should beat them on their turf.

Southern Miss is another gimme.

@Illinois is another gimme.

Wisconsin at home with a new coach, MG gone, should be a even playing field for Nebraska.

@Minnesota yes we have struggled recently with Minnesota, but it has a heck of a lot more to do with what we do, than what they do.

Northwestern yet again, should be another cake walk.

@Purdue This should be another easy win, which makes 5 already!

Michigan St at home is a bright spot. I realize it's all new coaching, but our players have done a nice job against MSU in the past, hope that continues.

Rutgers Why is this one a predicted loss? We dominated them last year and didn't even play well. Just because they got your boy K Lewis? Whatever

Iowa We should be able to expose Iowa for what they really are.

I can't believe anyone would predict 7 losses next year, what a knot head.

I see anything from 7-5 to 12-0. I'm betting 10-2 with a showdown with Ohio State for a chance at the B10 Title.

BYU could beat us if we don't play well. It should be a fun game.

South Alabama is a gimme.

@Miami will be a showdown. We played so well against them last year. If we can show up like that, no doubt we should beat them on their turf.

Southern Miss is another gimme.

@Illinois is another gimme.

Wisconsin at home with a new coach, MG gone, should be a even playing field for Nebraska.

@Minnesota yes we have struggled recently with Minnesota, but it has a heck of a lot more to do with what we do, than what they do.

Northwestern yet again, should be another cake walk.

@Purdue This should be another easy win, which makes 5 already!

Michigan St at home is a bright spot. I realize it's all new coaching, but our players have done a nice job against MSU in the past, hope that continues.

Rutgers Why is this one a predicted loss? We dominated them last year and didn't even play well. Just because they got your boy K Lewis? Whatever

Iowa We should be able to expose Iowa for what they really are.

I can't believe anyone would predict 7 losses next year, what a knot head.

I see anything from 7-5 to 12-0. I'm betting 10-2 with a showdown with Ohio State for a chance at the B10 Title.

BYU could beat us

We should beat South Alabama

Miami could beat us at home. They were playing a lot better at the end of the year last year.

We should beat Southern Miss

We should beat Illinois

I won't believe we can beat Wisconsin until we do.

Minnesota has definitely been beating us by what they do. Sound football.

Up until last year, NW has played us close. Not a gimmie.

We should beat Purdue

No reason to believe we will beat Michigan St

We should be beat Rutgers

The last 2 wins against Iowa were close and the one loss wasn't. No guarantee win.

So there are only 5 games that anyone would feel good about maybe using ink to call a win.

5 toss ups

2 losses

BYU- With their QB a ?, I expect them to struggle a bit not knowing what kind of team we will be fielding. The suspended players wont matter, most will be backups. We should win.

S. Alabama- Easy beatdown win.

@ Miami- I dont know honestly. Golden is Jeckyll and Hyde at times. Its a big rematch game for them, they should play pretty amped at home. Riley will need a stellar gameplan. This ones a tossup.

S. Miss- Easy beatdown win.

@Illinois- Could give us early trouble if we play slow, in the end a double digit win.

Wisconsin- 2 new coaches make this a tossup, giving us an extremely slight edge for home field advantage. Their players know how to beat us though so it may be more on them knowing what we struggle with more so than stellar coaching. Going to be close if we pull it out. Tossup.

@Minny- I dont like losing to them at all. Taylors last game, and last year my Brothers first attended game. Really need to smoke these fools. I think we do so this time around. Win.

NW- Unless they pull a QB outta thin air they are going to get slaughtered in Lincoln this time around. Double digit win.

@Purdue- Perennial doormat with one big upset a season, I don't think it's against us, do they play tOSU this year? It's usully saved for them. Double digit win.

Sparty- I honestly don't know what to think of them. I truly expect a dropo ff this year but they still have the means to knock us around for funsies. Even though this is in Lincoln I think they beat us, we give them a run but fall short. Loss.

@Rutgers- Being a road game and having just battled Sparty this could be our trap game. I think we win it but it's closer than you would expect. Win.

Iowa- Home game but theyll want revenge. We get a week off before hand though. Comfortable win in second half.

Lets see my prediction gives us 9 wins, 1 loss and 2 tossups. Lets say we beat Wiscy and lose to Miami. That puts us at 10-2 on the year with a 7-1 conference record. That should send us to Indy to play tOSU. Definitely not a playoff chance for us but none too shabby.

BYU- With their QB a ?, I expect them to struggle a bit not knowing what kind of team we will be fielding. The suspended players wont matter, most will be backups. We should win.

S. Alabama- Easy beatdown win.

@ Miami- I dont know honestly. Golden is Jeckyll and Hyde at times. Its a big rematch game for them, they should play pretty amped at home. Riley will need a stellar gameplan. This ones a tossup.

S. Miss- Easy beatdown win.

@Illinois- Could give us early trouble if we play slow, in the end a double digit win.

Wisconsin- 2 new coaches make this a tossup, giving us an extremely slight edge for home field advantage. Their players know how to beat us though so it may be more on them knowing what we struggle with more so than stellar coaching. Going to be close if we pull it out. Tossup.

@Minny- I dont like losing to them at all. Taylors last game, and last year my Brothers first attended game. Really need to smoke these fools. I think we do so this time around. Win.

NW- Unless they pull a QB outta thin air they are going to get slaughtered in Lincoln this time around. Double digit win.

@Purdue- Perennial doormat with one big upset a season, I don't think it's against us, do they play tOSU this year? It's usully saved for them. Double digit win.

Sparty- I honestly don't know what to think of them. I truly expect a dropo ff this year but they still have the means to knock us around for funsies. Even though this is in Lincoln I think they beat us, we give them a run but fall short. Loss.

@Rutgers- Being a road game and having just battled Sparty this could be our trap game. I think we win it but it's closer than you would expect. Win.

Iowa- Home game but theyll want revenge. We get a week off before hand though. Comfortable win in second half.

Lets see my prediction gives us 9 wins, 1 loss and 2 tossups. Lets say we beat Wiscy and lose to Miami. That puts us at 10-2 on the year with a 7-1 conference record. That should send us to Indy to play tOSU. Definitely not a playoff chance for us but none too shabby.

So going 11-2, winning the B10, defeating Wisconsin, Miami, Minnesota and Iowa and Ohio State wouldn't put us in the conversation for Final 4? I disagree.

For one I dont think we are quite yet on par to beat the Buckeyes but who knows. I would say that a 10-2 Nebraska knocking off an undefeated or 1 loss tOSU in the title game would probably eliminate the Big Ten from the playoff. Strong chance there could be a couple undefeated's and or 1 loss conference champions. There are only 4 spots after all and the Big Ten would need a stellar season to justify a 2 loss team getting in.

But really Im not even worried about making the playoffs yet. Im not even really thinking about winning the conference. Im just excited to see what we are going to be as a team.

For one I dont think we are quite yet on par to beat the Buckeyes but who knows. I would say that a 10-2 Nebraska knocking off an undefeated or 1 loss tOSU in the title game would probably eliminate the Big Ten from the playoff. Strong chance there could be a couple undefeated's and or 1 loss conference champions. There are only 4 spots after all and the Big Ten would need a stellar season to justify a 2 loss team getting in.

But really Im not even worried about making the playoffs yet. Im not even really thinking about winning the conference. Im just excited to see what we are going to be as a team.

Fair enough. I guess I was just saying that with the presumption that we beat OSU in the B10 Championship. It would be interesting and would depend on how the other conferences were... If it were same scenario and Baylor and TCU both had 2 losses, it would be Nebraska over both of them.