How good is your crystal ball?

If you look at our staff we have improved at every single position.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Cavanaugh > Garrison + Cotton

Williams > Fisher

Davis > Brown (only one I went back and forth on)

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Read > Els (One of Els dozen hats)

8-4 would be admirable, we ain't deep nowhere.

DB, WR, DT are all deep. After that I agree.

Ummmm Running Backs?

Idk, I go back and forth with our RB's.

I see one transferring. Somedays I like Cross, other days I don't see him as more than as a one trick pony. Wilbon and Taylor are guys I get excited about. Newby, not so much.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

I hope during the Spring Game, BTN uses this as a graphic to prove how much better our Staff is...

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

I would like to see Langsdorf call some games for us before I say he is better than Beck. Ohio State hired him for a reason.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

I would like to see Langsdorf call some games for us before I say he is better than Beck. Ohio State hired him for a reason.

HEY NOW BUSTER. A lot of thought went into that post!

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

HEY NOW BUSTER. A lot of thought went into that post!

Clearly

• Fire 1

Before Callahan was even hired I got the feeling that whoever got the job wouldn't last long. Even if they hired someone who ran a similar offense the o under Solich was so bad it wouldn't work out, and if they brought someone in who did something completely different the learning curve would be too steep and that wouldn't work either.

Still, I thought we would sneak into a bowl game our first year. I ended up liking Callahan, or at least his O, but in the end I had to admit it wasn't working.

Like everyone else I liked the Pelini hire, I remember the opening press conference. He seemed so genuine, I really wanted him to succeed, but as I watched I remember thinking "he has no idea what he's in for, he's gonna get chewed up and spit out". Pelini lasted longer than I thought he would, exceeded my expectations. I don't remember what my expectation was for the first year, but the team was so bad the year before I was just hoping for a winning record and a bowl game. Pelini exceeded my hopes but as time wore on I really disliked the guy, not the coach, the guy, just rubbed me the wrong way.

This year I'm again hoping for just a bowl game. I think people will be calling for Reilys head before we even get into conference play, but I really like the guy. Worst case, I see him being like a Doc Sadler, someone I really really like and want to do well but in the end it just isn't working out. Best case scenario he pulls a Devaney, gets things rolling and turns the reigns over to a young promising assistant.

As for my prediction for next year, my crystal ball sucks. The only outcome that would surprise me would be if we did really really well. Like 10+ wins. Otherwise, I could see just about anything beneath that happening.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

lol.......

With all the predictions about the Huskers with the new staff, I thought we could review how well we predicted with the last two staffs. My predictions for Callahan were good. thought the west coast offense would be a disaster in Lincoln because the current players were recruited for the option. I thought the defense would stink because Cosgrove defenses were always bad with the exception of a couple of years. And I thought Callahan was a hard-headed, arrogant coach as shown by his refusal to change the playbook in his superbowl loss, and his behavior at Oakland in his last year. I predicted a 7 win first season, and a Callahan firing within six years.

For Bo my crystal ball was awful. I was very hopeful because of the turnaround of the 2003 defense with all the forced turnovers, and the aggressive play. I forgave the two blowouts because it was Bo's first year, and the previous defense was so bad. I thought the offense would be better because Watson wouldn't be under Callahan's thumb. I predicted nine wins in the first season, A conference championship within three seasons, and perennial top 10 teams.

I have no clue what the current staff will accomplish. A career 500 record, and although Riley has coached in the NFL, he has never won a championship at any level (edit - I missed two Grey cups). I like the talk of Banker letting the defense attack, but his defenses have been poor lately. I like the experience of the coaches, but you don't win just because you have experience. I like how the staff is working with all the players at practice instead of having players standing around, I like the change in strength and conditioning. But how will this staff perform. I have no idea.

I'm kind of worried this year because of the installing of a new, 'pro style' offense, given that the starting QB will probably be TA. Hopefully the offensive staff can mold to the players' strengths.

Long term, I would think this staff would be better than Bo and Co because of their experience and what looks like better organizational style.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

Beck going to tOSU kind of shut up the Beck haters. Poetic justice. Watson ends up @ TX, same thing. Neither 'good enough' for many NE fans, though.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

As a position coach with no play calling duties

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Williams > Fisher

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Is that Science?

As a position coach with no play calling duties

Okay but still. Lets see if Langsdorf is actually better at calling plays. From what I understand he didn't call a lot at Oregon St.