How good is your crystal ball?

8-4. It will start bad, with many doubts after some early loses, but leave us with a good feeling after late season filled with wins.

I completely expect a 3-1 out of conference record and maybe a 6-2 Big Ten record. Still, 9-3 aint bad considering a regime change and a respectable schedule if the Big Ten stays on the upswing from last year.

Urban Meyer is curious why a regime change might mean 3 losses "ain't bad".........
hows about two in his second year when he was expected to win it all?

The Clownahan debacle was fairly easy to see. There were quite a few on Husker Board back then that could easily see what was about to happen. Unfortunately, they don't post here any longer. When an AD screws the pooch as horribly as Pud did, it didn't take a rocket scientist to see the dumpster fire that was about to be lit. I mean Clownahan was what the fifth or sixth choice?

Most people were behind the hiring of Bo. I was lukewarm, but from TO's short list Bo was easily the answer. The most puzzling thing to me back then was how could that short list only contain the names of Jim Grobe, Turner Gill, and Bo Pelini? Bo exceeded my expectations. Even this last season, there was a time when he had us rolling and people were talking about us. After the Solich mess, I never thought we'd fire a coach again with the results Bo having. However, I do agree that his dismissal was necessary. He was creating a toxic environment.

I have been a Mike Riley fan for the better part of a decade. He's the giant slayer. He took out big bad USC. I just wish we could have gotten him sooner. I think he'll be successful here, but I don't think we win a NC under Riley. I'm not even sure we win a conference championship with him at the helm. We will see a better brand of football under Riley. The team will be better coached. I highly doubt we see the blowouts we became accustomed to under Bo. I just don't think he'll put in the years here to get us where we want to go. However, I do think there is a plan once he decides to step aside. I know Riley isn't exactly the medicine most fans wanted, but I do believe he's the medicine Nebraska football needed.

• Fire 2

The Clownahan debacle was fairly easy to see. There were quite a few on Husker Board back then that could easily see what was about to happen. Unfortunately, they don't post here any longer. When an AD screws the pooch as horribly as Pud did, it didn't take a rocket scientist to see the dumpster fire that was about to be lit. I mean Clownahan was what the fifth or sixth choice?

Most people were behind the hiring of Bo. I was lukewarm, but from TO's short list Bo was easily the answer. The most puzzling thing to me back then was how could that short list only contain the names of Jim Grobe, Turner Gill, and Bo Pelini? Bo exceeded my expectations. Even this last season, there was a time when he had us rolling and people were talking about us. After the Solich mess, I never thought we'd fire a coach again with the results Bo having. However, I do agree that his dismissal was necessary. He was creating a toxic environment.

I have been a Mike Riley fan for the better part of a decade. He's the giant slayer. He took out big bad USC. I just wish we could have gotten him sooner. I think he'll be successful here, but I don't think we win a NC under Riley. I'm not even sure we win a conference championship with him at the helm. We will see a better brand of football under Riley. The team will be better coached. I highly doubt we see the blowouts we became accustomed to under Bo. I just don't think he'll put in the years here to get us where we want to go. However, I do think there is a plan once he decides to step aside. I know Riley isn't exactly the medicine most fans wanted, but I do believe he's the medicine Nebraska football needed.

The whole Jim Grobe thing started out as a troll attempt and Grobe plays along because it makes him feel like he doesn't suck. I know this because I know the guy who started it all and how funny it was.

The whole Jim Grobe thing started out as a troll attempt and Grobe plays along because it makes him feel like he doesn't suck. I know this because I know the guy who started it all and how funny it was.

exactly. And besides. Anyone with any sense knew it was gonna be Bo the second Pedersen (not Callahan) was fired. It's what everyone wanted 4 years prior and now we's gettin our wish.

• 8 months later...

So much hand wringing over the Oregon State numbers. Can we please drop it? Again, OSU and Nebraska are not directly relatable. We wouldn't compare ourselves with Iowa State or Purdue, so lets not do it with Oregon State.

This turned out to be AWESOME

Looks like Riley was able to make them very similar!

• Fire 4

If you look at our staff we have improved at every single position.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Cavanaugh > Garrison + Cotton

Williams > Fisher

Davis > Brown (only one I went back and forth on)

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Read > Els (One of Els dozen hats)

This entire thread is full of laffy, but this post takes the cake.

The only place we had an upgrade is at LB, and I'm not so certain that Els was as bad as the system he was coaching in.

I hate to say it, but I'm going with 5-7

that good? Youre comin around faster than i thought.

Anytime anyone says something like 5-7 for a record for NU in 2015, I just shake my head. That is not even being realistic. NU should be no worse than they were last year. They have too much talent to lose that many games. The only teams that will out talent them on the schedule are Miami and maybe MSU. Mike Riley would have to be completely incompetent to lose that many games with that much talent.

I think Riley will do well here. I don't know how many if any CCG he will win. OSU is head and shoulders better than everyone in the conference right now. That will a big obstacle to overcome.

This one is good, too.

• Fire 2

I hate to say it, but I'm going with 5-7

that good? Youre comin around faster than i thought.

Anytime anyone says something like 5-7 for a record for NU in 2015, I just shake my head. That is not even being realistic. NU should be no worse than they were last year. They have too much talent to lose that many games. The only teams that will out talent them on the schedule are Miami and maybe MSU. Mike Riley would have to be completely incompetent to lose that many games with that much talent.

I think Riley will do well here. I don't know how many if any CCG he will win. OSU is head and shoulders better than everyone in the conference right now. That will a big obstacle to overcome.

This one is good, too.

Ha! That is a GREAT ONE!

If you look at our staff we have improved at every single position.

Riley > Bo

Langsdorf > Beck

Banker > Papuchis

Cavanaugh > Garrison + Cotton

Williams > Fisher

Davis > Brown (only one I went back and forth on)

Hughes > Kaz

Bray 10x> Els

Stewart > Warren

Read > Els (One of Els dozen hats)

This entire thread is full of laffy, but this post takes the cake.

The only place we had an upgrade is at LB, and I'm not so certain that Els was as bad as the system he was coaching in.

Grading out the two staffs, after the season

Riley = Bo (Advantage Bo in record, Advantage Riley in PR)

Langsdorf > Beck (Not a fan of Langsdorf's system, but definitely less boom or bust minus TA)

Banker > Papuchis (I think stopping the run is more important in the B1G, but that secondary...woof)

Cavanaugh = Garrison + Cotton (Poor OL play all-around)

Williams >> Fisher (Our perimeter warriors can catch now)

Davis < Brown (Call it talent-based, but the RB position was poorly managed this year and underperformed with what they had)

Hughes = Kaz (Both have got the DL to play within their respected systems and have movers in the middle)

Bray >> Els (Bray maximized this group and will out-recruit you everyday of the week)

Stewart << Warren (Different system but the secondary when from first to last nationally, and Warren was a hell of a recruiter)

Read < Bo + Els (Bo took over ST last year and was #1 Nationally in ST Efficiency. Read sub-100...woof)