OL Harlan Gunn

kramer

hey you all bring up good points but i think that he had a great time at his visit because of

1. his parents were with him

***SNIP***

I dunno - I would think that would be a drawback. Inhibitions and all that...

lol touche but still he got to take his parents away from winter and go to sunny florida... i bet his parents were having a good time and he saw that so it probably influenced his decision a little.

I'm pretty sure i read Miami wants him as a DT. Wasn't that what he worked on down there? I know he would rather play DT and i thought that was a draw for him to go there. Maybe they are entertaining his desires to lure him in.

He could still easily be playing in red (not crimson Hack :clap )

Very true. I hate to speculate about things like this, and especially when none of us have asked him the truth to what happens in his quest for college. The only thing we really seem to know is that he committed to Miami and that we want him here.

Thanks for bringing me down to earth Dave.

I live in the Omaha area and seriously don't know much about this kid. He still has a full HS season to play. However, could he be one of those prima donna/drama queens Callahan was talking about. He apparently doesn't want to be at NU and therefore not a big husker fan. Which seems a little strange since there are so many Central grads at NU including incoming freshman D.J. Jones also a lineman.

Is he related to the tailback Gunn from a couple of years ago who went to ISU and was not offered by NU. Maybe there is some animosity there by the parents.

Anyway, if he is blown away by the psuedo galmour of Miami vs the stability of the midwest, knock yourself out Mr Gunn :power

i wish him the best, he is just a kid looking for what he thinks he will like in a program..........but Miami is not the only one out there, just surprised he comitted so soon without really looking around......he may indeed change his mind, but folks if he doesn't want to be here (NU) then better to not pursue him.......you gotta go where you want to play......simple as that

hunter

• 2 months later...

Guest greenbayhusker

A lot can happen in a over a year. However, the most we can do is hope he changes his mind. Either way, I wish him the best of luck!

:restore

Not too many blue chippers leave the state. Years ago Station went to Iowa and Ridder and Bryant went to Notre Dame. Maybe he'll change his mind closer to the signing date.

we don't have the "lock" like we used to have here.....if these kids aren't recruited hard and early by NU, they just plain look elsewhere.......when we try to attract the big names and aren't successful, these guys are already gone.....

hunter

Not too many blue chippers leave the state. Years ago Station went to Iowa and Ridder and Bryant went to Notre Dame. Maybe he'll change his mind closer to the signing date.

we don't have the "lock" like we used to have here.....if these kids aren't recruited hard and early by NU, they just plain look elsewhere.......when we try to attract the big names and aren't successful, these guys are already gone.....

hunter

You can thank frank for that

I wish Harlan read these boards. Heck, I wish Harlan would talk in public to Nebraska fans around the state the trash he talks about Husker fans on his MySpace.

Some of you all may have seen the quote in the sig line of a Miami poster on Rivals. If you have, you would know we aren't missing out on a da** thing with Harlan. Premadonna, point blank.

I'd rather not post it, but since I know it will be asked, the question was to Harlan if he would decommit since he is from Nebraska, he replied with "only (another name for vagina here) bleeds red."

And some of you all want this guy?