McKeon: Be prepared for a diminished run game

The final score was 45-42....we failed to convert on a 4th down with 2 1/2 mins left. Did they get up by a couple scores? Yeah they did. Does it really matter if it isn't in the 4th quarter?

Youth, they let up. Well, we played a good game. And if we hadn't gotten 'Becked' on that 3rd and 4th down deal, maybe we would've stolen that game. Huskers had a huge incentive in that game: "Win one for the Bopper!"

I'm saying, as per huge recruiting gains, USC will become the top dog in the PAC maybe as soon as this year, and will be the top dog, over OR. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

(USC #2 recruiting class 2015)

USC Recruiting Class Rank

2008 #4

2009 #3

2010 #3

2011 #3

2012 #3

2013 #12

2014 #10

So this teams upper classmen at USC average rank in the country is #3, the one that snuck by NU by 3

They were 2nd last year and I predict will be top 5 recruiting for the foreseeable future. Sark will grow into the job, but with that much talent, I could probably coach them to a championship.

ESPN has them @ #4 going into next year: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings

Athlon haas them 10th

Coach Steve Sarkisian’s first season had its share of ups and downs, but USC could be the favorite to win the Pac-12 South in 2015. - See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-football/very-early-college-football-top-25-2015#sthash.mmuTWsfz.dpuf

So he took a team that had every class ranked leaps and bounds above NU And beat us by 3. Just saying that Sark is nowhere near a Pete Carroll

No, not on Carroll,s level, so he may not be in the NCG every year, but USC will be a perennial top 5, top 10 contender, and will get their fair share of playoff appearences under Sark. Probably start really kicking into gear come 2016.

So he took a team that had every class ranked leaps and bounds above NU And beat us by 3. Just saying that Sark is nowhere near a Pete Carroll

No, not on Carroll,s level, so he may not be in the NCG every year, but USC will be a perennial top 5, top 10 contender, and will get their fair share of playoff appearences under Sark. Probably start really kicking into gear come 2016.

Texas disagrees with you

This argument is just a one-off of the classic "recruiting stars do/don't matter." cornographic believes in recruiting ranking's power of prediction; hedley does not. You're not likely to convince each other.

I believe that there is a very strong correlation between the 2. I just also realize coaching matters. USC and Texas always have elite classes. Have lacked elite coaching and still do

Pierson-El on that fly sweep is going to be lethal, plus it should open up some inside stuff.

I know it was in the playbook before, but the timing always seemed a little off. I think it helps running it from under center, too. The defense can't track the ball when the QB has his back turned to them.

• 6 months later...

I hate it when Mckeons right. And it seems to happen so often.

Don't worry because he has gems like this that make you hate him all over again. #Melodramatic

Love the Forrest Gump stance there Mike...."Momma always said 'Stupid is as stupid does', so with that in mind let's talk about the 55points a 1-6 football team just hung on me..." :facepalm:

• Fire 3

I hate it when Mckeons right. And it seems to happen so often.

Don't worry because he has gems like this that make you hate him all over again. #Melodramatic

Love the Forrest Gump stance there Mike...."Momma always said 'Stupid is as stupid does', so with that in mind let's talk about the 55points a 1-6 football team just hung on me..." :facepalm:

That had me rolling, RedRex. Nice. +1