2015 MLB Thread

Shouldn't we rename this thread the "Big Red Buster loves his Cubs!" thread?

Hey....talk about another team. The Cubs are having a good year and their's lots to talk about. There are other teams that are having a good year...bring up the subject.

I don't particularly like baseball myself. Its OK, but I am a big CFB fan. Don't mind the Royals doing so well if it keeps the locals happy. Not a band wagon fan - not a fan at all.

You could sense an Arrieta no hitter was coming sooner more so than later after the way he closed last season. He took no nos into the fifth inning in 8 of his last 14 starts. So it was great seeing him finish the job last night.

6-0 in August with a 0.43 era. Honestly I think he leaped Grienke for the Cy Young.

And there is no need to talk about other teams, this Cubs talk is just fine

Buster, maybe someday I'll post pics ofmyBryant , Baez Soler autograph baseball.

Hey....talk about another team. The Cubs are having a good year and their's lots to talk about. There are other teams that are having a good year...bring up the subject.

While i'm in no way a Cubs fan, it is definitely good for the sport of baseball when they are competitive. I've basically given up hope in trying to figure out how St. Louis keeps on winning. With all the rookies playing and different holes they've had to fill I just can't figure out how they've won 85 games and are well on their way to 100 wins.

Only thing to really watch down the stretch is to see if the Cubs can rundown the Pirates for home field in the Wild Card game.

While i'm in no way a Cubs fan, it is definitely good for the sport of baseball when they are competitive. I've basically given up hope in trying to figure out how St. Louis keeps on winning. With all the rookies playing and different holes they've had to fill I just can't figure out how they've won 85 games and are well on their way to 100 wins.

Only thing to really watch down the stretch is to see if the Cubs can rundown the Pirates for home field in the Wild Card game.

Pitching. Look at the combined ERA of the Cards starting pitching. Then, they have some nasty stuff in the bull pen also. Their entire team ERA is leading MLB with 2.65. That's just ridiculous. I know Cards fans that are actually pretty concerned and frustrated at their offense. They are 20th in runs scored.

I don't think they are going to catch the Pirates. I'm just hoping SF doesn't catch us. We have a really tough schedule in September. We are either going to come out of it on fire or we are going to fade away.

Personally, if I take my Cubbie blue glasses off, I still think we are a year away. Our bats are just way way way too young to go against great pitching night after night. Look what happened in a 4 game stretch when they went against 3 Cy Young award winners and one World Series MVP.

Pitching. Look at the combined ERA of the Cards starting pitching. Then, they have some nasty stuff in the bull pen also. Their entire team ERA is leading MLB with 2.65. That's just ridiculous. I know Cards fans that are actually pretty concerned and frustrated at their offense. They are 20th in runs scored.

I don't think they are going to catch the Pirates. I'm just hoping SF doesn't catch us. We have a really tough schedule in September. We are either going to come out of it on fire or we are going to fade away.

Personally, if I take my Cubbie blue glasses off, I still think we are a year away. Our bats are just way way way too young to go against great pitching night after night. Look what happened in a 4 game stretch when they went against 3 Cy Young award winners and one World Series MVP.

I agree with the pitching being the determining factor for the Cards. Being a cards fan its almost as if when the club announces someone gets hurt you just look at it and say "Well, we have someone to fill that roll." Even the bullpen guys that are contributing are doing so in roles they weren't projected to be in to start the year or with guys who weren't on the team 2 months ago.

And if you would've told me that Martinez and Jaime Garcia would be doing what they're doing this year I'm not sure I would've believed you. While Martinez has electric stuff he can be a head case at times and it can ruin a good start.

Hopefully they went through their offensive slump for the year and the hitting we've seen the last 9 games or so can continue. Gonna need it come October.

I agree with the pitching being the determining factor for the Cards. Being a cards fan its almost as if when the club announces someone gets hurt you just look at it and say "Well, we have someone to fill that roll." Even the bullpen guys that are contributing are doing so in roles they weren't projected to be in to start the year or with guys who weren't on the team 2 months ago.

And if you would've told me that Martinez and Jaime Garcia would be doing what they're doing this year I'm not sure I would've believed you. While Martinez has electric stuff he can be a head case at times and it can ruin a good start.

Hopefully they went through their offensive slump for the year and the hitting we've seen the last 9 games or so can continue. Gonna need it come October.

Something I was shocked at when researching the info I put in my post, the Cubs are dead last in the entire MLB in batting average. I even had to check to make sure I wasn't looking at last year. But, they are tied for 18th in total runs which is actually above the Cards which are tied at 20th.

The batting average situation sort of supports my fear about our young bats. :hmmph