2015 MLB Thread

Well....good job Mets.

We absolutely couldn't hit anything they threw at us. Even last night after we finally started getting some guys on base, we couldn't drive them in. We lost by 5 and we left 7 men on base and many of those were in scoring position.

It has been a really fun team to watch. However, next year, I'm guessing the following players will be gone.

Fowler (I think he is a free agent) He did well in the lead off position.

Castro (We need more pitching and he isn't ever going to be worth more than he is now)

Hendricks or Hammel (We need another big gun in starting pitching. Neither of these fit that bill)

Ross (I think he retires and we have other options at catcher)

Schwarber is a head scratcher though. Obviously he doesn't have the speed to play the outfield. Catcher is his natural position. However, I thought Montero played well there. I would hate to take Schrwarber's bat out of the lineup by switching back and forth between the two. So....maybe Montero goes to the bench if Schwarber shows he can play really good catcher defensively.

Oh well....it's time to focus all my energy into Husker football and basketball when it starts in a month.

Good season Buster. Disappointing end for you guys for sure, but you know you're a piece or two away from greater things. YOu just caught the wrong team at the wrong time. The Mets are hot, and can seem to do no wrong since knocking off the Dodgers.

From what I've gathered from Cubs fans elsewhere, opinions seem split on whether or not you should bring Hammel back as a #5. He fell off pretty badly after his dominating start, and certainly last night won't endear him to the fanbase. But he was pretty solid for the first half and could eat a lot of innings. Hendricks is certainly not overpowering, but he's young, has very good control, and has been very good at times but very inconsistent. Typical young pitcher.

It'll be curious to see what happens with Fowler. He's much better against lefties than righties, which eats a significant chunk of his value, but as a leadoff guy, you could do a heck of a lot worse than his combo of power and speed.

You've definitely got to figure out what to do with Schwarber defensively though. He was absolutely brutal in the field in the NLCS. He reminds me a lot of when the Mets used to play Duda in the outfield. They needed his bat in the lneup, but his defense tanked any value his bat gave us. If he can catch, I'd go that route and try to flip Montero, but the Cubs have said all along they thought he'd outgrow catching, so who knows?

Here's hoping the Mets can bring another one home for the NL from those AL goons.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...