2015 MLB Thread

That really sucks for Russell. Baez is good. I just think Russell is slightly better on defense.

Yes the first thing I thought about was what he (Addison) brings defensively. He and Starlin have a good chemistry out there also. I'm excited for Baez though.

A little confused by using Syndergaard for one inning last night. I was fine when he was warming up early - thought he might have to pitch 3-4 innings. But then deGrom made it through the sixth and they brought Syndergaard in for the seventh. That's fine but then I don't know why they didn't run him back out there for the eighth - especially when there's a decent chance that the pitcher's spot comes up to bat in the bottom of the eighth.

Obviously it worked out but I would have thought if you're going to use him, let him pitch.

Interested to see what rotation the Mets roll out now.

That was a curious decision to say the least, Mav. Most Mets fans were openly asking the same thing, especially the way Thor was dealing for that one inning. Terry Collns is known for some unconventional managerial decisions, and has supreme confidence in our closer. Luckily, it worked out.

Been a very good series so far. We were very lucky to get out of NY up 2-0 facing Lester and Arrieta. Got to wonder if something is up with Arrieta the way he's thrown his last couple outings. Hope he is alright and it's just fatigue. Getting pumped fort tonight!

A little confused by using Syndergaard for one inning last night. I was fine when he was warming up early - thought he might have to pitch 3-4 innings. But then deGrom made it through the sixth and they brought Syndergaard in for the seventh. That's fine but then I don't know why they didn't run him back out there for the eighth - especially when there's a decent chance that the pitcher's spot comes up to bat in the bottom of the eighth.

Obviously it worked out but I would have thought if you're going to use him, let him pitch.

Interested to see what rotation the Mets roll out now.

That was a curious decision to say the least, Mav. Most Mets fans were openly asking the same thing, especially the way Thor was dealing for that one inning. Terry Collns is known for some unconventional managerial decisions, and has supreme confidence in our closer. Luckily, it worked out.

Been a very good series so far. We were very lucky to get out of NY up 2-0 facing Lester and Arrieta. Got to wonder if something is up with Arrieta the way he's thrown his last couple outings. Hope he is alright and it's just fatigue. Getting pumped fort tonight!

Makes a lot more sense now that they brought Syndergaard back to start Game 2. I thought he'd get pushed back in the rotation but now he got the W in Game 2 and would be up again later in the series if needed. I'm good with that. :thumbs

Degrom is a beast, but you guys have hit him very well. Hendricks seems to me to be either very good or very bad. Every time I used him in fantasy this year, he was bad. Lol.

Agreed that it's make or break time, though.

Hendricks can be good. Problem is, even when he is good, you can only expect him to last maybe 5 innings. He just doesn't have the strength to go longer.

Our bats have got to get hot. We haven't been able to hit anything the last two games which is very odd for this team to have that happen to them two games in a row. Hopefully they break out tonight.

Bring on next year. It was an amazing year so in the end I'm happy despite pretty much being done with being down 3-0. Disappointing to see a team the Cubs owned in the regular season get hot at the right time while the Cubs couldn't be more off of their game.

We will be back next year. Hopefully Theo makes some changes in regards to this pitching staff. It's inevitable and necessary if this team is going to have a shot at winning it all. The potential is there.

#wewantGreinke

Bring on next year. It was an amazing year so in the end I'm happy despite pretty much being done with being down 3-0. Disappointing to see a team the Cubs owned in the regular season get hot at the right time while the Cubs couldn't be more off of their game.

We will be back next year. Hopefully Theo makes some changes in regards to this pitching staff. It's inevitable and necessary if this team is going to have a shot at winning it all. The potential is there.

#wewantGreinke

Well, this series is definitely a huge let down. If anything could go wrong, it's going to in this series. Our best pitchers can't stop runs from happening, our defense falls apart and our bats can't score. Pretty hard to win when that all happens.

It's been a fun year. I will be very pumped for next year.

I agree that we need more starting pitching. It will be interesting to see who they will need to get rid of to get it though.

• Fire 1