2015 MLB Thread

Even with the early Cards lead, I never once doubted the Cubs would win the game. It's been a great year for this team, it shows how much difference a year can be. All I wanted was a better record than last year. I'd say we got that.

Go Cubs! Let's beat the Dodgers/Mets!

Honestly....

I find myself asking....."Is this really happening"?

It's the same feeling I had towards the end of the 1995 Orange Bowl against Miami. The game wasn't over and we could have easily lost the game but....wow.....

Keep it going. 8 more wins is all we need.

I'm learning not to question Madden. I scratched my head about starting Hammel in this game. But, now we have Arrieta and Lester fresh for games one and two this weekend. Shut them down early and hopefully get ahead in the series.

Will someone in here please explain something to me.

Why in the hell, after what Rizzo did to him in game 3, does Matheny let Siegrest face Rizzo again? And not only that but once he goes deep Matheny leaves him in and lets him face Schwarber.

I told a buddy at work the worst thing that could've happened was Cruz only scoring 1 one off his 2B and Matheny having to pinch hit for Wainwright. I was pumped we tied the game but knew once the inning was over and it was 4-4 that the Cards we in trouble.

Why in the hell, after what Rizzo did to him in game 3, does Matheny let Siegrest face Rizzo again? And not only that but once he goes deep Matheny leaves him in and lets him face Schwarber.

I told a buddy at work the worst thing that could've happened was Cruz only scoring 1 one off his 2B and Matheny having to pinch hit for Wainwright. I was pumped we tied the game but knew once the inning was over and it was 4-4 that the Cards we in trouble.

I was concerned that Matheny was going to leave Wainwright in for most of the rest of the game. Basically use him as though he was starting (only entering in the middle of the game). When I saw that he wasn't going to pitch in the next inning, my confidence went WAY up on winning. I think Wainwright came in and pitched the 4th and 5th. Why not leave him in till maybe the 7th or 8th inning and allow your offense a chance to get ahead?

Question, who would you have put in to replace Siegrest against Rizzo? Rizzo and Schwarber have hit pretty much everyone they have faced.

I was concerned that Matheny was going to leave Wainwright in for most of the rest of the game. Basically use him as though he was starting (only entering in the middle of the game). When I saw that he wasn't going to pitch in the next inning, my confidence went WAY up on winning. I think Wainwright came in and pitched the 4th and 5th. Why not leave him in till maybe the 7th or 8th inning and allow your offense a chance to get ahead?

Question, who would you have put in to replace Siegrest against Rizzo? Rizzo and Schwarber have hit pretty much everyone they have faced.

The 28 or so pitches wainwright threw the night before probably had more to do with him only going two innings. First week of action coming of the injury.

The greatest thing with the Rizzo/Seigrest dongs was he had him 0-2 both nights. Tried to blow a fast ball by him in game four and hung the living hell out if a slider last night.

I think Matheny made the right call last night, but he looked like a man that had no answer of what to do in that game. He had to sense the reign of terror was over.

A little confused by using Syndergaard for one inning last night. I was fine when he was warming up early - thought he might have to pitch 3-4 innings. But then deGrom made it through the sixth and they brought Syndergaard in for the seventh. That's fine but then I don't know why they didn't run him back out there for the eighth - especially when there's a decent chance that the pitcher's spot comes up to bat in the bottom of the eighth.

Obviously it worked out but I would have thought if you're going to use him, let him pitch.

Interested to see what rotation the Mets roll out now.