DPE everything we thought

I am thrilled about DPE and what he brings to the Huskers. Do we have another player similar to him, maybe in waiting? Would that be Irons, and did he get involved in spring game? It would be great if we had another Pierson-El type of player out there along with DPE at times. Might not be immediately this season but possibly later as the season progresses. Who would that candidate be? (Fly sweep, catch and run, make some plays, scare the crap out of LBs in space and CBs)

I am thrilled about DPE and what he brings to the Huskers. Do we have another player similar to him, maybe in waiting? Would that be Irons, and did he get involved in spring game? It would be great if we had another Pierson-El type of player out there along with DPE at times. Might not be immediately this season but possibly later as the season progresses. Who would that candidate be? (Fly sweep, catch and run, make some plays, scare the crap out of LBs in space and CBs)

I actually think Jamal Turner is/could be that kind of multi faceted guy once he gets into his groove. Remember his return skills not so long ago? Needs more touches.

I actually think Jamal Turner is/could be that kind of guy once he gets into his groove. Remember his return skills not so long ago?

Are we supposed to?

I remember Burkhead catching a lot of punts, and Kenny Bell returning kickoffs. Abdullah had a nasty punt return against Fresno that one time.

Don't remember much about Turner's return skills. I remember spring/fall camp talk about him being in the mix. That's about it.

Important in case DPE gets hurt.

Tough to live up to what we saw from DPE last year but I think Irons has a chance to be similar. Very similar build. Irons is at least as fast as DPE but might not have all the moves. I think he would be a great fit running the fly sweep.

I actually think Jamal Turner is/could be that kind of guy once he gets into his groove. Remember his return skills not so long ago?

Are we supposed to?

Yeah.

Here's my angle:

Like DPE, JT played qb in high school(top 10 dual threat recruit). JT is a receiver that has return skills and can do all the 'H Back' functions--think 'Jet Sweep'. So, as far as I can tell, JT is the most similar player to DPE on the team. If someone can think of a more suitable candidate, I'd be happy to hear about it.

03b881a095eee777b6ccff8360c53570.gif?141

Are we supposed to?

Yeah.

Here's my angle:

Like DPE, JT played qb in high school(top 10 dual threat recruit). JT is a receiver that has return skills and can do all the 'H Back' functions--think 'Jet Sweep'. So, as far as I can tell, JT is the most similar player to DPE on the team. If someone can think of a more suitable candidate, I'd be happy to hear about it.

H Backs are Tight End or Fullback types who do a lot of blocking on DEs and LBs- that isn't JT

JT is a slot or WR- the Slot or WR runs Jet Sweep- not H backs

Are we supposed to?

Yeah.

Here's my angle:

I don't get the sense they want to do that stuff just to do it. They want to do it because DPE is our best offensive weapon, and they need to get him the ball in more ways than one. JT might be our 8th or 9th best offensive weapon.

If I was a bettin' man, I'd put money on Westerkamp taking more jet sweeps than JT. He may not be as shifty as JT, but he's also not going to leave as many yards on the field dancing east-and-west.