OWH McKweon: Post spring depth chart - WR's

Brandon Reilly has been a nice surprise but still, he needs to work on his hands. I've seen the guy drop some key passes.

Pierson El is obviously money, the guy needs the ball in his hands a lot.

Westerkamp has proven he is defintely a go to guy also. His sure hands should make him a target on third downs.

I still really like Burtch. I think he's got a lot of talent. I hope he finds his way onto the field because if he does, I think he's going to be another one of those reliable targets. He can also go up and fight for some tougher catches.

Don't rule out Stanley Morgan or Lavon Alston playing this fall. Morgan has some of the best hands I've ever seen coming out of high school and could play immediately. Alston is listed on a lot of boards/articles/recuriting sites as very likely to make an immediate impact. These two guys will add some good depth. We will take 3-4 WR's in this next class who will be quality as well. We have a TON of offers out to big time guys.

• Fire 2

.....they listed a position as fly sweep.

Dear God.

I think this makes sense, actually. It's not a distinct position but it's a gadget play that they will only run with certain players. Pierson El is an obvious one.

Burtch & Allen so far down the list is interesting.

Reilly, DPE, Westy, and Turner look to be tops in the rotation. I agree that we aren't super deep here in terms of proven ability. But, there's a lot of opportunity, a lot of promise, and a lot of competition.

• Fire 1

We need some big bodied guys who can be consistent and not make stupid mental errors. I like that they are offering a lot of 6'4" 6'5" guys in 2016. You get a long guy at that height and his wingspan automatically gains another foot of catching radius and another foot of height advantage over that 6'0" corner covering him.

Jamal Turner is tough to figure out.

The pressure is off Turner. At this point if they get anything from him, it's gravy. I don't see him taking a lot of plays away from other Wide Receivers, but it would be fun to use him periodically as a flanker back on crossing patterns, reverses, bubble screens, maybe let him throw the ball a couple times. It's nothing but good that he's still on the team, still wanting to contribute.

We may not be as deep at receiver as we thought although I believe in this staff and the ability to develop receivers.

Only looking at Oregon St as evidence

I have been saying this!!!

But their wr coach did not come over with the new staff. Hope the new guy can fix the "quality depth" issue

We may not be as deep at receiver as we thought although I believe in this staff and the ability to develop receivers.

We lost the leading receiver in school history and had two guys miss most of the season with injuries so we don't have a lot of guys who caught passes last year back. But Reilly and Burtch both played extensively two years ago. Burtch will be in the rotation this year - definitely not third string. We have a very good trio in DPE-Westerkamp-Reilly with two guys who've played a lot (Burtch and Turner) behind them. I'm not worried about our receiving corp.

I think there are a couple younger guys who could play if needed as well. I think Irons will be DPE Lite.

We lost the leading receiver in school history and had two guys miss most of the season with injuries so we don't have a lot of guys who caught passes last year back. But Reilly and Burtch both played extensively two years ago. Burtch will be in the rotation this year - definitely not third string. We have a very good trio in DPE-Westerkamp-Reilly with two guys who've played a lot (Burtch and Turner) behind them. I'm not worried about our receiving corp.

I think there are a couple younger guys who could play if needed as well. I think Irons will be DPE Lite.

Come on really.

Turner been here 10 years and has done nothing.

Reilly and Burtch have played extensively but have what to show for it?

Dont forget Hovey. kid is a stud cause he caught a couple passes last season.

DPE and JK are our 2 studs left. The younger guys will pass up Reilly and Burtch this year.

Our WR's minus 2 are unproven and we are just hoping they are going to be that good. But we will see.

I do agree with the bolded though.