Hidden Gems: Greatest Runs in Husker History ...

NU was up 21-0 and had right at 400 yards rushing- never felt the game was in doubt

Held Washington to less than 50 yards rushing

Watch the play here at about .30- one of TOs gems

Fake FB trap- Buck keep to the QB- NO ONE runs anything like that:

Oh I'm not saying the game had doubt, but the final score was what 27/28-14? There was definitely a different feel in that game after Huard got knocked out. Preparing for a pocket passer and then adjusting to a dual threat guy neutralized our defense.

True

But we held them to 50 rushing

While it was just a 14 point win- I felt like we dominated the game

Very satisfying win- great day of football- then off for some great Seafood

Satisfying indeed. It took 6-7 years to just somewhat silence the a-holes about Nebraska. Part of the reason I have a chip on my shoulder about living in WA. The following years trouncing may have even felt better for me haha. (One of my favorite stories was a family friend played for UW in the 98 game, he said two things - 1) the pooper stalls didn't have doors on them and was awkward 2) we lit them up, he's so angry coming off the field, expecting the usual smack talking fans, but the Husker fans were cheering them, thanking them, etc. he was kind of frustrated because, "they were so nice, we couldn't even be mad at the fans!")

In Callahan s first year, Corey Ross had a run that sealed the win against Missouri at home. It went for over fifty and sideline to sideline and he broke multiple takes and made guys miss left and right. It was great because the crowd would roar when he broke free, and then kind of moaned when they thought he was corralled, then went back into a frenzy when he broke loose.

Capped a game in which NU wasn't supposed to win and Pinkel pinkeled himself trying to make Brad Smith a thrower.

Video or it didn't happen........

Tried to find it, there are close to zero videos from 2004. Which, for some dumb reason, I am surprised about...

I do remember the play though, kind of hard to forget the few good plays we had that year... No video, but I swear that it didn't happen. Or better yet, it's best that 2004 didn't happen at all.

At least Brad Smith was somewhat adequate as a football player (talent alone). Joe Dailey went 4/18 for 26 yards that day vs Missouri...

Not a particular play, but an interview with Milt Tenopir. Husker O-line coach of 30 years under Osborne. Especially known for his 90s Pipeline dynasty of offensive linemen. Tenopir is credited with inventing the counter trap play that NU ran to perfection. LINK

Not a particular play, but an interview with Milt Tenopir. Husker O-line coach of 30 years under Osborne. Especially known for his 90s Pipeline dynasty of offensive linemen. Tenopir is credited with inventing the counter trap play that NU ran to perfection. LINK

Lots of NU fans think todays NU blocks so much differently than in days past

That zone is some new fangled passive way of blocking

Tenopir ran both Inside and outside zone- and a lot of it

http://trojanfootballanalysis.com/?p=33