Hidden Gems: Greatest Runs in Husker History ...

Rozier had dozens of simply amazing runs during his career. The greatest one I remember was not so much the actual run, but the response from two old boys in the stadium after the run.

It was one of those shake and bake runs, a race down the sideline and a head on blast that layed out the d-back near the goal line. Truly great. After the shouting died down and we were settling back in our seats, the two old business men from Grand Island sat down, one leaned to the other and said "Damn, that's worth a B in any English class".....lol....they knew the score.

In Callahan s first year, Corey Ross had a run that sealed the win against Missouri at home. It went for over fifty and sideline to sideline and he broke multiple takes and made guys miss left and right. It was great because the crowd would roar when he broke free, and then kind of moaned when they thought he was corralled, then went back into a frenzy when he broke loose.

Capped a game in which NU wasn't supposed to win and Pinkel pinkeled himself trying to make Brad Smith a thrower.

In Callahan s first year, Corey Ross had a run that sealed the win against Missouri at home. It went for over fifty and sideline to sideline and he broke multiple takes and made guys miss left and right. It was great because the crowd would roar when he broke free, and then kind of moaned when they thought he was corralled, then went back into a frenzy when he broke loose.

Capped a game in which NU wasn't supposed to win and Pinkel pinkeled himself trying to make Brad Smith a thrower.

Video or it didn't happen........

I remember this play and I remember because I knew at that point, Scott Frost was going to become something special at NU. He got the monkey off his back wt this run against a highly regarded Washington team.

Not pretty but perfect. I miss seeing those hard nosed, stand up multiple defenders and still manage to get into the endzone runs.

I remember this play and I remember because I knew at that point, Scott Frost was going to become something special at NU. He got the monkey off his back wt this run against a highly regarded Washington team.

Not pretty but perfect. I miss seeing those hard nosed, stand up multiple defenders and still manage to get into the endzone runs.

I was at this game in Seattle

At the time many including myself thought this one was going to be a real tough game

Lots of people sceptical of how SF would handle the nasty away crowd

NU came in cool and confident- and quieted a loud and kind of nasty crowd- to NU fans anyways

Frost really showed his toughness that day and won a lot of people over

He was our most physical running QBs Ive seen in nearly 50 years of watching NU. He was a beast to take down inbetween the tackles and allowed TO to develop some new twists to take advantage of that

I was at this game in Seattle

At the time many including myself thought this one was going to be a real tough game

Lots of people sceptical of how SF would handle the nasty away crowd

NU came in cool and confident- and quieted a loud and kind of nasty crowd- to NU fans anyways

Frost really showed his toughness that day and won a lot of people over

He was our most physical running QBs Ive seen in nearly 50 years of watching NU. He was a beast to take down inbetween the tackles and allowed TO to develop some new twists to take advantage of that

If it weren't for Tuaisosopo, it would have been an uglier game for UW. Huard had no chance, Tui's speed mixed things up against our defense, reminded me somewhat of that Northwestern game we lost. My dad and brothers went to that UW game and were local Husker fans so everyone near them was asking who UWs backup was when Huard got hurt, no one knew, not even UW fans. Tui outplayed Huard, and UW fans fell in love with Tui and wasn't hard to forget Huard.

Back to Frost, he was one of my favorite Huskers. Does anyone have video of the decleater he threw as a lead blocker on a reverse? That was one of the most bada** hits I've ever seen from a QB.

NU was up 21-0 and had right at 400 yards rushing- never felt the game was in doubt

Held Washington to less than 50 yards rushing

Watch the play here at about .30- one of TOs gems

LOTS of leg room- background is Lake Washington and was in the shade under the overhang- GREAT place to watch a game

Fake FB trap- Buck Follow to the QB- NO ONE runs anything like that: